Minutes interim-2018-cellar-05: Tue 20:00
Codec Encoding for LossLess Archiving and Realtime transmission
||Minutes interim-2018-cellar-05: Tue 20:00
CELLAR -- DRAFT minutes for Virtual Interim Meeting
September 25, 2018 20:00 UTC
Meeting number: 313 505 170
Meeting password: dq64cWsm
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
1. Michael Richardson
2. Dave Rice
3. Jerome Martinez
4. Michael Niedermayer
5. Moritz Bunkus
6. Steve Lhomme
7. Martin Below (4:50pm)
1. Note Well.
2. Draft minutes from Last meeting
- accepted as written.
3. Logistics for Meeting.
2a) Etherpad for notes
2b) Roll call
4. WG status update
- EBML to be placed into 2-week WGLC upon posting of -07 version.
Dave Rice to post -07 version. Done.
- work on Matroska and FFV1 issues
- FFV1 some work resumed in September, some pull requests. still
have a few issues still open.
- 4..5 identified issues. 3 for v1, 2 for v4.
- believe that resolution is soon, and pull requests are good.
- Dave Rice will post new document once 126 is merged. This has
- question from co-chair: why are "WEBM" issues in this document?
- tags: "clarification" highest priority.
- tag: codec mapping, mixed bag of priorities
- tag: format addition, lowest priority.
- codec mapping into it's own document?
- one document per codec: avc, hevc, vp9, opus, ac3, dts, (srt), (ssa),
aac, (mp3), - "WebM" encryption elements are in still on common, but WebM
was a fork of Matroska.
Want to reserve ElementIds that are used in WebM to be reserved in
Matroska. These values should be reserved in Matroska.
re: #154, also in pull request #256, and also in an ITU document.
- can be closed?
re: #56, close it? leave it? lack of memory of what the issue was.
Closed. re: #43 closed as duplicate of ebml issue.
re: #242, related to pull request #100, taken by Moritz.
re: #234, move Control Track definitions to an appendix (Steve)
7. Any other Business.
- IANA considerations for reserved values.
--> WebM encryption values will need a longer discussion.