Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2018-iesg-13 2018-06-21 14:00
minutes-interim-2018-iesg-13-201806211400-00

Meeting Minutes Internet Engineering Steering Group (iesg) IETF
Date and time 2018-06-21 14:00
Title Minutes interim-2018-iesg-13 2018-06-21 14:00
State (None)
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2024-02-23

minutes-interim-2018-iesg-13-201806211400-00
INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the June 21, 2018 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Cindy Morgan, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES 
--------------------------------- 
Ignas Bagdonas (Equinix) /  Operations and Management Area
Deborah Brungard (AT&T) / Routing Area
Ben Campbell (Oracle) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Alissa Cooper (Cisco) / IETF Chair, General Area
Michelle Cotton (ICANN) / IANA Liaison 
Spencer Dawkins (Wonder Hamster Internetworking) / Transport Area
Liz Flynn (AMS) / IETF Secretariat, Narrative Scribe
Ted Hardie (Google) / IAB Chair
Benjamin Kaduk (Akamai Technologies) / Security Area
Suresh Krishnan (Kaloom) / Internet Area
Mirja Kuehlewind (ETH Zurich) / Transport Area
Warren Kumari (Google) / Operations and Management Area
Terry Manderson (ICANN) / Internet Area
Alexey Melnikov / Applications and Real-Time Area
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Eric Rescorla (Mozilla) / Security Area
Alvaro Retana (Huawei) / Routing Area
Adam Roach (Mozilla) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Alice Russo (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison 
Jeff Tantsura (Nuage Networks) / IAB Liaison
Amy Vezza (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Martin Vigoureux (Nokia) / Routing Area

REGRETS 
---------------------------------
Heather Flanagan / RFC Series Editor
Sandy Ginoza (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison 
Portia Wenze-Danley (ISOC) / Interim IAD

OBSERVERS
--------------------------------- 
Greg Wood

MINUTES 
--------------------------------- 
1. Administrivia 
1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the June 7, 2018 Teleconference were approved. The 
Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

The narrative minutes of the June 7, 2018 Teleconference were approved. 
The Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

1.2 Documents Approved since the June 7, 2018 IESG Teleconference 
1.2.1 Protocol Actions
  o draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-52  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts-21  (Proposed Standard)
    
1.2.2 Document Actions
  NONE

1.3 Review of Action Items

DONE:
  o Alexey Melnikov to find designated experts for RFC 6143 [IANA 
    #1113496].
  o Alexey Melnikov to find a designated expert for RFC-ietf-core-senml 
    [IANA #1112601].
  o Adam Roach to designate a new team leader from current URN 
    Namespaces expert pool [IANA #1113095].
  o Alexey Melnikov to find designated experts for RFC-ietf-extra-
    specialuse-important [IANA #1114238]
  o Benjamin Kaduk to find designated experts for RFC 4681 [IANA 
    #1112792] 

IN PROGRESS:
  o Benjamin Kaduk to find an additional designated expert for the AEAD  
    Parameters registry.
  o Alexey Melnikov to find a designated expert for RFC 8323 [IANA 
    #1108770].
  o Eric Rescorla to find designated experts for RFC-ietf-oauth-
    discovery [IANA #1113497].
  o Alexey Melnikov to find designated experts for RFC-ietf-uta-smtp-
    tlsrpt [IANA #1113903].

NEW:
  NONE

2. Protocol actions
2.1 WG submissions
2.1.1 New items 
  o draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5750-bis-06  - IETF stream
    Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/ MIME) Version 4.0
    Certificate Handling (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 8
    Token: Eric Rescorla

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Eric Rescorla. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

  o draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop-13  - IETF stream
    Segment Routing interworking with LDP (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 8
    Token: Alvaro Retana

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Benjamin Kaduk.*

  o draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-25  - IETF stream
    Segment Routing Prefix SID extensions for BGP (Proposed Standard) - 
    3 of 8
    Token: Alvaro Retana

The document was approved by the IESG pending a new revision. The 
Secretariat will send a working group submission Protocol Action 
Announcement once Alvaro Retana confirms that the announcement is ready 
to be sent.

  o draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-06  - IETF stream
    RTP Payload Format for VC-2 HQ Profile Video (Proposed Standard) - 4 
    of 8
    Token: Ben Campbell

The document was approved by the IESG pending a new revision. The 
Secretariat will send a working group submission Protocol Action 
Announcement once Ben Campbell confirms that the announcement is ready 
to be sent.

  o draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12  - IETF stream
    Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 8
    Token: Ben Campbell

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Adam Roach.*

  o draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-yang-11  - IETF stream
    Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) Data Model (Proposed
    Standard) - 6 of 8
    Token: Spencer Dawkins

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Ignas Bagdonas and Adam Roach.*

  o draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-06  - IETF stream
    Use of Ethernet Control Word RECOMMENDED (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 
    8
    Token: Deborah Brungard

Ignas Bagdonas formally recused himself from the discussion. The 
document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Deborah Brungard. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

  o draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-crypto-13  - IETF stream
    A new cryptographic signature method for DKIM (Proposed Standard) - 
    8 of 8
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Alexey Melnikov. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

2.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.2 Individual submissions
2.2.1 New items
  NONE

2.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.3 Status changes
2.3.1 New items
  o status-change-change-ipp-to-internet-standard-00  - IETF stream
    Internet Printing Protocol/1.1 to Internet Standard (None) - 1 of 1
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

The IESG agreed to change the status of RFC 8010 and RFC 8011 from 
Proposed Standard to Internet Standard. The Secretariat will send 
Protocol Action Announcements.

2.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3. Document actions
3.1 WG submissions
3.1.1 New items
    
  o draft-ietf-teas-actn-info-model-09  - IETF stream
    Information Model for Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN)
    (Informational) - 1 of 4
    Token: Deborah Brungard

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Deborah Brungard. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Document Action Announcement.

  o draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy-05  - IETF stream
    Padding Policy for EDNS(0) (Experimental) - 2 of 4
    Token: Terry Manderson

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Eric Rescorla.*

  o draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-09  - IETF stream
    Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC) (Informational) - 3 of 
    4
    Token: Martin Vigoureux

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Benjamin Kaduk.*

  o draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-05  - IETF stream
    IPv6, IPv4 and Coexistence Updates for IPPM's Active Metric
    Framework (Informational) - 4 of 4
    Token: Spencer Dawkins

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Suresh Krishnan.*

3.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.2 Individual submissions via AD
3.2.1 New items
  NONE

3.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.3 Status changes
3.3.1 New items
  o status-change-change-sender-id-to-historic-00  - IETF stream
    Moving RFC 4405, RFC 4406, RFC 4407 (Sender-ID) to Historic (None) - 
    1 of 1
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was deferred to the next teleconference (July 5, 2018) 
by Alexey Melnikov.

3.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.4 IRTF and Independent Submission stream documents
3.4.1 New items
  o conflict-review-song-yeti-testbed-experience-00
    IETF conflict review for draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience
      draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-08
      Yeti DNS Testbed (ISE: Informational) - 1 of 3
    Token: Terry Manderson

The document was deferred to the next teleconference (July 5, 2018) 
by Terry Manderson.

  o conflict-review-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-00
    IETF conflict review for draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences
      draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-11
      Observations on RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and
    Lossy Networks (ISE: Informational) - 2 of 3
    Token: Alvaro Retana

The IESG recommends that the RFC Editor does not publish this document. 
The Secretariat will send a "do not publish" message to the RFC
Independent Submissions Editor that includes a conflict review response 
prepared by Alvaro Retana.

  o conflict-review-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters-00
    IETF conflict review for
    draft-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters
      draft-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters-02
      Storing validation parameters in PKCS#8 (ISE: Informational) - 3 
      of 3
    Token: Eric Rescorla

The IESG recommends that the RFC Editor does not publish this document. 
The Secretariat will send a "do not publish" message to the RFC
Independent Submissions Editor that includes a conflict review response 
prepared by Eric Rescorla.

3.4.2 Returning items
  NONE

4. Working Group actions
4.1 WG creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF review
  NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for approval
  NONE

4.2 WG rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF review
  NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for approval
  NONE

5. IAB news we can use

6. Management issues
   6.1 [IANA #1113496] Designated expert for RFC 6143 (Alexey Melnikov)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved John Levine
<johnl@taugh.com> as a primary designated expert for RFC 6143.

   6.2 [IANA #1113497] Designated experts for RFC-ietf-oauth-discovery 
       (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. An action item to find designated 
experts for RFC-ietf-oauth-discovery was assigned to Eric Rescorla prior 
to the start of the teleconference.

   6.3 [IANA #1113095] Designating new team leader from current URN
       Namespaces expert pool (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Peter Saint-Andre 
<stpeter@mozilla.com> as the new team leader for the URN Namespaces 
expert pool.

   6.4 Change of Change Controller for port 631 (service "ipp") (Alexey 
       Melnikov)

The management issue was discussed. Michelle Cotton will reach out to 
the current change controller for port 631. The Secretariat will put 
this item back on the agenda for the next teleconference (July 5, 2018).

   6.5 [IANA #1113903] Designated experts for RFC-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt 
       (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. An action item to find designated 
experts for RFC-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt was assigned to Alexey Melnikov 
prior to the start of the teleconference.

   6.6 Proposed Telechat Dates between IETF 102 and IETF 103 (IESG 
       Secretary)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the telechat dates 
between IETF 102 and IETF 103.

   6.7 [IANA #1112792] Designated experts for RFC 4681 (Amanda Baber / 
       IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Yoav Nir 
<ynir.ietf@gmail.com>, Rich Salz <rsalz@akamai.com>, and Nick Sullivan 
<nick@cloudflare.com> as the designated experts for RFC 4681 [IANA 
#1112792].

   6.8 [IANA #1114238] Designated experts for RFC-ietf-extra-specialuse-
       important (Amanda Baber / IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Barry Leiba 
<barryleiba@computer.org> and Bron Gondwana <brong@fastmailteam.com> as 
the designated experts for RFC-ietf-extra-specialuse-important [IANA 
#1114238].

   6.9 [IANA #1112387] Management Item: Correction in the tsig-
       algorithm-names registry (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved correcting the 
error in the tsig-algorithm-names registry [IANA #1112387].

   6.10 IETF 102 Agenda Conflicts (Liz Flynn)

The management issue was discussed.

   6.11 Proposed Designated Expert for "SenML Units" and "SenML Labels" 
       registries (Alexey Melnikov)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Ari Keränen 
<ari.keranen@ericsson.com> as the designated expert for RFC-ietf-core-
senml [IANA #1112601].

   6.12 IESG approval of .well-known allocation from draft-ietf-uta-mta-
       sts (Alexey Melnikov)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the 
allocation .well-known from draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts.


7. Any Other Business (WG News, New Proposals, etc.)


-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the Datatracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/) 
for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.