|Document||Type||Approved BOF request Snapshot|
|Responsible leadership||Murray Kucherawy|
|Send notices to||(None)|
At IETF 115, draft-petrie-vcon was presented in the DISPATCH WG.
There appeared to be support for starting a WG for Vcon and it did not seem to fit in an existing WG.
This BOF request is to review and refine a charter for a new Vcon WG.
The goal of forming a Vcon WG is to define a standard SON based container for data and information relating to a human conversation.
With a standard container, it can:
* Ease export of conversation data from communication services and silos
* Ease integration of import of conversation data into services which provide transcription, translation and analysis
* Ease tracking of individuals' data and conversation for redaction or deletion
* Ease protection of individual private data and conversations
See Vcon charter proposal
for more information.
- Status: WG Forming
- Responsible AD: Murray S. Kucherawy (ART Area)
- BOF proponents: Dan Petrie <email@example.com>, Thomas Howe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- BOF chairs: Brian Rosen <email@example.com>, Spencer Dawkins <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Number of people expected to attend: 50
- Length of session: 2 hour
- Conflicts (whole Areas and/or WGs)
- Chair Conflicts: TBD
- Technology Overlap: RTCWEB, ASAP, AVTCORE, CDNI, CELLAR, ECRIT, MMUSIC, SIPCORE, STIR, WISH, MIMI, MOQ
- Key Participant Conflict: TBD
Information for IAB/IESG
To allow evaluation of your proposal, please include the following items:
- Any protocols or practices that already exist in this space: None
- Which (if any) modifications to existing protocols or practices are required: None
- Which (if any) entirely new protocols or practices are required: new JSON based media type for conversation related data
- Open source projects implementing this work: Vcon github is intended to implement draft-petrie-vcon
- Charter discussion 45 minutes
- draft-petrie-vcon 10 minutes
Links to the mailing list, draft charter if any, relevant Internet-Drafts, etc.
- Mailing List: Vcon email list
- Draft charter: Vcon charter proposal
- Relevant drafts:
- Use Cases and solution: