Routing Area Working Group (rtgwg)
Charter for Working Group
The Routing Area working group (RTGWG) is chartered to provide a
Options for handling new work include:
- Directing the work to an existing WG (including RTGWG)
It is expected that the proposals for new work will only include items which
A major objective of the RTGWG is to provide timely, clear
If RTGWG decides that a particular topic should be addressed by
Guiding principles for evaluation of new work by RTGWG will include:
1. Providing a clear problem statement for proposed new work.
2. Prioritizing new efforts to manage the trade-offs between urgency,
3. Looking for commonalities among ongoing efforts.
4. Ensuring appropriate cross-WG and cross-area review.
5. Protecting the architectural integrity of the protocols developed
RTGWG may also work on specific small topics that do not fit with an existing working group. An example of a small topic is a draft that might otherwise be AD-sponsored but which could benefit from the review and consensus that RTGWG can provide.
RTGWG may work on larger topics, but must be explicitly rechartered to add the topic. The specific larger topics that RTGWG is currently chartered to work on:
* Enhancements to hop-by-hop distributed
* Routing-related YANG models that are not appropriate for other RTG working
The working group milestones will be updated as needed to reflect the