Last Call Review of draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-07
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20130208
IETF LC End Date: 20130226
IESG Telechat date: unknown
Summary: Almost Ready
Major issues: None
- section 2 is not enough accurate, for instance:
* the critical [k1:k2] notation is introduced after its first use, IMHO
it is the primary one, i.e., [n] is a short hand for [0:n]
* the largest power of two must be strictly smaller, not just smaller.
Without this critical detail recursion rules don't work for n = 2^m
Unfortunately there is no wikipedia or equivalent web page where to refer to
so the document is the place where all gory details have to be...
- the Maximum Merge Delay (MMD) is an important parameter but I can't find
where is the way users get its value, nor any recommendation for it.
- 1 page 4: CA is not a well known abbrev so please introduce it
- 1 page 4: it is a general mechanism but what are its constraints at
the exception of the intended usage. For instance is the mechanism
applicable to any end entity public key certificate? or larger??
- 1 page 5: misbehaviours -> misbehaviors
(and 3.3 page 16, and others too)
- 1 page 5: e.g. -> e.g.,
- 2.1.1 page 6: i.e. -> i.e.,
- 2.1.1 page 7 and 2.1.2 page 8: the wording "the length (k2 - k1) list"
is IMHO a bit uncommon even I can understand it.
- 2.1.4 page 10: using a key of at least 2048 bits. ->
using a public key of at least 2048 bits. (or a modulus as it is for RSA?)
- 3 pages 13, 14, etc: what is the language used for ASN.1? It is not
ASN.1 itself, nor C?
- 3.1 page 12: accomodate -> accommodate
- 3.1 page 13: parenthesis around 65535 are not necessary (i.e, they
are insipid and stupid :-)
- 3.1 page 13: submmited -> submitted
- 3.2 page 14: opaque TBSCertificate<1..2^16-1> add final ';'
- 4.6 page 22: honour -> honor
- 4.6 page 22: convering -> covering?
BTW if the document creates new OID perhaps they should be put in an annex?
Francis.Dupont at fdupont.fr
PS: I noted there are still some LC comments in the ML.