Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2015-6tisch-13
minutes-interim-2015-6tisch-13-1

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2015-6tisch-13
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2015-09-25

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2015-6tisch-13

   # Minutes, 25 September 2015 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

_Note_: time are PST

Meeting info
------------

* Date: September 25, 7AM Pacific, 2PM UTC
* Timezones:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171&h=100&date=2015-9-25&sln=14-15
* Webex link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=md64a0958ae4154c0553f056bf42b756a
* Meeting number: 203 137 703 * Meeting password: sixtus * Audio connection:
    * +1-866-432-9903 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
    * 0120.312271 Japan Toll -Free

Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_
-------------------------------
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert

Action Items
------------

ACTION: letter to IEEE to get the space in the IE IDs.

Present _(alphabetically)_
--------------------------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Diego Dujovne
1. Giuseppe Piro
1. Lijo Thomas
1. Maria Rita Palattella
1. Nestor >
1. Nicola Accettura
1. Patrick Wetterwald
1. Qin Wang
1. S.V.R. Anand
1. Savio Scianlepore
1. Senju Thomas Panicker
1. Shalu ?
1. Tengfei Chang
1. Tom Phinney
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Zhuo Chen

Agenda
------

* Administrivia _[5min]_
    * Agenda bashing
    * Minutes from Last meeting
* Status for draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal _[15min]_
* Scoping dynamic scheduling work _[25min]_
    * OTF centralized and distributed
    * CoAP-IE or something else, at IETF vs. IEEE
    * Slot appropriation (LBT?)
    * Chunk support
* New charter bashing _[10min]_
* AOB _[1min]_

Resources
---------

* Webex meeting:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=md64a0958ae4154c0553f056bf42b756a
* Webex recording:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=2d65d26049254bfa8f558fa43afdee0f
* Wiki: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/150925_webex * Slides:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/150925_webex/slides_150925_webex.ppt

--------
Minutes (all times in Pacific Time)
-------

* _[07.05]_ Meeting starts
* _[07.07]_ Administrivia
    * Agenda bashing
       Agenda is approved. No issues raised.
    * Minutes from Last meeting
       Last meeting minutes are approved. No issues raised.

    * 90 minutes meeting at IETF94 Yokohama
    * 2nd October, Preliminary agenda for the whole meeting by october 2nd.
    * 19th October, WG agenda to be published
    * No 6TiCCH Plugtest in Yokohama.

* _[07.10]_ Status for draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal
    *  the idea is not to copy the standard, but explain what we want to have
    in the header. This way, will translate from 15.4e-2012 to 15.4-2015 *
    Pascal calls for consensus on the call > no issues raised * Action item:
    Pascal to push the button to ship the minimal draft to the IESG
* _[07.??]_ Scoping dynamic scheduling work
    * Take new work after pushing minimal.
        - security
        - finalize 6top interface
        - Dynamic Scheduling: what do we do?
           - Be able to have parent-children agree in slots in the schedule.
           - Interaction between parent and child. How to avoid parents to be
           greedy, optimize the schedule, etc... - OTF draft is a big piece
           here. But we need to thing further on what we can take and what can
           be addressed.

    * TW: it important we get something out. Timeline is narrow. Pretty soon
    output of the process. Deliver fast. Test during Plugtest in Paris.
        Things to be done during the next 2 weeks so we can get things in the
        plugtest in Feb. Paris. Advanced Features: RSVP, OTF.
    * XV: we need to deliver 6top interface too.
    * TW: Agree. But now we need to set the BIG goals and then see how we give
    support to achieve them with what we have. * PT: The charter should say
    that we are focusing in dynamic scheduling. Do not say what exactly yet.

    Discussion POINTS:
    * Zhuo: does OTF do best-effort only or also guaranteed
    * TW:
        * OTF centralized and distributed
        * CoAP-IE or something else, at IETF vs. IEEE
       Do we continue CoAPIE or we go to something else?
       CoAP IE involves a lot of bytes per packet.
       It seems now that might be more interesting to find a format more
       aligned to IEEE so this work might be shared or adopted.

    * Slot appropriation (LBT?)
    *  how do we get a time slot? what is the policy? randomly? CCA on it? LBT?
    *  is random allocation enough
      * a node would propose a number of cells to its neighbor. How the node
      chooses the proposed cells does not matter for the protocol.
    * PT: we need to see if this has an impact in the network.
           * XV: maybe we can differentiate policy from mechanism?
           * PT: will write down
           * PT: proposal: first, not specify how a node selects the  slot
    * Chunk support   We can decide to add it or not.

   * Zhuo: will OTF be usable for other tracks? not best effort only?
   * TW: start working with best effort and then involve chunk support and
   differentitated tracks. * Zhuo: Agrees. * MR: When OTF allocates the cell it
   uses soft cells from 6top. We need to consider also the PCE case. * TW: we
   can go to no centralized but we can keep chunks for the future to address
   the PCE case.

   * ACTION: letter to IEEE to get the space in the IE IDs.

* _[07.54]_ New charter bashing
* Discussion about the new charter items.
    * OTF in the charter
    * Augment current drafts to support dynamic scheduling and being applicable
    to Detnet * Define MAC layer interactions to negotitate for time slots. *
    Discussion about whether we focus only in IP traffic or other traffic as
    well (tracks)

* Non-milestone work items:
    * keep text in the charter or drop it?

* _[08.05]_ AOB
No other B.
* _[08.08]_ Meeting ends