Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2024-iesg-09: Thu 14:00
minutes-interim-2024-iesg-09-202404181400-00

Meeting Minutes Internet Engineering Steering Group (iesg) IETF
Date and time 2024-04-18 14:00
Title Minutes interim-2024-iesg-09: Thu 14:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2024-05-02

minutes-interim-2024-iesg-09-202404181400-00
INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the April 18, 2024 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Liz Flynn, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES
---------------------------------
Jenny Bui (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Deb Cooley / Security Area
Roman Danyliw (CERT/SEI) / IETF Chair, General Area
Liz Flynn (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Sandy Ginoza (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison
Jim Guichard (Futurewei Technologies) / Routing Area
Mahesh Jethanandani (Arrcus) / Operations and Management Area
Erik Kline (Aalyria Technologies) / Internet Area
Murray Kucherawy (Meta) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Francesca Palombini (Ericsson) / Web and Internet Transport Area
Zaheduzzaman (Zahed) Sarker (Nokia) / Web and Internet Transport Area
David Schinazi (Google) / IAB Liaison
John Scudder (Juniper) / Routing Area
Orie Steele (Transmute) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Sabrina Tanamal (ICANN) / IANA Liaison
Gunter Van de Velde (Nokia) / Routing Area
Éric Vyncke (Cisco) / Internet Area
Paul Wouters (Aiven) /  Security Area

REGRETS
---------------------------------
Jay Daley / IETF Executive Director
Warren Kumari (Google) / Operations and Management Area
Tommy Pauly (Apple) / IAB Chair

OBSERVERS
---------------------------------
Greg Wood
Moheen

MINUTES
---------------------------------

1. Administrivia
1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the April 4, 2024 Teleconference were approved. The
Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

The narrative minutes of the April 4, 2024 Teleconference were
approved. The Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

1.2 Documents approved since the April 4, 2024 IESG Teleconference

1.2.1 Protocol Actions

  o draft-ietf-extra-imap-inprogress-06  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-emu-aka-pfs-12  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang-26  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-25  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-sframe-enc-09  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-jmap-sieve-22  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-lamps-norevavail-04  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-cose-typ-header-parameter-05  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-extra-imap-list-metadata-05  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-dnssd-update-lease-08  (Proposed Standard)
  o draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-25  (Proposed Standard)

1.2.2 Document Actions

  o draft-ietf-6man-sids-06  (Informational)
  o draft-ietf-lsr-dynamic-flooding-18  (Experimental)
  o draft-zern-webp-15  (Informational)
  o draft-ietf-extra-imap-uidonly-08  (Experimental)
  o draft-ietf-v6ops-dhcp-pd-per-device-08  (Informational)

1.3 Review of Action Items

DONE:

     o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC 9422 (SMTP Server
       Limits) [IANA #1358457].

     o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC 9535 (JSONPath:
       Query Expressions for JSON)[IANA #1359744].

     o Éric Vyncke to find designated experts for RFC 9508 (Information-
       Centric Networking (ICN) Ping Protocol Specification) [IANA
       #1361078]

IN PROGRESS:

     o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC 9530 (Digest
       Fields) [IANA #1359278].

     o Orie Steele to find designated experts for RFC-ietf-calext-jscontact-16
       (JSContact Properties)[IANA #1361734].

     o Orie Steele to find designated experts for RFC 9536 (Registration
       Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Reverse Search) [IANA #1363176].

     o Roman Danyliw and Warren Kumari to 1) draft a revision of RFC 4858,
       2) draft a revised IESG Statement on Document Shepherds (original
       statement October 2010), and 3) update the WG Chairs wiki to point
       to the new IESG Statement.

     o Jay Daley, Dhruv Dhody, Éric Vyncke, Orie Steele, Mahesh
       Jethanandani, Gunter Van de Velde to form a design team to gather
       community feedback about meeting in China.

     o Francesca Palombini to come up with a v2 proposal for trying
       ALLDISPATCH again at IETF 120.

     o Paul Wouters to open up an issue with the Tools Team asking for
       IANA to be notified about document state changes.

NEW:

     o Paul Wouters to write a proposal for handling IANA review mailing lists.

2. Protocol actions
2.1 WG submissions
2.1.1 New items

 o draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-auth-announce-09  - IETF stream
   Announcing Supported Authentication Methods in IKEv2 (Proposed
   Standard)
   Token: Roman Danyliw

The document was approved by the IESG pending a new revision. The
Secretariat will send a working group submission Protocol Action
Announcement once Roman Danyliw confirms that the announcement is ready to be
sent.

 o draft-ietf-rtgwg-segment-routing-ti-lfa-13  - IETF stream
   Topology Independent Fast Reroute using Segment Routing (Proposed
   Standard)
   Token: Jim Guichard

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by John Scudder and Gunter Van de Velde.*

 o draft-ietf-sidrops-cms-signing-time-07  - IETF stream
   On the use of the CMS signing-time attribute in RPKI Signed Objects
   (Proposed Standard)
   Token: Warren Kumari

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be
completed by Warren Kumari. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

 o draft-ietf-jmap-sharing-09  - IETF stream
   JMAP Sharing (Proposed Standard)
   Token: Murray Kucherawy

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be
completed by Murray Kucherawy. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

 o draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5019bis-08  - IETF stream
   Updates to Lightweight OCSP Profile for High Volume Environments
   (Proposed Standard)
   Token: Roman Danyliw

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Paul Wouters.*

2.1.2 Returning items

 o draft-ietf-mediaman-toplevel-05  - IETF stream
   Guidelines for the Definition of New Top-Level Media Types (Best
   Current Practice)
   Token: Murray Kucherawy

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be
completed by Murray Kucherawy. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

 o draft-ietf-taps-interface-26  - IETF stream
   An Abstract Application Layer Interface to Transport Services
   (Proposed Standard)
   Token: Zaheduzzaman Sarker

The document was approved by the IESG pending a final check to be
completed by Zaheduzzaman Sarker. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement.

2.2 Individual submissions
2.2.1 New items

 NONE

2.2.2 Returning items

 NONE

2.3 Status changes
2.3.1 New items

 NONE

2.3.2 Returning items

 NONE

3. Document actions
3.1 WG submissions
3.1.1 New items

 NONE

3.1.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.2 Individual submissions via AD
3.2.1 New items

 NONE

3.2.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.3 Status changes
3.3.1 New items

 NONE

3.3.2 Returning items

 NONE

3.4 IRTF and Independent Submission stream documents
3.4.1 New items

 NONE

3.4.2 Returning items

 NONE

4. Working Group actions
4.1 WG creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF review

 o Secure Patterns for Internet CrEdentials (spice)

The IESG approved the draft WG charter for IETF review pending final checks to
the text of the charter to be provided by Paul Wouters. The Secretariat will
send a WG Review announcement, with a separate message to
new-work@ietf.org. The Secretariat will place the WG on the agenda
for the next IESG Teleconference after the conclusion of external review.

 o Mail Maintenance (mailmaint)

The IESG approved the draft WG charter for IETF review pending final checks to
the text of the charter to be provided by Murray Kucherawy. The Secretariat
will send a WG Review announcement, with a separate message to
new-work@ietf.org. The Secretariat will place the WG on the agenda
for the next IESG Teleconference after the conclusion of external review.

4.1.2 Proposed for approval

 NONE

4.2 WG rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF review

 NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for approval

 NONE

5. IAB news we can use

6. Management issues

6.1 [IANA #1358457] Designated experts for SMTP Server Limits registry (RFC
9422) (Murray Kucherawy)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved John Klensin
(john-ietf@jck.com) as the primary designated expert for the SMTP Server Limits
registry (RFC 9422), with Murray Kucherawy (superuser@gmail.com) as the backup
expert.

6.2 [IANA #1359744] Designated experts for [RFC 9535 (JSONPath: Query
Expressions for JSON)] (Murray Kucherawy)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Glyn
Normington <glyn.normington@gmail.com> as the designated
expert for RFC 9535.

6.3 Additional Designated Expert for OAUTH Registries (Paul Wouters)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Mike Jones
<michael_b_jones@hotmail.com> as an additional designated expert for these
OAUTH registries:

OAuth Access Token Types
OAuth Authorization Endpoint Response Types
OAuth Extensions Error Registry
OAuth Parameters
OAuth Token Type Hints
OAuth URI

6.4 [IANA #1360711] renewing early allocations for draft-ietf-pce-multipath
(IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved renewing the early
allocations for draft-ietf-pce-multipath.

6.5 approving Important Dates for IETF 122 (Liz)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Important Dates
for IETF 122.

6.6 [IANA #1362761] renewing early allocations for draft-ietf-6man-comp-rtg-hdr

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved renewing the early
allocations for draft-ietf-6man-comp-rtg-hdr.

6.7 [IANA #1362759] renewing early allocations for
draft-ietf-idr-segment-routing-te-policy

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved renewing the early
allocations for draft-ietf-idr-segment-routing-te-policy.

6.8 Approving designated experts for RFC 9508 (Information-
Centric Networking (ICN) Ping Protocol Specification) [IANA
#1361078] (Éric Vyncke)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Hitoshi Asaeda
<asaeda@ieee.org> and David R. Oran <daveoran@orandom.net> as the designated
experts for RFC 9508.

6.9 [IANA #1363176] Designated experts for RFC 9536 (Registration Data Access
Protocol (RDAP) Reverse Search) (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. An action item was assigned to Orie Steele.

6.10 Add IANA experts to IDNA Derived Properties registry (Francesca Palombini)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved Takahiro Nemoto
<nemo@go.tuat.ac.jp> and Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> as
designated experts for the IDNA Derived Properties registry.

6.11 Review Mailing Lists

The management issue was discussed.
Action item: Paul Wouters will write a proposal for handling
IANA review mailing lists.

6.12 Executive Session

The management issue was discussed. The IESG discussed designated
experts in an executive session.

7. Any Other Business (WG News, New Proposals, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the Datatracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/)
for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.