Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2021-cose-03: Wed 15:00

Meeting Minutes CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (cose) WG
Date and time 2021-04-14 15:00
Title Minutes interim-2021-cose-03: Wed 15:00
State Active
Other versions markdown
Last updated 2021-05-25


COSE Virtual Interim

Connection details


  • Ivaylo Petrov, Google
  • Mike Jones, Microsoft
  • Peter Yee, AKAYLA
  • Göran Selander, Ericsson
  • John Preuß Mattsson, Ericsson
  • Carsten Bormann, TZI
  • Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works
  • Rikard Höglund, RISE
  • Thomas Fossati Arm
  • Scott Rose
  • Uri Blumementhal
  • Oliver Fed Borchert

Action Items

  • [Russ/chairs]: countersign: add to the updates 8152bis and 8152.
  • [John]: Look at the PR for x509
  • [Ivaylo]: Check the open issues for x509 doc.


0. Administrivia (Chairs)

  • Bluesheets
  • Jabber + Minutes
  • Agenda Bartering

Mike Jones is taking notes

1. Document Status (Chairs)

We completed the rechartering

In RFC Editor queue

In RFC Editor queue

In RFC Editor queue

Consensus (via Shepherd report) that document should Updates RFC8152 and

2. Certificates CBOR encoding

github at:

Now that we've rechartered, we can adopt this document, pending working group

John Mattson presented about CBOR Certificates

Issue #84 - Should a tag be defined?
A tag was recently added to the draft

Michael Richardson prefers the CBOR Sequence mechanism
Carsten: +1
This means that we would use draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic
Uri Blumenthal supported this position
Michael Richardson will create a PR doing this

Issue #68 - Using same encodings for CRLs

Michael Richardson said that CSRs are more important than CRLs

Uri talked about the disconnected case

Göran asked what would go into this draft and what would go into a separate

There was a discussion on using IETF-standard mechanisms versus proprietary

3. ~~IANA registrations policies~~

4. AOB

We will schedule the next interim meetings for 1/2 hour later than this one to
avoid a conflict with core interim meetings.