Minutes interim-2017-lpwan-05: Wed 16:00
minutes-interim-2017-lpwan-05-201706211600-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks (lpwan) WG
Title Minutes interim-2017-lpwan-05: Wed 16:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2017-06-21

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2017-lpwan-05-201706211600

   
Connection details
------------------

*    Date: 7-8am US Pacific, 4pm CEST:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-05-24&sln=14-15
*    Webex Recording:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=46a78f38f3d742d189c8cbbf0a542e25
        password: CgDYNwC7
*    Meeting number (access code): 203 453 401
*    Meeting password: chicalors
    o 24422567 from phones

Connection details
------------------

*        Date: 7-8am US Pacific, 4pm CEST:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-06-21&sln=14-15

    o 24422567 from phones

Agenda
------

*        [7:05]Administrivia                                             [10min]
    o        Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    o        Approval minutes from last meeting
    o        Review previous interim todos
    o        Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)

*        [7:15] LPWAN Overview  (Steve)                                  [ 5min]
*        [7:20] SCHC Fragmentation (Carles)                              [10min]
*        [7:30] SCHC IP/UDP Compression (Laurent, Ana)                   [10min]
*        [7:40] SCHC CoAP (Laurent)                                      [10min]
*        [7:50] New items (Ana)                                          [10min]
*        [8:00] AOB                                                      [ 0min]

Action Items
------------
* Dominique Barthel and Diego Dujovne to review the Fragmentation part of SCHC
by IETF time frame *

Minute takers
-------------

*    Ana minaburo
*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Pascal Thubert

Attendees
---------
*    Alexander Pelov
*    Alper Yegin
*    Ana minaburo
*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Bob Heile
*    Pascal thubert
*    Laurent Toutain
*    Julien Catalano
*    Juan-Carlos Zuniga
*    Dominique Barthel
*    Russ Housley
*    Lorenzo Vangelista

Past Attendees (previous meetings, for cc)
---------
*    Stephen Farrell
*    Ana minaburo
*    Laurent Toutain
*    Alex Pelov
*    Julien Catalano
*    Sumankumar Panchal
*    Tomas Bolckmans
*    Carsten Bormann
*    Hannes Tschofenig
*    Carles Gomez
*    Diego Dujovne
*    Juan-Carlos Zuniga
*    Paul Duffy
*    A Paventhan
*    Friedhelm Rodermund
*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Pascal Thubert
*    Samian Kaur
*    Uday Davuluru

Minutes
-------

Connection details
------------------

*        Date: 7-8am US Pacific, 4pm CEST:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-06-21&sln=14-15
*        Webex Link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=me7f536292c568c696a054a7ff7ef0746
*        Meeting number (access code): 203 453 401 *        Meeting password:
chicalors
    o 24422567 from phones

Agenda
------

*        [7:05]Administrivia                                             [10min]
    -        Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    -        Approval minutes from last meeting
    -        Review previous interim todos
    -        Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)

    - AP: No remarks about the last minutes, that are accepted
    - LT: Can we add something about Hackthon?
    - PT: Add it if time free, and after actual agenda
    - LT: Announced in the ML.    A table has been register with Dominique:
    Opportunity to learn about SCHC, and Interoperability tests among different
    implementations - AP: Could you announce this in the ML, and put the
    detail, for the Saturday and SUnday HAckthon meeting at Prague

    AP: Alittle behind Milestone, but let's go ahead
    AP: Some modifications, to SCHC to crete a new version with fragmentation
    modifications AP: For LC we will wait until 3rd July

    - PT (said later but moved here for minutes clarity) chairs hav asked to
    move the LPWAN meeting earlier in the week to help IEEE participants

*        [7:15] LPWAN Overview  (Steve)                                  [ 5min]
*        [7:20] SCHC Fragmentation (Carles)                              [10min]

    * CG: Presents fragmentation part, only the updates since the last version
    03

    * CG: Version-04 only includes fragmentation window mode,

    * CG: Updates:

    * W bit in ACKs  Need to allow the sender to know what is being
    acknowledged (which window)

        * W bit format is after DTag and only 1 bit as shown in the slide

    * In the example the W bit is carrying the value of the window
    *Arun comments about last fragment carrying W bit
    * We correct when the birmap is not inthe ack to identify the missing
    fragments * After version-04 publication a question about the fragmentation
    headers format, in the last fragment the W bit is not present * If we put
    it this will give the same structure for all the fragments and reduce
    confusion * Another consideration: not having the W flag would give
    additional space for Rule_ID (1 bit) - but it is not clear if it is going
    to be useful * But CG propose to include the W bit also in the last
    fragment? What do we think? * LT: Is better to do not have many formats *
    PT: Solves an issue on the mailing list (ref: [lp-wan] re-order header
    field request), correct? * CG: Correct * AP: Do you think are there some
    missing parts in this fragmentation part? * CG: No for the moment, it is
    very stable, and it is important to start a review for this part * AP: will
    do areview, in order to submit the next version-05 * PT: Ask someone else
    to reviex the document, inorder to have another view, different from us. *
    PT: I think the compression part has been reviewed, so this part must be
    done or almost * DD: Has made a review for the version-03 * DB: Can make a
    review for this part * DD: When have to be done? * PT: Let's try to do it
    before the IETF (5th July) * PT: As IEEE people is coming and meeting is
    scheduled on friday, we ask to move the meeting early in the IETF week *
    PT: So around the 3rd we need to have the work done * AP: LC could be ok,
    if it is on monday after the planned interop on Sat and Sun which would
    yeild us some comments. * PT: We have until IETF to review the document *
    LV: When do you know when the dates are fixed?

*        [7:30] SCHC IP/UDP Compression (Laurent, Ana)                   [10min]

      * LT: The problem is more about something that we have never discussed
      before: After compression, we create a sequence of bits, that could not
      fit a complete byte, so the idea is to add padding to complete the last
      byte, but we can have 2 options:

    1. To add padding after the compressed header
    2. To add padding at the end of the packet after data
    * LT: I prefer to added just after the compressed header, and before the
    data. IS this problem clear? * LT: We need to add a setence in the SCHC
    compression part that this padding needs to be added after header
    compression * PT: Any signal to indicate the padding in the rule? LT:
    implciit. * LT: We added to Github to be published on version-05

*        [7:40] SCHC CoAP (Laurent)                                      [10min]
    * LT: We are waiting for comments for the ML and WG
    * PT: Let's try to look for reviewers to give some comments to this draft
    * PT: dependency about OSCOAP..?
    * LT: No idea about it.

*        [7:50] New items (Ana)                                          [10min]
    AM: New items from the mailing list: ICMP compression (Diego is working on
    it) AM: add it in the milestones? AP: We will have time after the last call
    AM: SCHC over foo (the various LPWAN technologies that we consider) could
    be a good next item AM: security part is also important: interaction with
    OSCOAP, DTLS,.. AM: Rule ID management, e.g. used only for configuration;
    give some wellknown value AM: Yang data modelling for SCHC. AP: What do you
    think about SCHC over foo.? JCZ or Alper. JCZ: it will be useful Alper Y:
    confirm the need to close the gap between the SCHC and idustry AP: reserve
    time for presentation over these ideas during the ietf meeting.

    JCZ: Thanks to take all the modifications into account to the document in
    this new version, DD: We are just finishing the ICMP draft, could we have
    time to present it? PT: If there is a draft yes, PT: Last meeting before
    IETF on July 5th

    *        [8:00] AOB                                                      [
    0min]