Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2015-6tisch-15
minutes-interim-2015-6tisch-15-1

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2015-6tisch-15
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2015-10-23

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2015-6tisch-15

   ## DRAFT ##

# Minutes, 23 October 2015 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

_Note_: time are PST

Meeting info
------------

* Date: 23 October, 7AM Pacific, 2PM UTC
* Timezones:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171&h=100&date=2015-10-23&sln=14-15
* Webex link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=md64a0958ae4154c0553f056bf42b756a
* Meeting number: 203 137 703 * Meeting password: sixtus * Audio connection:
    * 1-866-432-99031-866-432-9903 FREE Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
    * 0120.312271 Japan Toll -Free

Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_
-------------------------------

1. TODO

Action Items
------------

* **Pascal** to check coexistence in the charter to be taken into account.

* **Diego* Include chunks discussion in the SF0 draft related to the use of
container.

Present _(alphabetically)_
--------------------------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Call-in User_3?
1. Dan Garcia
1. Diego Dujovne
1. Giuseppe Piro
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Maria Rita Palattella
1. Michael Richardson
1. Michel Weillette
1. Nicola Accettura
1. Pat Kinney
1. Paventhan Arumugam
1. Qin Wang
1. Rafa Marin-Lopez
1. S.V.R. Anand
1. Savio Sciancalepore
1. Tengfei Chang
1. Tom Phinney
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. YL??
1. Zhuo Chen

Agenda
------

* Administrivia                    _[3min]_
    * Agenda bashing
    * Approval minutes from last meeting
* Rechartering                     _[10min]_
    * charter text
    * work items and milestones
* new activity in the join process _[5min]_
* draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer  _[10min]_
* draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0    _[10min]_
* draft-thubert-6tisch-tracks      _[5min]_
* Preparing for IETF94 Yokohama    _[10min]_
    * draft agenda
    * recommended formats and slides
* AOB                              _[2min]_

Resources
---------

* Webex meeting:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=md64a0958ae4154c0553f056bf42b756a
* Webex recording:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=2199749a9cde4c639b35b437262303e4
* Wiki: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/151023_webex * Slides:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/150925_webex/slides_151023_webex.ppt

Minutes
-------

* _[07.05]_ Meeting starts
    * Recording starts
    * **[Thomas]** states IETF Note Well
* _[07.06]_ Administrivia
    * Agenda bashing
    > agenda approved. No issues raised
    * Approval minutes from last meeting
    > minutes are approved. No issues raised
* _[07.07]_ Rechartering
    * charter text
        * the text for the new charter is stable
        * the text has been communicated to Brian Haberman (AD), waiting for
        reply
    * work items and milestones
        * Produce 6tisch architecture
        * 6top sublayer mechanisms
        * 6top SF
        * Secure 6tisch network bootstrap
        * produce requirements to detnet
        * **[Zhuo]** points that has been a lot of discussion w.r.t handling IP
        traffic (Sched. Function). * **[Pascal]** we want to focus on something
        we can produce. Non-IP traffic is PCE and we are not addressing that
        right now. * **[Zhuo]** a track should consist of several cells in
        different node schedules. This is part of the architecture *
        **[Pascal]** We do not support MPLS in this instance of the charter. *
        **[Pat]** could it be a compromise here. Like adding a "coma" saying
        ",not precluding any traffic." * **[Pascal]** clarifies that in the
        current charter there is a sentence that indicates that the current
        work is not advanced enough to focus on that topic but nothing prevents
        it. * **[Pat]** non-ip traffic, requiring some time slots. Should we
        work with the PCE then if we want non ip slots? * **[Thomas]**the
        allocation of a track is orthogonal to the mechanism. Zhuo can you
        clarify what you mean non-IP traffic? * **[Zhuo]** what happens if we
        create a hard cell track using the PCE and then we have 6top allocating
        soft cells on it. Would that be IP traffic? (CHECK THAT THIS IS WHAT HE
        SAID) * **[Pat]** How to coexist with other ... -- can we add a
        sentence to indicate that coexistence. * **[Pascal]**: architecture
        covers that with Chunks. > Action item: **Pascal** to check
        coexistence in the charter to be taken into account.
* _[07.22]_ new activity in the join process
    * slides presented by **Michael**

        * we have 6top that will be present in any 6tisch network. It
        communicates 2 neighbors.  * Can we leaverage it for security?

    * challenge: auth the network. Does the node join to the right network?
    * Future work: anima WG chartered. Lot of input to the 6tisch join sec.
    process. * Zigbee IP EAP-TLS + PANA * lots of fragmentation. * Thread Group
    is similar to the proposals of 6tisch released during 2015. * Suggestion:
    determine if the Thread group wont work. Propose changes if necessary. *
    **[Thomas]** Is there any relation between thread and anima? *
    **[Michael]** does not know.
* _[07.36]_ draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer

    * Xavi: published v03 defines the cell negotiation protcol

    * uses 6P to install remove cells

    * does not say how the scheduling function decides

    * Uses/ expects IETF IE

    * **[Pat]**: The IETF IE should not be named 6top since there is one for
    whole IETF * **[Thomas]**: we need to describe in a small doc how split the
    IE for new features * **[Xavi]**: there is a section that discusses the
    liaison with IEEE to get this moving * **[Thomas]**: we are waiting for
    reviews by Yokohama, encourage support (or not) on the ML
* _[07.43]_ draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0
    * **[Thomas]**: sf0 is conplementary draft
    * **[Diego]** this is sequel to OTF draft defines a scheduling function

     * Procedure has 3 steps (see slides)

    * goal define the scheduling functions
    * named SF0 (Scheduling Function 0)
    * 3 steps:
        * monitor the traffic
        * estimate the bw required
        * determine the # cells to be allocated
    * Rules
    * **[Pascal]** need to restrict the set of cells we pick cells from in case
    we are using cells * **[Thomas]** +1 * **[Diego]** +1. Something we forgot
    * **[Thomas]** creates
    https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0/issues/36/add-that-we-pick-cells-from-the-set-of
    * container in 6top is used to allocate cells in a slotframe, chunk, etc,,
    can be any * the sf0 should use that container to define the meaning of the
    allocation (e.g when allocating a cell in a chunk).
* _[07.56]_ draft-thubert-6tisch-tracks
    * Slides presented by **Pascal**
    * what tracks are in 6tisch
    *

* _[07.59]_ Preparing for IETF94 Yokohama
    * draft agenda
    * recommended formats and slides
* _[08.01]_ AOB
   No Other B.
   Is there going to be an interop in Yokohama? No.
   The interop will in Paris 2nd-4th Feb.
   No interin call in two weeks from now.

* _[08.??]_ Meeting ends