Minutes IETF117: mls: Fri 00:00
|Meeting Minutes||Messaging Layer Security (mls) WG|
|Date and time||2023-07-28 00:00|
|Title||Minutes IETF117: mls: Fri 00:00|
MLS @ IETF 117
- Raphael: Multi-cred useful for PCS, since you can indirect an
- DKGillmor: Risk of infinite recursion?
- RLBarnes: We should forbid multi-in-multi
- Show of hands indicates consensus to adopt: unanimous support (24/0)
X25519 + Kyber
- RR: Need it on principle. Support adoption.
RLB: Support this work. The only thing to note is that the symmetric
bits are 128 not 256.
- RR: Had same question. Bas told him he was wrong.
- RLB: Should get some people to look at this.
BHale: Support draft.
- Show of hands indicates consensus to adopt: unanimous support
- RR: Always trade-offs, limited damage if this is wrong, support
adoption in extensions draft
JLHall: Seems like client UX could hide messages after leave?
- RR: Client wants to verify state gets cleaned up
RM to send a PR adding to extensions draft
- (No discussion, just an update)
Guardianship for MLS
DKG: Does this reveal connection between guardian & edge?
- XTian: Depends on the mode
RLB: What are the protocol impacts?
- XT: We didn't look at the specifics of the commit messages.
- BH: for most of these nothing would need to change. The couple
at the end depend on whether multi-sigs are allowed.
ST: What's the next step?
- BH: We can write an I-D.
- XT: Eprint coming soon