Minutes interim-2018-6tisch-03: Fri 16:00
minutes-interim-2018-6tisch-03-201803021600-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes interim-2018-6tisch-03: Fri 16:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2018-03-02

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2018-6tisch-03-201803021600

   # Agenda, 2 March 2018 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Connection details
------------------

* Date: March 2nd, 2018  7-8am Pacific
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2018-03-02&sln=14-15
* Material link: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/180302_webex/
* Meeting link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m26a052c1fa38de0d29a17b7228b2b9f2
    * Meeting number (access code): 204 172 595
    * Meeting password: fcqY7cPj (32797275 from phones)

Present
-------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Diego Dujovne
1. Emilio Garbano
1. Fabrice Theoleyre
1. Jonathan Munoz
1. Lotte Steenbrink
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Michael Richardson
1. Mitsuru Kanda
1. Qin Wang
1. Rodrigo Teles
1. Simon Duquennoy
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Yasuyuki Tanaka
1. Yichao Jin

Taking notes
------------

1. Xavi Vilajosana (during meeting)
1. Thomas Watteyne (after meeting, cleaning up and publishing)

For IETF 101
------------

* we need to have a technical discussion about ASF
* fragmentation DT discussion will happen at 6lo, not sure for how long
(waiting for input from 6lo chairs) * a priori no remote presentations, all
authors will in London

Action Items
------------

* authors to published revisions by cut-off
* Pascal to make sure draft-thubert-6lo-fragment-recovery appears as updating
draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments in the datatracker * Thomas to move
draft-chang-6tisch-msf to "Candidate for WG adoption"

Agenda
------

* admin [5min]
* IETF 101 prep [50min]
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-sfx
    * draft-chang-6tisch-msf
    * draft-duquennoy-6tisch-asf
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology
    * draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
    * draft-watteyne-6lo-minimal-fragment
    * draft-thubert-6lo-fragment-recovery
    * draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update
    * 6tisch-roll-join-priority
    * draft-papadopoulos-6tisch-pre-reqs
    * draft-richardson-6tisch-minimal-rekey
    * draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon is replacement for 
    draft-richardson-6tisch-join-enhanced-beacon *
    draft-richardson-6tisch-roll-enrollment-priority   is really for ROLL WG.
* Any Other Business [5min]

Minutes
-------

* [07:04] meeting starts
* [07:05] admin
    * let's discuss strategy for London meeting
    * No issues raised for last call minutes
    * Agenda approved
    * Monday night is cut-off date
    * Remote presentation is possible. This has to be asked to Pascal/Thomas
    * goal of the WG meeting is to discuss issues with the drafts, not to
    present the draft
* [07:08] draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
    * almost ready to publish v10 addressing Brian, Alex and Lotte comments.
    * Answers will also be sent to the ML responding their concerns.
    * [Qin] Nicola made some comments on ML, but look like proposal, no a review
    * Action item: Xavi to go through Nicola's comments and provide responses
    to Lotte and Nicola; Xavi also to publish before the cut-off.
* [07:14] draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security
    * looking for a 10min presentation in London.
    * new mechanism and normative reference
    * added a parameter to the join request message that carries the Network ID.
    * This enables the JRC to manage multiple networks.
    * will ask for WGLC in London
* [07:20] draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-sfx
    * push it to WG last call as experimental.
    * 2 editorial issues that need to be fixed before WGLC.
    * FiX the TODOs in the document.
    * publish -01 by cutoff date. Present the draft in London.
    * need 5 min
* [07:21] draft-chang-6tisch-msf
    * received review from Yatch
    * -01 published today
    * Older review from Municio also incorporated
    * Ask for adoption in London. Call for adoption period
    * switch it to candidate for WG adoption now
    * fixed errors and minor changed
    * need 5-10 min
* [07:25] draft-duquennoy-6tisch-asf
    * -01 published today
    * introduces several changes.
    * creates a simple schedule based on the mac address of the neighbors
    * the new draft defines how configurations are disseminated in the network
    * adds support for traffic bursts by supporting dynamic cell addition
    * the hash function has been made configurable, before was only SAX
    * [Thomas] we need a discussion in London about whether this is a
    standalone SF, or these are components that can be added to other SFs. *
    15min time for discussion.
* [07:25] draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology
    * updated the terminology.
    * new definitions from minimal security
    * some editorial work.
    * 10 seconds in London? list it only in the agenda and comment about it in
    the introduction. * [Pascal] discuss if we need to find an editor to
    replace Maria Rita?
* [07:30] draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
    * new work, already one review from Thomas
    * maybe -01 that can be published during IETF 101
    * 5min maybe, not a long time
* [07:35] draft-watteyne-6lo-minimal-fragment
    * presented at 6lo
    * need to coordinate with Carsten draft on lwig
    * 4 comments from Yatch: the main one is ordering of the fragments/packets.
    it is unclear in the draft. In some text its assuming that the fragments
    are in order, but it can be out of order. * it is happening in different
    WGs, 6lo, lwig, etc.
* [07:41] draft-thubert-6lo-fragment-recovery
    * replaces fragment forwarding
    * need to update the tools. Then forwarding fragments is replaced by this
    one. * simulation fragment forwarding. Results will be presented at the
    IETF.
* [07:45] draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update
    * this draft passed last call and is in the IESG. There are several
    comments. * field in the ARO option URI64. It was used to recognize a
    device coming back to the registration. * the scope of the field has
    changed. * 6CIO, option in RFC7400 is a bitmap of flags where you indicate
    capabilities. * Should we deprecate EUI64 in the ARO option for a node to
    register? Use IP-ND instead as it uses crypto and provides better security.
    * will be presented at 6lo.
* [07:53] 6tisch-roll-join-priority and
draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon is replacement for 
draft-richardson-6tisch-join-enhanced-beacon
    * [Michael] needs to be discuss at 6tisch. Is ROLL who has to provide
    inputs to what has to be inserted in the EBs.
* [07:55] draft-richardson-6tisch-minimal-rekey
    * put it in the side for now.
    * we might need something from minimal security.
    * will let it expire.
* [07:55] draft-papadopoulos-6tisch-pre-reqs
    * no entry in the agenda for it. Unless we have 10min at the end
    * to generate interest and get people to participate
* [08:00] draft-richardson-6tisch-roll-enrollment-priority is really for ROLL
WG. * [08:00] summary (Thomas)
    * organize a side meeting to discuss, there are rooms available.(Codelounge
    area, https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/101codelounge). * coding
    is also permitted there * Malisa, side meeting on F-Interop platform, with
    OSCORE implementers to get minimal-security related implementation. For
    implementors of OSCOAP, and minimal-security.
* [08:06] meeting ends