Minutes interim-2018-cbor-02: Wed 15:00
Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions
||Minutes interim-2018-cbor-02: Wed 15:00
CBOR WG Conference Call
Wednesday, Aug 22, 2018, 15:00 - 16:00 UTC
Chairs: Barry Leiba, Francesca Palombini
Minute takers: Barry Leiba
Carsten will leave for vacation tomorrow morning (23 Aug), back on 7 Sept.
CDDL issues mostly resolved in Carsten’s working version Thinks he’s addressed
Jeffrey’s concerns, but would like to hear from Jeffrey, who appears to be on
vacation. Addressed most of what Jim raised, but Jim sent another message 30
minutes before the call; will discuss later.
need to go through the issues in detail after Carsten’s vacation
base64 padding will need much discussion
- some want to give up on it, but that causes implementors problems
- better for us to nail that down: revisit an old in-room decision some other
issues that are less technical will need discussion
brief look at issues and pull requests on the call; most not a big deal
- canonicalization, extract into separate document
- does it make sense to do an interop test for CBOR? (Jim: would be helpful to
find corner cases) - Carsten will start a thread on the mailing list collecting
interop cases for an online test in October; will also do a Hackathon project
Back to CDDL, discussing Jim’s recent message to the list.
- Issue stops Jim from building a syntax tree.
- Discussion of options, looking at editorial changes.
- Carsten will work with Jim today on text.
- If the issue is still open after today, we can note it in the shepherd
writeup and finish dealig with it in IETF last call.
Call on 5 Sept will be cancelled unless we have something to talk about without
Carsten. Next call after that is on 19 Sept; Carsten will be on it.