Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2016-6tisch-9
minutes-interim-2016-6tisch-9-1

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes for 6TISCH at interim-2016-6tisch-9
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2016-05-27

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2016-6tisch-9

   ## DRAFT ##

# Minutes, 27 May 2016 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details
------------------

* Date: 27 May 2016
* Time 7-8am Pacific:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2016-05-27&sln=14-15
* Webex link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=md64a0958ae4154c0553f056bf42b756a
* Webex recording:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=79bfefa910f54cd891462fbb3af9f900
    * Recording password: ZhPrruM5
* Wiki: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/160527_webex
* Slides:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/160527_webex/slides_160527_webex.ppt
Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_ -------------------------------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Pascal Thubert

Present _(alphabetically)_
--------------------------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert
1. C-Y Lee
1. Diego Dujovne
1. Francesca Palombini
1. Goran Selander
1. Jonathan Munoz
1. Keoma Brun
1. Lijo Thomas
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Maria Rita Palattella
1. Michael Richardson
1. Nicola Accettura
1. Pat Kinney
1. Qin Wang
1. Rashid Sangi
1. Seema Kumar
1. S.V.R. Anand
1. Satish Anamalamudi
1. Shalu
1. Sumankumar Panchal
1. Tengfei Chang
1. Xavier Vilajosana
1. Zhuo Chen

Action Items
------------

1. Diego: add at the end of the section on busy rc text indicating that the SF
MAY add metadata to indicate what the problem is 1. Pascal: add text in the
architecture to show the service structure in SF and 6top. Diego t reflect that
in the SF text / structure

Agenda
------

* Administrivia _[2min]_
    * Approval agenda
    * Approval minutes last call
* update security discussions _[5min]_
* 6P error code for indicating schedule/cells are locked _[20min]_
* interaction between 6top and SF _[20min]_
* AOB _[3min]_

Minutes
-------

* Administrivia _[2min]_
    * Approval agenda
    > agenda is approved. No issues raised.
    * Approval minutes last call
    > last call minutes are approved.

* update security discussions _[5min]_
    * Michael Richardson: presents slides about security.
    * the security design team has been rebooted.
    * smaller group
    * reviewing requirements and goals.
    * Evaluating the possibility to work together with COSE.
    * New call to find a weekly time to do the meetings.
    * 3 different ways where COSE can be used
        * key establishment
        * OSCOAP
        * enrollment protocol.
   * Alternative is DTLS
   * Pascal Thubert: how much of the EAP backend applies in the COSE/6tisch
   approach? * Michael Richardson: in terms of architecture it is very similar.
    EAP has the problem that does not have the discovery and ownership process.
   IEEE is considering to add ether type to run it on top of IEEE802.15.4  --
   Cannot proxy to traditional backend, EAP is end to end.

* 6P error code for indicating schedule/cells are locked _[20min]_
    * discussion about 6p error codes:
    * make transactions atomic from cell point of view
    * during concurrent transactions certain cells
    * Thomas Watteyne: presents proposed text change, indicating concurrent
    transactions can happen in which case pending cells are locked ad a busy RC
    is returned. * Diego: Addresses the problem. Qin has proposed an additional
    RC for concurrent transaction. From original point of view, this should
    solve the problem, text works. * Thomas: do we need to ad sentence for more
    precise idea indicating that metadata may be added to indicate what the
    problem is? * Diego: yes. * Thomas: OK that's an action item for Diego, and
    we'll ca * ACTION. add at the end of the section indicating that the SF MAY
    be added to indicate what the problem is?

* interaction between 6top and SF _[20min]_
    * Differentiate what is BW allocation to the cell negotiation. 2 point of
    views. * SF is not a layer but a module in 6top. * PT: this are levels of
    abstraction. * PT: Control plane layers. Particular cells, knowledge
    802.15.4: Different knowledge than upper layers. Different abstractions:
    Service abstraction calculate bandwidth. Logic boundaries to build here. * 
    Diego: we do not want to get more complexity to the SF. 2 things to do:
    keep track of cell statistics and second calculate the required bw and
    request it to 6p. Not sure if we need such layer abstraction as we are
    targeting something very simple. If a more complex SF is developed then
    this layering can be build inside the SF. (internally). *  PT: this two
    layers are there. We describe the functionality. * Add a section/intro to
    explain the presented "layering" organization of the SF. * Maria Rita: the
    lower layer is charge of updating the schedule. the upper layer is in
    charge of taking the decision.  The current version of SF mixes both
    layers. * PT: the SF is split in 2 parts. One that manages the bw in
    abstract units. The bottom layer of the SF maps the abstract units to
    actual cells and calls 6p to execute the allocation. * Qin Wang proposes to
    call them levels instead of layers. * TW: this is only referring to the
    internals of the SF0 * Organize the text in such a way in the SF that this
    con * Pat Kinney: I have problems with Layers and Levels, reusing them
    would be confusing. While you could say "sub-layer" I am not sure that is
    what is meant. * Pascal Thubert: yes Pat something like that * Diego: had a
    call with SF authors. Had a discussion about the boot behaviour of the SF. *

* AOB _[3min]_

    * IETF organization
         * 2h meeting 100 people room
         * asking for volunteers to present in this meeting.
         * 20min slots for the 3 topics (6top, security and SF)
         * 20min on the plugtest
         * 40 min for new work. Suggestions or news from other SDOs (IEEE)
         * XV: Beginning of the week?
         * PT: Ask for Mon/Tue