Skip to main content

2012-10-29: Agenda of the IETF/IEEE 802 Coordination Meeting

Meeting Slides IETF-IEEE (ietfieee) IAB ASG
Title 2012-10-29: Agenda of the IETF/IEEE 802 Coordination Meeting
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2022-06-10

1. Roll Call, Agenda Bashing, Minutes Approval

The minutes of the 9/5 virtual meeting are available at

2. Review of Other Action Items from Previous Meetings (not part of the
shared items list)

Current list of AIs:

From the 7/25 f2f meeting:

 - Spencer Dawkins, Eric Gray, Dan Romascanu, Dorothy Stanley and Pat
Thaler agreed to work on an update to RFC 4441.

 - The IEEE 802 agreed to review and update the people they currently
have subscribed to the new-work mailing list, and to send PARs to new-

 - The IEEE 802 agreed to add a page to their website listing their
current liaison relationships.

 - The IEEE 802 will look at removing mailing list restrictions that
prevent IETF participants from contributing to IEEE 802 work.

 - The IESG agreed to draft an IESG Statement regarding Ethertype

 - The IAB and IESG will suggest a process for providing feedback to
the IEEE RAC on Virtualization and OUI Tiers.

From the 9/5 virtual meeting:

- Spencer Dawkins to create a new mail list for IEEE and IETF general
coordination discussion.

- Dan Romascanu to initiate a Doodle poll for the date of the next
telechat. Done, the next telechat will take place on Monday October 29,
between 2PM and 4PM EDT.

3. RFC 4441bis - status report presented by Spencer

4. Areas of shared interest between the IETF and IEEE 802.  Review of
the list of items, status and action items - discussion led by Pat and

The updated Potential Areas for IETF/IEEE802 Coordination
document will be forwarded before the call.

5. Action Items recap

6. Next virtual meeting possible dates