Minutes interim-2017-lpwan-11: Tue 17:00
minutes-interim-2017-lpwan-11-201711071700-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks (lpwan) WG
Title Minutes interim-2017-lpwan-11: Tue 17:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2017-11-09

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2017-lpwan-11-201711071700

   Connection details
------------------

*    Date: November 07, 2017
*    Time: 8-9AM DST, 17:00 CEST:
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=2988507,1816670,5391959,5128581&h=2988507&date=2017-11-07&sln=17-18
*    Webex Link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=mda0658c049908cec459a2a0be9e0039b
*    Meeting number: 208 224 943

*    Meeting password: d5bBrqTZ (35227789 from phones)
*    Join from a video conferencing system or application
*    Dial 208224943@cisco.webex.com
*    Join by phone
*    +1-866-432-9903 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
*    +1-408-525-6800 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
*    Access code: 208 224 943

Agenda
------

*    [17:05] Administrivia                                           [10min]
    o    Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    o    Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)

*    [17:15] Preparation for IETF 100                                [30min]
*    [17:45] Fragmentation comments (Carles)                         [10min]
*    [17:55] AOB                                                     [ 0min]

Minute takers
-------------

*    Ana Minaburo
*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Alexander Pelov
*    Dominique Barthel
*    Julien Catalano

Attendees
---------

*    Alex Pelov
*    Ana minaburo
*    Dominique Barthel
*    Laurent Toutain
*    Carles Gomez
*    Ivaylo Petrov
*    Juan-Carlos Zuniga
*    Julien Catalano
*    Orne Brocaar
*    Pascal Thubert
*    Vijay Gharge
*    Orne Brocaar
*    Paventhan Arumugam
*    Paul Duffy

Past Attendees (previous meetings, for cc)
---------

*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Laurent Toutain
*    Vincent Audebert
*    Uday Davuluru
*    Tomas Lagos
*    Arumugam Paventhan
*    Jack Kozak
*    Juan Carlos Zuniga
*    Sergio López
*    Diego Dujovne
*    ? Mark Nowel -no audio-
*    Stephen Farrell
*    Ana minaburo
*    Laurent Toutain
*    Alex Pelov
*    Diego Dujovne
*    Julien Catalano
*    Sumankumar Panchal
*    Tomas Bolckmans
*    Carsten Bormann
*    Hannes Tschofenig
*    Carles Gomez
*    Diego Dujovne
*    Juan-Carlos Zuniga
*    Paul Duffy
*    A Paventhan
*    Friedhelm Rodermund
*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Pascal Thubert
*    Samian Kaur
*    Uday Davuluru
*    Alexander Pelov
*    Alper Yegin
*    Ana minaburo
*    Arunprabhu Kandasamy
*    Bob Heile
*    Pascal thubert
*    Laurent Toutain
*    Julien Catalano
*    Juan-Carlos Zuniga
*    Dominique Barthel
*    Russ Housley
*    Lorenzo Vangelista

Agenda
------

*    [17:00] Administrivia                                           [10min]
    o    Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    o    Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)

*    [17:10] LPWAN Overview - WGLC status and updates                [ 5min]
*    [17:15] Fragmentation comments (Carles)                         [10min]
*    [17:25] Update on SCHC fragmentation (Ana)                      [30min]
*    [17:55] AOB                                                     [ 0min]

Action Items from last time
----------------------------

* Shepherd review of LPWAN Overview
* Organize a side meeting on fragmentation

Minutes
-------

*    [17:05] Administrivia                                           [10min]
    o    Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    o    Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)

Alex: Reads Note well for IETF meetings. The meeting is recorded and minutes
are taken

Alex: Meeting to prepare the IETF meeting next week.
Alex: Minutes for last meeting have been approved
Alex: Review for the overview document that has been sent to the IESG
Alex: LT ask for a slot at core meeting
Alex: Fragmentation organisation
Alex: Time-slot at tuesday for discussion about fragmentation FSM

Pascal: Please note that I booked Hullet Room for Tuesday 14:30->17:00; we
have room for 40 people. Pascal:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/doku.php?id=100sidemeetings&#side_meeting_room_reservations

PT: Committee is made 5 or 6 people: LT, JCZ, PT, AP, DB
LT: Hackathon organized saturday and sunday. Main topic is fragmentation.
PT: Singapore Gov forbids importing radio equipments.
DB : 868MHz equipment is allowed for "Radio Telemetry".
See page numbered 11 in
https://www.imda.gov.sg/~/media/imda/files/regulation%20licensing%20and%20consultations/ict%20standards/telecommunication%20standards/radio-comms/imdatssrd.pdf
LT: Hackathon is on the wiki.
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/100hackathon It should be
announced to the mailing-list. !> Action point: Register to the hackathon

*    [17:15] Preparation for IETF 100                                [30min]
AP: Monday slot, 2h30 - 9:30 to 12:00, the agenda is busy
AP: Review the status of the drafts, incoming work with 3 new drafts and ETSI
presentation AP: IPv6 SCHC and fragmentation will be finalized and make a last
call AP: Rechartering and the next work to be done in the next month, if you
have new ideas PT: Benoit Ponsard to talk about ETSI and different
technologies, LTN and Sigfox, to see what ETSI does. Allow to point out some
open documents PT: When we re-charter I hope we do not need brand names AP:
Aware of other works in other WG as "suit" dealing with firmware update; CoMI
is getting a lot of attraction; YANG model for the SCHC ?concept/context? PT:
not sure who is going to present, PT will send the skeletton to have the same
format and then have the slide for tomorrow, and the person who will present
during the meeting. LT: Nothing new on CoAP work since last IETF. 10min are
enough, not sure to use them. Perhaps discussion on the CoAP traffic we want to
use. JCZ: To have more time for the fragmentation part to discussed since the
discussion on tuesday will more about the troubles on the state machine AP:
Frag discussion WG: plenary we can present the issues for tuesday and not a
large scale discussion and state the problem, have 1 or 2 solutions and then
the core of the solution will be discussed on tuesday. Short overview of the
FSM. AP: It is not an official discussion? AP: It is open for everyone, it will
be announced in the ML AP & PT: No more thing for the organisation of the
IETF meeting

*    [17:45] Fragmentation comments (Carles)                         [10min]

CG: slides for the Downlink fragmentation in ACL always. In some technologies
we need a DW to send an UPlink. Ana: What about ACK on error & ACK always?
CG: If you have no losses, you have no ACK. LT: The problem is for the last
packet lost, because there is nothing after, but I think that the device will
continue sending something after that could trigger the sending PT:We need to
discuss and agree about how this needs to be done, but the idea is to get a
general solution CG: The value of the last ACK is configurable, so we can
increase the realiability with the price of possibly longer transmission times

LT: This behavior can be tested during the hackathon

*    [17:55] AOB
AP: Anything plans for Sunday evening? Get dinner together? We try to do
something after "Welcome Reception" on Sunday? PT: Monday evening might be
better. Very busy schedule on Monday AP: Monday evening? PT: Find an organizer
=> Juan Carlos finds a place :-) AP: Thank you