Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2023-iesg-06 2023-03-02 15:00
minutes-interim-2023-iesg-06-202303021500-00

Meeting Minutes Internet Engineering Steering Group (iesg) IETF
Date and time 2023-03-02 15:00
Title Minutes interim-2023-iesg-06 2023-03-02 15:00
State (None)
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2024-02-23

minutes-interim-2023-iesg-06-202303021500-00
INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the March 02, 2023 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Jenny Bui, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES
---------------------------------
Andrew Alston (Liquid Intelligent Technologies) /  Routing Area
Jenny Bui (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Jay Daley / IETF Executive Director
Roman Danyliw (CERT/SEI) / Security Area
Martin Duke (Google) / Transport Area
Lars Eggert (NetApp) / IETF Chair, General Area
Liz Flynn (AMS) / IETF Secretariat, Narrative Scribe
Sandy Ginoza (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison 
Jim Guichard (Futurewei Technologies) / Incoming Routing Area
Erik Kline (Aalyria Technologies) / Internet Area
Murray Kucherawy (Facebook) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Mirja Kuehlewind (Ericsson) / IAB Chair
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Francesca Palombini (Ericsson) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Alvaro Retana (Futurewei Technologies) / Routing Area
John Scudder (Juniper) / Routing Area
Sabrina Tanamal (ICANN) / IANA Liaison
Amy Vezza (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Eric Vyncke (Cisco) / Internet Area
Paul Wouters (Aiven) /  Security Area
Qin Wu (Huawei) / IAB Liaison

REGRETS
---------------------------------
Warren Kumari (Google) / Operations and Management Area
Zaheduzzaman (Zahed) Sarker (Ericsson) / Transport Area
Robert Wilton (Cisco Systems) / Operations and Management Area

OBSERVERS
---------------------------------
Oooonduke
Jason Hall
Lee-Berkeley Shaw
Greg Wood
 
MINUTES
---------------------------------
1. Administrivia
1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the February 16, 2023 Teleconference were approved. The 
Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

The narrative minutes of the February 16, 2023 Teleconference were
approved. The Secretariat will place the minutes in the public 
archives.

1.2 Documents Approved since the February 16, 2023 IESG Teleconference

1.2.1 Protocol Actions
o draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub-15  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-16  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-catalog-zones-09  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-jmap-quotas-12  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-lamps-lightweight-cmp-profile-21  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-srv6-ext-14  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-acme-authority-token-tnauthlist-13  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-acme-authority-token-09  (Proposed Standard)

1.2.2 Document Actions
o draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-24  (Informational)

1.3 Review of Action Items    

DONE:
o Lars Eggert, Warren Kumari, Éric Vyncke, and Rob Wilton to discuss 
  whether to reconstruct the document approval announcements to be more 
  meaningful.
 
IN PROGRESS:
o Roman Danyliw to find designated experts for RFC 9347, ESP 
  AGGFRAG_PAYLOAD registry [IANA #1265971].
o John Scudder to find designated experts for draft-ietf-lsr-flex-
  algo-25 (IGP Flexible Algorithm) [IANA #1266560].
o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC 7462 (URNs for 
  the Alert-Info  Header Field of the Session Initiation Protocol 
  [SIP])[IANA #1266696].
o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC-ietf-jmap-blob-18 
  (JMAP Blob management extension) [IANA #1267309].

ON HOLD:
o Robert Wilton, Alvaro Retana, and Warren Kumari to report back to the 
  IESG on the impact of COVID-19 to the IETF in March 2023.
o Éric Vyncke to draft a proposal for the tools team to auto-populate 
  the approval announcement text in the "ballot text" section (document 
  abstract, responsible AD, document shepherd).
  
NEW:
 NONE
 
2. Protocol actions
2.1 WG submissions
2.1.1 New items
    
  o draft-ietf-pim-null-register-packing-15  - IETF stream
    PIM Null-Register packing (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Alvaro Retana
 
The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Murray Kucherawy and Robert Wilton.*

  o draft-ietf-opsawg-tlstm-update-13  - IETF stream
    Updates to the TLS Transport Model for SNMP (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Robert Wilton

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Paul Wouters.*

2.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.2 Individual submissions
2.2.1 New items
  NONE

2.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.3 Status changes
2.3.1 New items
  NONE

2.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3. Document actions
3.1 WG submissions
3.1.1 New items
    
  o draft-ietf-acme-integrations-13  - IETF stream
    ACME Integrations for Device Certificate Enrollment (Informational)
    Token: Roman Danyliw

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by John Scudder.*

  o draft-ietf-tsvwg-dscp-considerations-12  - IETF stream
    Considerations for Assigning a new Recommended DiffServ Codepoint
    (DSCP) (Informational)
    Token: Martin Duke

The document was approved by the IESG pending a new revision. The 
Secretariat will send a working group submission Document Action 
Announcement once Martin Duke confirms that the announcement is ready 
to be sent.

3.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.2 Individual submissions via AD
3.2.1 New items
  NONE

3.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.3 Status changes
3.3.1 New items
  NONE

3.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.4 IRTF and Independent Submission stream documents
3.4.1 New items

  o conflict-review-irtf-cfrg-voprf-00
    IETF conflict review for draft-irtf-cfrg-voprf
      draft-irtf-cfrg-voprf-21
      Oblivious Pseudorandom Functions (OPRFs) using Prime-Order Groups
    (IRTF: Informational)
    Token: Roman Danyliw

The IESG has no problem with the IRTF publishing this document. The
Secretariat will send a standard "no problem" message to the IRSG that
includes a conflict review response prepared by Roman Danyliw.

3.4.2 Returning items
  NONE

4. Working Group actions
4.1 WG creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF review
  NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for approval

  o Computing-Aware Networking (can)
    Area: RTG (John Scudder)

The IESG approved the charter for the new working group using the name 
Computing-Aware Traffic Steering (cats). The Secretariat will send a WG 
Action announcement. 

  o RADIUS EXTensions (radext)
    Area: OPS (Paul Wouters)

The IESG approved the charter for the new working group pending
confirmation from Paul Wouters about what Area the WG will be under.
The Secretariat will send a WG Action announcement.

4.2 WG rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF review

  o IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks (lpwan)
    AREA: INT (Eric Vyncke)

The IESG approved the updated charter for the working group pending 
edits to the text of the charter to be provided by Eric Vyncke. The 
Secretariat will send a WG Action announcement.

4.2.2 Proposed for approval
  NONE

5. IAB news we can use

6. Management issues

6.1 [IANA #1266696] Designated experts for RFC 7462 (URNs for the 
   Alert-Info Header Field of the Session Initiation Protocol [SIP]) 
   (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. An action item to find designated 
experts for RFC 7462 (URNs for the Alert-Info Header Field of the 
Session Initiation Protocol [SIP]) was assigned to Murray Kucherawy 
prior to the  start of the teleconference.

6.2 [IANA #1266337] renewing early allocations for draft-ietf-pce-
   segment-routing-policy-cp (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved renewing the 
early allocations for draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-policy-cp.

6.3 Proposed Telechat Dates Between IETF 116 and IETF 117 (Secretariat)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the proposed
telechat dates between IETF 116 and IETF 117.

6.4 IANA #1267309] Designated experts for RFC-ietf-jmap-blob-18 (JMAP 
   Blob management extension) (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. An action item to find designated 
experts for RFC-ietf-jmap-blob-18 (JMAP Blob management extension) was 
assigned to Murray Kucherawy prior to the start of the teleconference.

6.5 IESG Lore for New Area Directors Slide Deck (Secretariat)

The management issue was discussed.

6.6 Designated Experts for the new rfc7752bis registries (Alvaro 
   Retana)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Adrian Farrel 
<adrian@olddog.co.uk> and Hannes Gredler <hannes@gredler.at> as the 
designated experts for RFC 7752bis registries.

6.7 Designated Experts for the new registry in draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub 
   (Alvaro Retana)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Dino Farinacci 
<farinacci@gmail.com> and Albert Cabellos <alberto.cabellos@upc.edu> as 
the designated experts for draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub.

6.8 Executive Session: Confirmation of IAB-selected ISOC Board of 
   Trustees candidate

The management issue was discussed in an Executive Session. The IESG
confirmed the ISOC Board of Trustees candidate selected by the IAB.

7. Any Other Business (WG News, New Proposals, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the Datatracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/)
for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.