Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2015-6tisch-5
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e
||Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2015-6tisch-5
## THIS IS A DRAFT!!! ##
# Minutes, 06 March 2015 interim, 6TiSCH WG #
Note: timestamps in PST.
* Etherpad: http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/6tisch?useMonospaceFont=true
* Topic: 6TiSCH Bi-Weekly * Time: 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San
Francisco, GMT-07:00) * Meeting Number: 206 802 913 * Meeting Password: sixtus
* CCM: +14085256800x206802913 Resources --------- * Webex recording:
* Wiki: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/150306_webex * Slides:
Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_ ------------------------------- 1. Xavi
Vilajosana 1. Pascal Thubert 1. Thomas Watteyne Present _(alphabetically)_
-------------------------- 1. Thomas Watteyne 1. Pascal Thubert 1. Chonggang
Wang 1. Deji Chen 1. Diego Dujovne 1. Nicola Accettura 1. Pat Kinney 1. Patrick
Wetterwald 1. Pouria Zand 1. Qin Wang 1. Raghuram Sudhaakar 1. Rene Struik 1.
Savio Sciancalepore 1. Xavi Vilajosana 1. Sedat Gormus 1. Zhuo Chen Action
Items ------------ 1. TODO Agenda ------ * Administrivia _[2min]_
* Approval agenda
* Approval minutes last call
* update plugtest _[15min]_
* IETF92 Dallas meeting: goals, agenda _[20min]_
* architecture draft last call _[10min]_
* minimal draft wrap-up _[10min]_
* AOB _[3min]_
* _[07.05]_ Meeting starts
* minutes starts
* Pascal reminds Note Well
* Objective of the meeting: preparation for the IETF meeting
* Approval agenda
> Agenda is approved. No issues are raised.
* Approval minutes last call
> Last call minutes are approved. No issues are raised.
* _[07.08]_ update plugtest
* Thomas presents on behalf of Miguel.
* Prague ETSI plugtest
* First plugtest about the minimal draft
* 17-19 july before IETF 93 (most likely in same hotel that IETF
* group of experts*
* task to be done:
develop the test list
develop and implement the golden board and code running there
* Several milestones from now to july. objective to have everything ready
by 17th of July. Report later. * Website will be hosted by ETSI. * Needs to
register to the event. Registration opens the 27th of march, closes in June
* 2nd plugtest ? Japan or Argentina (November or March). also need to
discuss scope. * Questions are encouraged, can contact Miguel by email
* _[07.??]_ IETF92 Dallas meeting: goals, agenda
* 2 sessions. monday afternoon. unchartered items. Thursday morning,
chartered topics + security
* cutoff date next monday.
* goal is to define detnet. Gap analysis with PCE. Identify what is being
done today and see what 6tisch covers. * figure out relation to other
groups * dynamic scheduling in general. OTF * rechartering. what on that
topic might be part of the new charter * regarding chartered items session
- last call for tsch and architecture
- discuss about what to do for header compression in minimal
* The detnet hour will cover OTF and then discussion about centralized
approaches. * Use cases and requirements for tracks. *
* 10min per draft in the chartered session 2.5h
* 6top is core and needs to be complete.
* second part, security and status from the security design team. Also
ideas for rechartering * ACTION: WG Chairs to Contact meetecho for remote
* _[07.27]_ architecture draft last call
the draft will be generated in volumes
* the new security text in the architecture draft is not final. It still do not
have the consensus from the security team. * needs feedback for that part. *
will be published on Monday. * Rene: Changing 2 words on the section solves the
issue (referring to suggested disposition of Jonathan Simon's comments on the
architecture draft, which according to oral info on phone call, is to the
commenter's satisfaction). * TW: Can this be resolved in the ML? * Rene:
commented that there was low activity level on the ML
* No proposal submitted by everybody on how to improve PSK problems.
* Discuss of how the overall architecture of the overall joining process should
be. * According to Rene. There is no technical justification about the comments
made to Rene´s proposal. * Rene: the text in Section 13 was what was provided
by the 6TiSCH Security design team, with unanimous consensus by those who
participated on the 6tisch security calls in January. For feedback on comments
made on Section 13 of the architecture, please see the detailed technical
rationale for disposition (this is not position-based arguing, simply comment
disposition based on technical arguments). * PT: I was asking to Rene to
describe how ISA100 works during a year. * TW: the idea of the next IETF
meeting is to charter security. * Rene: does not support the removal of the
section proposed by Rene in the architecture . _[07.??]_ minimal draft wrap-up
* Security in minimal: what to say
* there will be a network wide network key.
* The join process is only for autonomic and scalable network bootstrapping.
* all the nodes have the same key or we have 2 keys? one for the beacon and
one for the data. * how the keys get there is out of scope. * in a network
we use 1 key for beacon and another for data * key for data and different
key for data. data is authenticated. *
* _[07.??]_ AOB
> OTF question about the use of shared cells on reservation. T
* it seems a confusion with soft cells.
* move to the ML and at the WG meeting.
* No 6tisch call next time. INformal calls to synchronize slides.
USe case prepared for the track case.
* _[08.13]_ Meeting ends