Minutes interim-2018-6tisch-05: Fri 07:00
minutes-interim-2018-6tisch-05-201806150700-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes interim-2018-6tisch-05: Fri 07:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2018-06-17

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2018-6tisch-05-201806150700

   # Agenda, 15 June 2018 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Connection details
------------------

* Date: June 15th, 2018  7-8am Pacific
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2018-06-15&sln=14-15
* Material link: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/180615_webex/
* Meeting link:
https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m675ea8c787b6bba94ab8426479766f21
    * (access code): 207 924 678
    * Meeting password: txDMpnMT (89367668 from phones)

Action items
------------

* **Thomas** to proof-read draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
* **Xavi** to coordinate publication of draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
* **Chairs** to coordinate with CORE chairs about definition of CoAP option
* **Tengfei** to coordinate publication of draft-chang-6tisch-msf
* **Chairs** to open 2-week WGLC for draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security
* **Thomas** to aswer WGLC e-mail indicating dependency on OSCORE -13
* **Chairs** to coordinate with OSCORE document editors about publication of
that doc * **Xavi** to coordinate publication of
draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime * **Thomas** to coordinate with Carsten
about moving on with those drafts * **Chairs** to call for WG adoption of
draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon on the ML

Present
-------

1. Diego Dujovne
1. Dominique Barthel
1. Fabrice Theoleyre
1. Georgios Papadopoulos
1. Jonathan Munoz
1. Lotte Steenbrink
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Michael Richardson
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Simon Duquennoy
1. Tengfei Chang
1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Yasuyuki Tanaka
1. Yichao Jin

Taking notes
------------

1. Xavi Vilajosana (during meeting)
1. Thomas Watteyne (after meeting, cleaning up and publishing)

Agenda
------

* IETF 102 update [5min]
* Drafts status (6P, etc) vs. charter / milestones [10min]
* Minimal Security WGLC launch [10min]
* Zerotouch join : changes and relation with
draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher [10min] * Enhanced Beacon
document: status and adoption discussion [10min] * F-Interop plugtets update
[5min]

Minutes
-------

* [07:05]  Admin
    * Last call minutes and agenda are approved.
    * Agenda for 6tisch (preliminary) to be published today.
    * Goal is to agree what is the plan for the next IETF meeting.
* [07:05]  IETF 102 update [5min]
   * Chairs remind of deadlines
* [07:10] Drafts status (6P, etc) vs. charter / milestones [10min]
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
        * Xavi: very close
        > Action item: **Thomas** to proof-read
        draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
         * Xavi: comments addressed
        > Action item: **Xavi** to coordinate publication of
        draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol
         * Xavi: overall consistency to be rechecked and then the doc can be
         published
        > Action item: **Chairs** to coordinate with CORE chairs about
        definition of CoAP option
    * draft-chang-6tisch-msf
        * MSF, Yatch send dome comments to the ML. Needs more clarifications
        * Simon has a first draft of the integration with ASF.
        * The plan is to have it ready by the cutoff date. Will be version 02.
        > Action item: **Tengfei** to coordinate publication of
        draft-chang-6tisch-msf
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security
        * Malisa, done, but some references to (unpublished) OSCORE document,
        which has been delayed > Action item: **Chairs** to open 2-week WGLC
        for draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security * OSCORE draft 13 is not
        published yet but minimal security draft refers to its content. >
        Action item: **Thomas** to aswer WGLC e-mail indicating dependency on
        OSCORE -13 * The v13 of OSCORE is in the CORE's github.
        https://github.com/core-wg/oscoap > Action item: **Chairs** to
        coordinate with OSCORE document editors about publication of that doc *
        MR proposes to not close the WGLC until OSCORE V13 is published.
    * draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-sfx
        * Some more comments received
        * Diego will handle them and publish a new version of the draft by July
        2nd
    * draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
        * Malisa pointed out that minimal sec redefined some CBOR format -->
        take into account > Action item: **Xavi** to coordinate publication
        of draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime
    * draft-thubert-6lo-fragment-recovery
        * need to progress together with Carsten and TW.
        * was very stable, just removed some part that is now in
        draft-watteyne-6lo-minimal-fragment > Action item: **Thomas** to
        coordinate with Carsten about moving on with those drafts
    * draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update
        * Passed IESG Review.
        * term backbone router has been removed. Reference are now to routing
        proxy
* [07:11] Minimal Security WGLC launch [10min]
    * already done
* [07:25] Enhanced Beacon document: status and adoption discussion [10min]
    *
* [07:30] Zerotouch join : changes and relation with
draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher [10min]
    * rfc8366 voucher artifact already published
    * enrollment at ANIMA ended WGLC in 14th of June
    * the zerotouch document had parts that have been interesting to other WG
    and have been introduced in other documents. * Now what we have in the
    zerotouch is more particular to 6TiSCH. * Co-Author is needed for this
    draft. * the zerotouch requires the EB document * October Milestone still
    up to date; only thing holding progress back: last-calling during August is
    not a good idea because everyone's on vacation (and ddraft won't be ready
    for LC before that) * other drafts * enhanced beacon extension is needed
    for zerotouch > Action item: **Chairs** to call for WG adoption of
    draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon on the ML
* [07:45] F-Interop plugtests update [5min]
    * 26 and 27 june 2nd f-interop 6tisch interop event
    * Test description is already published.
    * Tengfeu: explains the testing tool. It is an online tool that can be used
    to verify that tests pass or fail. It works by uploading a pkap file to the
    tool. * plugtest will go as follows: one 16-channel sniffer in the middle
    of the room, everyone gets a unique PAN ID. run tests, upload your pcap to
    the server, server says if everything is correct or not
* [07:37] AOB
    * Yatch
        * explains the problem/confusion with the retransmission algorithm in
        15.4-2015 TSCH. * Email sent to the ML. Basically some of the text
        seems contradictory. * Also Figure 6-6 of the standard seems not
        correct.
    * Pascal
        * confusion about  MSF/SF0/SFx, etc..
        * asks whether MSF will be the only SF in the group.
        * Conclusion: SFx will be removed and Diego will join MSF as an author.
* [07:44] Meeting ends.