Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2018-iesg-22 2018-10-25 14:00
minutes-interim-2018-iesg-22-201810251400-00

Meeting Minutes Internet Engineering Steering Group (iesg) IETF
Date and time 2018-10-25 14:00
Title Minutes interim-2018-iesg-22 2018-10-25 14:00
State (None)
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2024-02-23

minutes-interim-2018-iesg-22-201810251400-00
INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the October 25, 2018 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Cindy Morgan, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES 
--------------------------------- 
Ignas Bagdonas (Equinix) /  Operations and Management Area
Deborah Brungard (AT&T) / Routing Area
Ben Campbell (Oracle) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Alissa Cooper (Cisco) / IETF Chair, General Area
Michelle Cotton (ICANN) / IANA Liaison 
Spencer Dawkins (Wonder Hamster Internetworking) / Transport Area
Liz Flynn (AMS) / IETF Secretariat, Narrative Scribe
Sandy Ginoza (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison 
Ted Hardie (Google) / IAB Chair
Benjamin Kaduk (Akamai Technologies) / Security Area
Suresh Krishnan (Kaloom) / Internet Area
Mirja Kuehlewind (ETH Zurich) / Transport Area
Warren Kumari (Google) / Operations and Management Area
Alexey Melnikov / Applications and Real-Time Area
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Eric Rescorla (Mozilla) / Security Area
Alvaro Retana (Huawei) / Routing Area
Adam Roach (Mozilla) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Jeff Tantsura (Nuage Networks) / IAB Liaison
Amy Vezza (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Martin Vigoureux (Nokia) / Routing Area

REGRETS 
---------------------------------
Heather Flanagan / RFC Series Editor
Terry Manderson (ICANN) / Internet Area
Portia Wenze-Danley (ISOC) / Interim LLC Executive Director

OBSERVERS
--------------------------------- 
Stuart Brandt
Greg Wood

MINUTES 
--------------------------------- 
1. Administrivia 
1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the October 11, 2018 Teleconference were approved. The 
Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

The narrative minutes of the October 11, 2018 Teleconference were 
approved. The Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

1.2 Documents Approved since the October 11, 2018 IESG Teleconference 
1.2.1 Protocol Actions
  o draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd-25  (Proposed Standard)

1.2.2 Document Actions
  NONE
    
1.3 Review of Action Items

DONE:
  NONE

IN PROGRESS:
  o Eric Rescorla to find designated experts for RFC 8411 [IANA 
    #1120853].
  o Eric Rescorla to find designated experts for RFC 6509 
    (mikey-payloads) [IANA #1121057].
  o Eric Rescorla to find designated experts for RFC 6043
    (mikey-payloads) [IANA #1121239].
  o Eric Rescorla to find designated experts for RFC 6267
    (mikey-payloads) [IANA #1121240].
  o Eric Rescorla to find designated experts for RFC 6309
    (mikey-payloads) [IANA #1121241].

NEW:
  NONE

2. Protocol actions
2.1 WG submissions
2.1.1 New items 
  o draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa-08  - IETF stream
    LFA selection for Multi-Homed Prefixes (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 10
    Token: Martin Vigoureux

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Martin Vigoureux. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

  o draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-12  - IETF stream
    Explicit Tracking with Wild Card Routes in Multicast VPN (Proposed
    Standard) - 2 of 10
    Token: Martin Vigoureux

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Benjamin Kaduk, Suresh Krishnan, Mirja Kuehlewind.*

  o draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-08  - IETF stream
    OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement (Proposed
    Standard) - 3 of 10
    Token: Alvaro Retana

The document was approved by the IESG pending a new revision. The 
Secretariat will send a working group submission Protocol Action 
Announcement once Alvaro Retana confirms that the announcement is ready 
to be sent.

  o draft-ietf-regext-org-11  - IETF stream
    Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Organization Mapping
    (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 10
    Token: Adam Roach

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Eric Rescorla.*

  o draft-ietf-regext-org-ext-09  - IETF stream
    Organization Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol
    (EPP) (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 10
    Token: Adam Roach

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Benjamin Kaduk.*

  o draft-ietf-teas-assoc-corouted-bidir-frr-06  - IETF stream
    Updates to the Fast Reroute Procedures for Co-routed Associated
    Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs) (Proposed Standard) - 6 of
    10
    Token: Deborah Brungard

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Deborah Brungard. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

  o draft-ietf-core-too-many-reqs-05  - IETF stream
    Too Many Requests Response Code for the Constrained Application
    Protocol (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 10
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Alexey Melnikov. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

  o draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-26  - IETF stream
    Session Description Protocol (SDP) Format for Binary Floor Control
    Protocol (BFCP) Streams (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 10
    Token: Adam Roach

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Ben Campbell and Eric Rescorla.*

  o draft-ietf-ccamp-mw-yang-10  - IETF stream
    A YANG Data Model for Microwave Radio Link (Proposed Standard) - 9 
    of 10
    Token: Deborah Brungard

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Benjamin Kaduk.*

  o draft-ietf-extra-imap-replace-02  - IETF stream
    IMAP REPLACE Extension (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 10
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Alexey Melnikov. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

2.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.2 Individual submissions
2.2.1 New items    
  o draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime-04  - IETF stream
    Securing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Messaging with
    S/MIME (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

Ben Campbell formally recused himself from the discussion. The document 
remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve points raised 
by Eric Rescorla.*

  o draft-murchison-tzdist-tzif-15  - IETF stream
    The Time Zone Information Format (TZif) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
    Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Alexey Melnikov. The Secretariat will send an individual 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

2.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.3 Status changes
2.3.1 New items
  NONE

2.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3. Document actions
3.1 WG submissions
3.1.1 New items   
  o draft-ietf-anima-reference-model-08  - IETF stream
    A Reference Model for Autonomic Networking (Informational) - 1 of 2
    Token: Ignas Bagdonas

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Benjamin Kaduk.*

  o draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-19  - IETF stream
    Deterministic Networking Use Cases (Informational) - 2 of 2
    Token: Deborah Brungard

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Deborah Brungard. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Document Action Announcement.

3.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.2 Individual submissions via AD
3.2.1 New items
  NONE

3.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.3 Status changes
3.3.1 New items
  NONE

3.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.4 IRTF and Independent Submission stream documents
3.4.1 New items
  o conflict-review-filsfils-spring-large-scale-interconnect-00
    IETF conflict review for
    draft-filsfils-spring-large-scale-interconnect
      draft-filsfils-spring-large-scale-interconnect-12
      Interconnecting Millions Of Endpoints With Segment Routing (ISE:
    Informational) - 1 of 1
    Token: Martin Vigoureux

The IESG has no problem with the RFC Editor publishing this document.
The Secretariat will send a standard "no problem" message to the RFC
Independent Submissions Editor that includes a conflict review response 
prepared by Martin Vigoureux.

3.4.2 Returning items
  NONE

4. Working Group actions
4.1 WG creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF review
  NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for approval
  o CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (cose) - 1 of 1
    Area: SEC (Eric Rescorla)

The IESG approved the charter for the new working group pending 
the conclusion of external review and a final check of the charter to be 
prepared by Eric Rescorla. The Secretariat will send a WG Action announcement.

4.2 WG rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF review
  o Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange (mile) - 1 of 2
    Area: SEC (Alexey Melnikov)

The charter remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve 
points raised by Alissa Cooper.* 

  o Registration Protocols Extensions (regext) - 2 of 2
    Area: ART (Adam Roach)

The IESG approved the updated charter for the working group. The 
Secretariat will send a WG Action: RECHARTER announcement.

4.2.2 Proposed for approval
  NONE

5. IAB news we can use

6. Management issues
6.1 IESG agenda at IETF 103 (Alissa Cooper)

The management issue was discussed. 

7. Any Other Business (WG News, New Proposals, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the Datatracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/) 
for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.