Minutes for NETMOD at interim-2015-netmod-3
||Minutes for NETMOD at interim-2015-netmod-3
NETCONF Data Modeling Language WG (netmod)
12th YANG 1.1 Virtual Interim
Wednesday, February 4th, 2015, 16:00-17:00 CET
Minutes Juergen Schoenwaelder
JS = Juergen Schoenwaelder
LL = Lada Lhotka
BL = Balazs Lengyel
MB = Martin Bjoerklund
IB = Ignas Bagdonas
KW = Kent Watsen
SH = Susan Hares
Charter: Mar 2015 - Submit YANG 1.1 to the IESG
IETF 92: March 22 - 27, 2015
IETF 92 I-D cutoff: 2015-03-09
Virtual meetings: 2015-02-04 (today)
2015-02-18 (focus on conformance)
- VRFY :Y09: introduce optional keys <>
-> pending action JS (verify moving to dead on mailing list>)
- VRFY :Y16: module advertisement optimization <>
-> pending action JS (verify issue resolution on mailing list)
- VRFY :Y34: remove/deprecate/replace the 'anyxml' statement
-> tons of emails due to its interaction with JSON encodings
- OPEN :Y18: fix "when" expression context problem
-> pending action MB done, ready to discuss again
- OPEN :Y25: make enum numbering purely informative and optional
-> pending verify action JS, new position Andy Bierman
- OPEN :Y26: allow mandatory nodes in augment
-> we need concrete proposals how to relax the current rules
- OPEN :Y45: better conformance mechanism <>
-> we need to schedule a meeting with just this topic, could be
2015-02-18; MB has written up an I-D, there is AB's I-D
- OPEN :Y57: non-unique leaf-list
-> ready to be discussed?
- OPEN :Y58: associate actions with a data node
-> JS to verify with NETCONF chairs that NETCONF is doing a NACM
revision, then verify again on mailing list
MB: We proposed to add a new issue (1.0 and 1.1 coexistence)
JS: Yes, but it is not yet added to the issues list.
* Y34 remove/deprecate/replace the 'anyxml' statement
JS: Solution Y34-05
Same as Y34-02 plus two guidelines adopted from Y34-04:
- For YANG 1.0 backward compatibility, allow anyxml to be used,
except implementations MAY restrict the XML; document that
anyxml is not considered interoperable.
- The guidelines document should say that YANG Doctors will review
each use of anyxml in IETF modules when YANG 1.1 is adopted to
avoid its use whenever possible
Proposal: try to run Y34-05 through the verify phase
We will move the JSON document based on YANG 1.0 forward, the plan
is to revise the JSON document once YANG 1.1 is done. LL will check
whether a new version is needed before we go to WG last call.
* Y18 fix "when" expression context problem
LL: I did send a question to the list:
MB: It may be desirable to have the same algorithm, regardless
whether the node exists or not.
MB: I think my solution works even in cases where you have
LL: But it might be possible to construct cases where it does not
work. The issue is what we do in the case with multiple
instances. The must statement does not have this problem.
MB: Perhaps we need a warning that certain expressions may not be
meaningful or interoperable.
JS: Is it possible fill out "if the when expression contains (xxx),
then the interpretation is implementation specific"?.
Action: LL and MB to work out a proposal for this corner case
* Y57 non-unique leaf-list
BL: I will revise the proposal and post an updated solution to the
* Y58 associate actions with a data node
JS to get final confirmation from NETCONF chairs, then try to close
the VRFY phase on the mailing list.