Minutes interim-2018-cellar-04: Tue 20:00
Codec Encoding for LossLess Archiving and Realtime transmission
||Minutes interim-2018-cellar-04: Tue 20:00
CELLAR -- Virtual Interim Meeting
DRAFT MINUTES FOR Virtual Interim Meeting: August 28, 2018 20:00 UTC
Dave Rice (as call-in user)
Missing: Tim Terriberry
1. Note Well. https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well/
2. Draft minutes from Last meeting
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cellar/current/msg01652.html Adopted as
3. Logistics for Meeting.
2a) Etherpad for notes
2b) Roll call
4. WG status update
- milestones submitted.
- EBML not in WG last call yet.
5. Progress on EBML comments and review.
- when we can get EBML-05 posted?
- 8 issues open, 4 are "feature requests" for a future revision, 4 are
small issues with pull requests outstanding.
The Group thinks that First Come First Served should be fine for the EBML
Initial values of matroska, and webm.
"rawcooked" will be added Jérôme Martinez.
closed with small change to document.
closed, with attachment not being recurring.
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues/175 LEFT OPEN
unclear if this is an ebml issue, but this is an addition.
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues/164 LEFT OPEN
desire for a rational number format, extension. can be defined as an
#180 closed, nobody liked it.
#181 https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/pull/181 <-
consensus to go with this solution.
this should be a new document, JSON/XML/etc. translation of EBML.
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues/48 CLOSED in
6. EBML IANA Considerations, REDUX.
- Link to IANA considerations thread -
- EBML Header has TLV Element with Document Type. ElementID=xxx.
- EBML Header Document Type needs a registry for Document Types: what is the
amending - EBML header ElementIDs should have an update rule that says IETF
Standards Action to update, (and version must be > 1).
(was discussed above)
1) updated ebml document for week of August 27, with updated IANA
considerations for all additions.
(ElementName, and DocType Registry)
2) ffv1 to be worked upon in September..
3) work on Matroska document for September meeting.
7. Any other Business.