TAPS IETF 111 Session
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
14:30-15:30 Tuesday Session II
WG Chairs: Theresa Enghardt & Aaron Falk
Minute takers: Kyle Rose
Participants request permission to revise and extend their remarks.
WG update - chairs (10 min)
Intense discussion re: the large number of authors
- Only 4 docs >= 7 authors in the last ten years
- RFC editor doesn't have a policy against lots of authors, but they do have recommendations
- Tommy points out that docs do currently have 2 editors apiece, with the remainder as authors
- Needs further discussion offline
Implementation updates - Tommy Pauly (5 min)
TAPS Transport Discovery - Martin Duke (15 min)
- Dan Druta raised a point about chain of custody of the trusted computing base for an application, which is complicated by a userspace daemon in the middle of comms.
- Open issue in Github
Mapping documents - Tommy Pauly (15 min)
- Aaron suggested that a few examples would illustrate how future mappings should be constructed.
- Lucas would be happy to help facilitate mapping work with the QUIC WG.
W3C Web & Networks Interest Group - Dan Druta (15 min)
- Aaron thinks the real value here is in engaging outside groups with TAPS work, and where it isn't a great fit, providing feedback on how to improve or alter the architecture to be more useful.