Skip to main content

Minutes IETF108: jmap

Meeting Minutes JSON Mail Access Protocol (jmap) WG
Date and time 2020-07-30 11:00
Title Minutes IETF108: jmap
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2020-08-04

# JMAP @ IETF 108

Chairs: Bron Gondwana, Jim Fenton

NOTE WELL was presented

No agenda bashing

## JMAP calendars - Neil Jenkins

Added what had been agreed previously.

Fairly complete; waiting for jscalendar to be finalized.
Want implementation experience.

icalendar/caldav has delegation; intending to leave that
out and perhaps add as an extension later.

Bron: allow an event to exist on multiple calendars.

 - default alerts on calendars - do they all fire?
 - floating events and per-calendar timezones
 - display color taken from calendar -> which one to show?
 - aligns with emails (mailboxIds)
 - great for family or small team use-case - everyone has their own calendar
   and events exist on the calendars of those who need to care about them.

Neil leaning towards allowing it after discussion.

ACTION: Neil to update jscalendar spec with latest feedback and then submit for
WGLC once JSCalendar is final.

## JSContact - Mario Loffredo / Robert Stepanek

Current versions jscontact-02, jscontact-vcard-00

Next: revisit core data format. Align with JMAP patch
object, maintain mapping with VCARD RFCs.

A review from the working group would be nice.  Don't need
anything else at this time.

ACTION: Mario and Robert to keep working on JSContact
ACTION: Working Group to review JSContact

## JMAP Quotas

Making it more JMAPish

Want feedback from group, going to WGLC fairly soon.

Alexey will make sure it's consistent with IMAP quota.

ACTION: Working Group to review JMAP Quotas
ACTION: Alexey to review JMAP Quotas for alignment with IMAP Quotas

## S/MIME signature verification - Alexey

Current version -02 - added smimeVerifiedAt property,
clarification on smimeErrors.

Should we allow requests about "was signature valid at a given time?"

Bron: Is a signature valid if it expires while still in transit?

Suggestion: validate it at receipt time and store THAT as a field
which can be fetched.

One more revision then Last Call

ACTION: Alexey to publish revision of JMAP S/MIME for WGLC

## JMAP SIEVE - Ken Murchison

Currently individual draft, seeking adoption by group

JMAP-based protocol for managing Sieve scripts

Current design:

* accountCapabilities object, SieveScript object
* SieveScript get and set methods, new validate method

Possible changes

* Need HAVESPACE functionality?
  - if so, in quota
  - Bron: no, don't think it's needed - either way server will
    return overQuota error.
* Query method to filter and/or sort on name and/or activity
* test method to return the actions that would be taken
* Use BlobIDs
* Limits on changing isActive outside of SieveScript

Next steps: Adopt into JMAP working group.

Alexey: This would be a great addition to JMAP

ACTION: Bron to issue call for adoption for JMAP SIEVE draft
ACTION: Alexey to look at integration of JMAP SIEVE and Quota
ACTION: Bron to propose Blob draft

## Milestone review

Near term milestones met
August looks tight for quotas
s/mime signature validation will be August
Push s/mime key management to October
jmap addressbooks to December
JMAP sieve to IESG milestone: adopt August perhaps December submission to IESG
based on amount of feedback Bron will split blob into two documents - first one
for adopt in August and submit in December as well.

ACTION: Bron to update milestones

Adjourned 1229 UTC