Skip to main content

2013-07-10-rsoc-minutes
slides-interim-2022-rfcedprog-03-sessa-2013-07-10-rsoc-minutes-00

Meeting Slides RFC Series Oversight Committee (RSOC) (rfcedprog) IAB ASG
Date and time 2022-01-01 11:00
Title 2013-07-10-rsoc-minutes
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2022-06-10

slides-interim-2022-rfcedprog-03-sessa-2013-07-10-rsoc-minutes-00
RFC SERIES OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (RSOC)
Minutes of the July 10, 2013 RSOC Teleconference

Reported by: Cindy Morgan, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES 
--------------------------------- 
Bernard Aboba
Fred Baker, RSOC Chair
Nevil Brownlee
Heather Flanagan, RFC Series Editor
Joel Halpern
Tony Hansen (incoming RSOC)
Joe Hildebrand (incoming RSOC)
Bob Hinden
Ole Jacobsen
John Klensin
Alexey Melnikov
Cindy Morgan, Scribe
Ray Pelletier, IAOC Liaison

REGRETS
--------------------------------- 
Olaf Kolkman

MINUTES 
--------------------------------- 

1. Agenda bash

2. Minutes discussion / approval

  The minutes of the 19 June 2013 RSOC meeting were approved.  The 
  minutes will be posted on the IAB website.

3. Status of the RPC & Publisher Selection Committee

  The RSOC briefly discussed whether to make additional appointments to 
  the RPC & Publisher Selection Committee in order to account for RSOC 
  members on the Selection Committee whose RSOC terms are expiring.  The 
  RSOC agreed not to make any additional appointments at this time, with 
  the hope that the work of the Selection Committee would completed 
  before the end of the terms of the RSOC members on the Selection 
  Committee.

  Heather Flanagan reported that she is making final edits to the report 
  from the RPC & Publisher Selection Committee.  Once she has explicit 
  agreement from the Committee that the report is final, Heather will 
  send the report to the RSOC for endorsement, and then on to the IAOC 
  for approval.  The goal is to have the report to the RSOC no later 
  than Monday, 15 July 2013.

4. RFC Format Spec discussion

  The RSOC agreed to use a design team to develop the RFC Format 
  specification.  John Klensin and Joe Hildebrand volunteered to work 
  with Heather Flanagan to plan what that design team will look like.

  Further discussion of the RFC Format Spec was deferred to the RSOC 
  Retreat on 27 July 2013.

5. Status and plan for the performance review

  The RSOC agreed that the performance review would be conducted by the 
  currently-seated RSOC.  Incoming RSOC members will be invited to 
  listen to the discussions for informational purposes.

  Further discussion of the performance review was deferred to an 
  executive session later in the call.

6.  Status and plan for the Procedures document

  John Klensin requested more time to review the current draft of the 
  RSOC Procedures document.  The RSOC approved the Procedures document 
  pending John's agreement that the current version can be considered 
  final.  Cindy Morgan will work with Joel Halpern and Bob Hinden to 
  post the final Procedures to the RSOC section of the IAB website.

  The RSOC agreed to add an agenda item to the Retreat to discuss 
  whether updates should be made to RFC 6635 in light of the discussions 
  on the Procedures document.

  Heather Flanagan has an action item to write up the RSOC component of 
  the vendor selection process.

7. Exec session - performance review

  The performance review was discussed in an executive session.