Minutes IETF100: stir
Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
||Minutes IETF100: stir
Minutes - STIR - IETF 100 - Tue Nov 14 2017
- The agenda was bashed to remove discussion of draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd,
and to provide an update on the documents that are already in IESG processing.
- draft-ietf-stir-rph is in WGLC and the editor is addressing comments.
- The proposed changes to draft-ietf-stir-certificates were discussed, minor
tweaks were suggested, but no issues or objections were raised. The changes
will go through a new last-call.
- The room expressed strong support for adopting
draft-wendt-stir-passport-shaken. The editor believes it is ready for WGLC.
- The core elements of the current architecture of draft-ietf-stir-oob were
discussed. There were no concerns expressed with the direction the draft is
heading. The editors will move forward with defining concrete protocols.
- Open issues in draft-ietf-passport-divert were discussed. The core of the
discussion was the tradeoff of nesting vs re-encrypting when retargeting
happens. The room landed on pursuing nesting. Optionally including the index
from History-Info was discussed.
See the session recording at for more detail.