As required by RFC 4858, this is the current template for the Document
Changes are expected over time. This version is dated 24 February 2012.
(1) The document is requested to be a Proposed Standard. The header
information for the document reflects this.
(2) The IESG approval announcement includes a Document Announcement
Write-Up. Please provide such a Document Announcement Write-Up. Recent
examples can be found in the "Action" announcements for approved
documents. The approval announcement contains the following sections:
This specification defines new parameters for the OAuth 2.0 token
and introspection endpoints. These parameters are targeted for use
with the OAuth protocol adapted for constrained devices.
Working Group Summary
This document was created and modified in response to issues raised
by the OAuth working group. They deal with a case which the ACE
OAuth protocol does not currently support, but which is recently
introduced in OAuth. This document represents a consensus between
the two groups.
There exist at least two implementations which are using these
fields as part of the overall work. As noted above there was an
issue with the OAuth working group but it has been resolved.
Jim Schaad is acting as the Document Shepherd. Benjamin Kaduk
is the Responsible Area Director.
(3) I have reviewed and commented on this document as well as the
predecessor work that it was extracted from. During this review I
checked the document against my code base and walked in detail through
all of the IANA registrations. I believe that this document is ready
(4) I have no concerns with the review of this document.
(5) There are no portions of this document that need extra review.
(6) I have no concerns that the AD should be aware of.
(7) All authors have confirmed that they have no IPR.
(8) No IPR disclosures have been filed on this document.
(9) A reasonable percentage of the active members of the working group
have reviewed the document. The majority of the reviews were from about
(10) There are not any indications of appeals or extreme discontent.
(11) No ID nits were found.
(12) There is no formal review required.
(13) All references are appropriately normative or informative.
(14) All normative references are either complete or soon to advance
to the IESG
(15) There are no downward normative references.
(16) This document contains all new material and does not modify any
(17) I listed each of the different items that were created while doing
a read of the doument and then make sure there was a registration for each
of those items and visa versa.
(18) The document creates no new IANA registeries.
(19) No automated checks were performed on the document.