Philips' Statement of IPR related to draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building-03
Note: Updates to IPR disclosures must only be made by authorized representatives of the original submitters. Updates will automatically be forwarded to the current Patent Holder's Contact and to the Submitter of the original IPR disclosure.
I. Patent Holder/Applicant ("Patent Holder")
- Holder legal name
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Philips)
II. Patent Holder's Contact for License Application
- Holder contact name
- Holder contact email
- Holder contact info
Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
P.O. Box 220, 5600 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
F: +31 40 2743489
III. IETF Document or Other Contribution to Which this IPR Disclosure Relates
draft-ietf-roll-applicability-home-building ("Applicability Statement: The Use of the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) Protocol Suite in Home Automation and Building Control")
IV. Licensing Declaration
The Patent Holder states that its position with respect to licensing any patent claims contained in the patent(s) or patent application(s) disclosed above that would necessarily be infringed by implementation of the technology required by the relevant IETF specification ("Necessary Patent Claims"), for the purpose of implementing such specification, is as follows(select one licensing declaration option only):
- See Text Below for Licensing Declaration
- Licensing information, comments, notes, or URL for further information
If technology in this Internet Draft is included in a standard adopted by the IETF (the Standard) and any claims of the Subject Application are necessary for practicing the Standard (Subject Essential Claims), Philips covenants not to assert the Subject Essential Claims against any party (Third Party) for making, using, selling, importing or offering for sale a product that implements and fully complies with the Standard under reasonable, nondiscriminatory terms set forth below, solely to implement and fully comply with the Standard.
The reasonable, non-discriminatory terms include:
(1) Such Third Party must also provide a license or covenant not to sue Philips for all claims it owns or controls which are necessary for practicing the Standard;
(2) Philips retains the right to assert the Subject Essential Claims (including the right to claim past royalties) against any party that asserts a patent (either directly or indirectly) against Philips, any joint venture which Philips has an interest in, or any of Philips' affiliates or successors in title;
(3) Such covenant shall remain in effect unless or until such Third Party violates any of the terms herein; and
(4) Philips retains the right to assert the Subject Essential Claims (including the right to past royalties) against any product or portion thereof that is not necessary for compliance with the Standard.
Royalty-bearing licenses will be available to anyone who prefers that option.
Note: The individual submitting this template represents and warrants that he or she is authorized by the Patent Holder to agree to the above-selected licensing declaration.
V. Contact Information of Submitter of this Form
- Submitter name
- Jodie Ledeboer
- Submitter email
Only those sections of the relevant entry form where the submitter provided information are displayed.