Media over QUIC
|Document||Type||Replaced BOF request|
|Title||Media over QUIC|
|Send notices to||(None)|
Name: Media over QUIC
This is merely a placeholder for the BOF request, the details of the charter are currently being developed, so please consider this as heads up for the Media Over QUIC BOF request.
Media over QUIC (moq) will work on solution for a simple low-latency
media delivery protocol for ingest and distribution.
This work may address use cases including live streaming, gaming, and
media conferencing and allows efficient scaling. The solution supports
both web browsers and simple devices that don’t contain embedded browsers.
- Status: WG Forming
- Responsible AD: TBD ART AD
- BOF proponents: TBD
- BOF chairs: TBD
- Number of people expected to attend: 70
- Length of session (1 or 2 hours): 2 hours
- Conflicts (whole Areas and/or WGs)
- Chair Conflicts: TBD
- Technology Overlap: TBD
- Key Participant Conflict: TBD
Information for IAB/IESG
At IETF 113 a non WG forming BOF was held to discuss the idea of delivering media over QUIC which had participations from 58 participants across realtime conferencing and streaming industries. Since then we have had 2 follow up meetings to work on the charter, each bringing in contributions from around 30 participants. There has been consistent interest and participation in this work from developers associated with widely deployed applications including Twitter, Facebook, Webex and so on.
Links to the mailing list, draft charter if any, relevant Internet-Drafts, etc.
- Mailing List: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/moq
- Draft charter: https://github.com/moq-wg/moq-charter
- Relevant drafts: Following drafts were submitted as part of Non WG forming BOF at IETF113