Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2024-iesg-01 2024-01-04 15:00
minutes-interim-2024-iesg-01-202401041500-00

Meeting Minutes Internet Engineering Steering Group (iesg) IETF
Date and time 2024-01-04 15:00
Title Minutes interim-2024-iesg-01 2024-01-04 15:00
State (None)
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2024-02-23

minutes-interim-2024-iesg-01-202401041500-00
INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the January 4, 2024 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Liz Flynn, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES
---------------------------------
Andrew Alston (Liquid Intelligent Technologies) /  Routing Area
Jenny Bui (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Roman Danyliw (CERT/SEI) / Security Area
Dhruv Dhody (Huawei) / IAB Liaison
Martin Duke (Google) / Transport Area
Lars Eggert (Mozilla) / IETF Chair, General Area
Liz Flynn (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Sandy Ginoza (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison 
Jim Guichard (Futurewei Technologies) / Routing Area
Mahesh Jethanandani (Arrcus) / Incoming Operations and Management Area
Erik Kline (Aalyria Technologies) / Internet Area
Murray Kucherawy (Meta) / Applications and Real-Time Area 
John Scudder (Juniper) / Routing Area
Orie Steele (Transmute) / Incoming Applications and Real-Time Area
Sabrina Tanamal (ICANN) / IANA Liaison
Gunter Van de Velde (Nokia) / Incoming Routing Area
Éric Vyncke (Cisco) / Internet Area
Robert Wilton (Cisco Systems) / Operations and Management Area
Paul Wouters (Aiven) /  Security Area


REGRETS
---------------------------------
Jay Daley / IETF Executive Director 
Mirja Kuehlewind (Ericsson) / IAB Chair
Warren Kumari (Google) / Operations and Management Area
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Francesca Palombini (Ericsson) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Zaheduzzaman (Zahed) Sarker (Nokia) / Transport Area


OBSERVERS
---------------------------------
Deb Cooley
David Millman
Greg Wood


MINUTES
---------------------------------



1. Administrivia
1.1 Approval of the minutes of past telechats

The minutes of the December 14, 2023 Teleconference were approved. 
The Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

The narrative minutes of the December 14, 2023 Teleconference were approved. 
The Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

1.2 Documents Approved since the December 14, 2023 IESG Teleconference
1.2.1 Protocol Actions

  o draft-ietf-rats-eat-24  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-ippm-stamp-on-lag-06  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-sidrops-rfc6482bis-09  (Proposed Standard)

1.2.2. Document Actions

NONE

1.3 Review of Action Items

IN PROGRESS:

     o Roman Danyliw to find designated experts for RFC 9447, ACME 
       Authority Token Challenge Types" [IANA #1281679].

     o Robert Wilton to find designated experts for RFC 9487 (Export of 
       Segment Routing over IPv6 Information in IP Flow Information Export 
       (IPFIX))[IANA #1287238].

     o Robert Wilton to find designated experts for RFC 9456 (Updates to 
       the TLS Transport Model for SNMP)[IANA #1287239].

     o Roman Danyliw to find designated experts for RFC 9493 (Subject 
       Identifiers for Security Event Tokens)

     o Warren Kumari to follow up on a bis document for RFC 8126 regarding 
       designated experts.

     o Andrew Alston to email the RSWG regarding document authorship/
       editorship with regards to the number of authors listed.

     o Lars Eggert and Warren Kumari to 1) draft a revision of RFC 4858, 
       2) draft a revised IESG Statement on Document Shepherds (original 
       statement October 2010), and 3) update the WG Chairs wiki to point 
       to the new IESG Statement.

     o Francesca Palombini to review and merge updates to the wiki page 
       "Getting a Document on the Agenda."


2. Protocol actions
2.1 WG submissions
2.1.1 New items

 o draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-oam-14  - IETF stream
   Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) for Deterministic
   Networks (DetNet) with MPLS Data Plane (Proposed Standard)
   Token: John Scudder

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to 
resolve points raised by Roman Danyliw, Martin Duke, and Lars 
Eggert.*


 o draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-16  - IETF stream
   IP Fragmentation Avoidance in DNS (Best Current Practice)
   Token: Warren Kumari
 
The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to 
resolve points raised by Martin Duke and Murray Kucherawy.*


 o draft-ietf-rtgwg-vrrp-rfc5798bis-17  - IETF stream
   Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) Version 3 for IPv4 and
   IPv6 (Proposed Standard)
   Token: Jim Guichard

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by Jim Guichard. The Secretariat will send a working 
group submission Protocol Action Announcement.


 o draft-ietf-pce-pceps-tls13-03  - IETF stream
   Updates for PCEPS: TLS Connection Establishment Restrictions
   (Proposed Standard)
   Token: John Scudder

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by John Scudder. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Protocol Action Announcement.



2.1.2 Returning items

 NONE

2.2 Individual submissions
2.2.1 New items

 NONE

2.2.2 Returning items

 NONE

2.3 Status changes
2.3.1 New items

 o status-change-gost-dnssec-to-historic-03  - IETF stream
   Change the status of GOST Signature Algorithms in DNSSEC in the
   IETF stream to Historic (None)
   Token: Warren Kumari

The status change remains under discussion by the IESG in order to 
resolve points raised by Roman Danyliw and Éric Vyncke.*


2.3.2 Returning items

 NONE

3. Document actions
3.1 WG submissions
3.1.1 New items

 o draft-ietf-detnet-oam-framework-10  - IETF stream
   Framework of Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) for
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet) (Informational)
   Token: John Scudder

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be 
completed by John Scudder. The Secretariat will send a working group 
submission Document Action Announcement.


 o draft-ietf-lsr-isis-area-proxy-10  - IETF stream
   Area Proxy for IS-IS (Experimental)
   Token: John Scudder

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Roman Danyliw and Paul Wouters.*


 o draft-ietf-detnet-pof-08  - IETF stream
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet): Packet Ordering Function
   (Informational)
   Token: Roman Danyliw

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Martin Duke.*


3.1.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.2 Individual submissions via AD
3.2.1 New items

 NONE

3.2.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.3 Status changes
3.3.1 New items

 NONE

3.3.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.4 IRTF and Independent Submission stream documents
3.4.1 New items

 NONE

3.4.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.4.3 For action

 o conflict-review-spinosa-urn-lex-00
   IETF conflict review for draft-spinosa-urn-lex
     draft-spinosa-urn-lex-21
     A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Sources of Law (LEX)
   (ISE: Informational)
   Token: Lars Eggert

The conflict review was assigned to Murray Kucherawy for RFC 5742 review.


 o conflict-review-farinacci-lisp-lispers-net-nat-00
   IETF conflict review for draft-farinacci-lisp-lispers-net-nat
     draft-farinacci-lisp-lispers-net-nat-07
     lispers.net LISP NAT-Traversal Implementation Report (ISE:
   Informational)
   Token: Lars Eggert

The conflict review was assigned to Éric Vyncke for RFC 5742 review.


4. Working Group actions
4.1 WG creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF review

 NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for approval

 o Network Management Operations (nmop)

The charter remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve 
points raised by Murray Kucherawy, Robert Wilton, and Roman Danyliw.*  


4.2 WG rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF review

 o Messaging Layer Security (mls)

The IESG decided to proceed with IETF review of the revised charter 
pending edits to the text of the charter to be provided by Paul 
Wouters. The Secretariat will send a WG Review announcement, with a 
separate message to new-work@ietf.org. The Secretariat will place the 
WG on the agenda for the next IESG Teleconference.


4.2.2 Proposed for approval

 o Locator/ID Separation Protocol (lisp)

The charter remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve 
points raised by Martin Duke and Roman Danyliw.*  


5. IAB news we can use

6. Management issues

 NONE

7. Any Other Business (WG News, New Proposals, etc.)


-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the Datatracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/) 
for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.