From Last time!
- Managed Attachments - final status
- Ken will do
- Need to lock down poll
- Mike! (Ken can help with)
- VALARM Extensions
- Draft written by Cyrus Daboo
- Main one we want to keep is acknowledgement - Apple, Thunderbird support
- Probably Ken? (currently co-author)
- Considering removing Apple’s “default alarms” hack.
- Avoid server putting defaults back on!
- Proximity alarm (Apple already using)
- If close to supermarket, fire an alarm!
- Specify if you want an alarm, and how important the event is for you.
- Is it really important for me to get to this event?
- Spend time in TC-CALENDAR debating if we want to change behaviour?
- SECOND DRAFT
- ALARM AGENT → client/server.
- Related events →
- alarm tied to multiple events?
- X-travel-time? Client side will decide when to notify, not server
side at all with Android - Proprietary API anyway.
- Subscription Upgrade
- Smart updates to an ICS feed
- Conditional request with a prefer header.
- Adds “Status DELETED”.
- OPTIONS → can specify what’s available.
- Is “eTag” being used? Need to use weak eTag.
- Does it support pagination? NO!
- A header that says “still more changes”.
- A way to say “there’s been a change” → aka push.
- Author: Mike - individual submission (rev 3)
- Ask HTTPBIS to look at it.
- CalDAV Sharing →
- what Apple has already implemented
- is 3 drafts
- DAV Notifications
- DAV sharing
- CALDAV sharing
- Author: Evert wrote originally (Ken to write?)
- MAY WANT TO STANDARDISE Per-USER write capability
- DAV namespace
- Go via Dispatch?
- Per user notes on a vcard?
- TODO: organizer, owner, etc in the caldav part.
- Cyrus Daboo originated
- Reduce client/server chatter.
- Describes how to use it with RFC PATCH method.
- ENHANCED CalDAV sync
- Plz send patches
- Top level:
- Do you have anything new in calendar home.
- Existing collection on the homeset
- Use Depth: infinity
- “supported report set”
- “error status for un-traversable children”
- Effort to reduce size of recurring events with a bunch of overrides.
- Suggestion: Punt these three in favour of JSCalendar.
- Informational draft → or DEVGUIDE. List all the resources a developer needs
for a caldav client/server.
- Evert’s website.
- MIKE: Series draft
- related events → recurring event going on forever
- Proposed a replacement → series.
- Master event, all instances are independent events with their own UID and
a related-to to show that they are joined together. - try implementing
- NEEDS TESTING
- There’s a spec already!
- (SRULE) draft-douglass-series
- ICalendar Series
- Mike to do
- Fairly complete
- Needs implementation experience
- Blocking events → other calendars know stuff that server can use but
client may not know. - (implementation: alarm? bot?)
- ICal Relations
- Has already gone through Calext.
- ICALENDAR:2.0+ → no point, JSCalendar is basically that
- cal-resource-vcard + vcard-*
- takes existing systems and maps them to vcard
- important to get back to
- Mike! (is the last one standing)
- feed in ISO work with names and addresses
- feed into JSContact work
- makes sense!
- still valuable, clients can just add it at the time they add the new
features - Mike! and Ken… - any other volunteers?
- came out of Apple and Sam
- Mike again!
- early days!
- Adrian from DHL
- Need to find out status