Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-15: Fri 07:00
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-15-201710060700-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-15: Fri 07:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2017-10-06

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-15-201710060700

   ## DRAFT ##

# Minutes, 6 October 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details
------------------

* Date: 6 October 2017  7-8am Pacific
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-10-06&sln=14-15
* Webex Meeting:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m829e5143deab3957a95b6cdb44fff299
    * Meeting number (access code): 208 468 097
    * Meeting password: B2FVVAkM (22388256 from phones)
* Material link:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/raw/master/171006_webex/slides_171006_webex.pptx

Present
-------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Diego Dujovne
1. Fabrice Theoleyre
1. Jonathan Munoz
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Michael Richardson
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis
1. Robert Barton
1. Simon Duquennoy
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Yasuyuki Tanaka

Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_
-------------------------------

1. TODO

Action Items:
------------

* Action for 6P Authors to respond IPR question.
* Thomas to send a mail asking for a pre WGLC for SFx, assessing readiness for
WGLC basically

Agenda
------

*    [07:05] Administrivia                                           [10min]
    *    Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    *    Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)
    *    Last meeting todos
*    [07:15] Starting 6P shepherding (Pascal)                        [ 5min
*    [07:20] 6P WGLC issues resolution (Xavi)                        [15min]
*    [07:35] SFx Readiness (Diego)                                   [ 5min]
*    [07:40] SF0 what's the plan? (Thomas)                           [ 5min]
*    [07:45] Fast Reroute for RPL (Pascal)                           [15min]
*    [08:00] AOB                                                     [ QS]

Minutes
-------

*    [07:05] Administrivia                                           [10min]
    *    Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    *    Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)
    *    Last meeting todos
        *  Pascal to trigger WGLC for 6P
        *  Thomas to add text in 6P revision as indicated below
        *  Agenda is approved.
        *  Last meeting minutes are approved.

*    [07:15] Starting 6P shepherding (Pascal)                        [ 5min]
    * Action for 6P Authors to respond IPR question.
    * [Pascal] sent e-mail about IPR, waiting for reply for 2 authors
    * [Pascal] reminds rules about WGLC, if beyond editorial, ML must be polled
    * [Xavi] version checking:
        * announce version numbers in payload?
        * [Pascal] the version 0 format of the VER_ERR messahe should be
        supported in all versions * [Michael] easier to have every node declare
        to root what version is supported * [Pascal] layer violation? you must
        have a common ground * [Thomas] Any device must support AF0 which
        operates on SF0        <-- did I get that right? conclusion: the
        format of the return msg for VER_ERR is always version 0. (in case of
        version mismatch) state that versions do not need to be contained one
        in the next one. They can be different and disjoint *
*    [07:20] 6P WGLC issues resolution (Xavi)                        [15min]
    * Discussion about timeouts.  "This protocol is not standalone"

*    [07:35] SFx Readiness (Diego)                                       [ 5min]
    * decide in 2 weeks if we can do WGLC for SFx
    * ACTION: to send to the ML a call for review.
*    [07:40] SF0 what's the plan? (Thomas)                          [ 5min]
    * no update there  yet
*    [07:45] Fast Reroute for RPL (Pascal)                           [15min]
    * pascal presents Fast Reroute algorithm.
     *

*    [08:00] AOB                                                               
    [ QS]
    * PAN ID compression
        * poipoi