IESG Telechat Minutes

INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP (IESG)
Minutes of the June 18, 2009 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Cindy Morgan, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES
---------------------------------
Ron Bonica (Juniper Networks) / Operations and Management Area
Ross Callon (Juniper Network) / Routing Area
Michelle Cotton (ICANN) / IANA liaison
Ralph Droms (Cisco) / Internet Area
Lisa Dusseault (Messaging Architects) / Applications Area
Lars Eggert (Nokia) / Transport Area
Pasi Eronen (Nokia) / Security Area
Adrian Farrel (Huawei) / Routing Area
Sandy Ginoza (ISI) / RFC Editor liaison
Russ Housley (Vigil Security, LLC) / IETF Chair, General Area
Cullen Jennings (Cisco) / Real-time App. and Infra. Area
John Leslie / Scribe
Alexey Melnikov (Isode Limited) / Applications Area
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Tim Polk (NIST) / Security Area
Dan Romascanu (Avaya) / Operations and Management Area
Robert Sparks (Tekelec) / Real-time App. and Infra. Area
Amy Vezza (AMS) / IETF Secretariat

REGRETS
---------------------------------
Jari Arkko (Ericsson) / Internet Area
Marshall Eubanks (Multicast Tech) / Scribe
Olaf Kolkman (NLnet Labs) / IAB Chair
Dave Oran (Cisco) / IAB Liaison
Ray Pelletier (ISOC) / IAD
Magnus Westerlund (Ericsson) / Transport Area

MINUTES
---------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the June 4, 2009 Teleconference were approved. The
Secretariat will place the minutes in the public archives.

The narrative minutes of the June 4, 2009 Teleconference were
Approved. The Secretariat will place the narrative minutes in the
public archives.

1.2 Documents Approved since the June 4, 2009 IESG Teleconference
1.2.1 Protocol Actions
o draft-groves-megaco-pkgereg-04.txt (BCP)
o draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-24.txt (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-05.txt (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage-07.txt (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-05.txt (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-ospf-lls-08.txt (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-07.txt (Proposed
Standard)

1.2.2 Document Actions
o draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications-10.txt (Informational)
o draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-12.txt (Informational)

1.3 Review of Action Items

DONE:
NONE

DELETED:
NONE

IN PROGRESS:
o Magnus Westerlund to draft an IESG Statement on BCP 32.
o Jari Arkko to continue discussion with Henrik Levkowetz about
enabling proper filtering to email aliases existing on the tools
server.

NEW:
o Cullen Jennings to send comments on draft-ford-behave-top to the
RFC Editor.
o Ralph Droms will talk to Stewart Cheshire about reserving EDNSO
option code 4 in the dns-parameters registry.

2. Protocol Actions
2.1 WG Submissions
2.1.1 New Item
o draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-13.txt
NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast Transport Protocol (Proposed
Standard) - 1 of 4
Token: Magnus Westerlund

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Jari Arkko, Tim Polk and Dan Romascanu.*

o draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-23.txt
Tags for Identifying Languages (BCP) - 2 of 4
Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to
be prepared by Alexey Melnikov. The Secretariat will send a working
group submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes the RFC
Editor Note.

o draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-09.txt
Data Structure for the Security Suitability of Cryptographic
Algorithms (DSSC) (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 4
Token: Tim Polk

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Jari Arkko, Pasi Eronen, Russ Housley and Alexey
Melnikov.*

o draft-ietf-ippm-more-twamp-02.txt
More Features for the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol - TWAMP
(Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
Token: Lars Eggert

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Pasi Eronen.*

2.1.2 Returning Item
o draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm-07.txt
Layer Two Tunneling Protocol version 3 - Setup of Time-Division
Multiplexing (TDM) Pseudowires (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
Token: Ralph Droms

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to
be prepared by Ralph Droms. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Protocol Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor
Note.

2.2 Individual Submissions
2.2.1 New Item
NONE

2.2.2 Returning Item
NONE

3. Document Actions
3.1 WG Submissions
3.1.1 New Item
o draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api-08.txt
The Diameter API (Informational) - 1 of 5
Token: Dan Romascanu

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Jari Arkko, Pasi Eronen, Russ Housley, Cullen
Jennings, Alexey Melnikov and Tim Polk.*

o draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-11.txt
A Call Control and Multi-party usage framework for the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Informational) - 2 of 5
Token: Cullen Jennings

Robert Sparks formally recused himself from the discussion. The
document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Cullen Jennings and Tim Polk.*

o draft-ietf-ntp-autokey-05.txt
Network Time Protocol Version 4 Autokey Specification
(Informational) - 3 of 5
Token: Ralph Droms

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Pasi Eronen, Russ Housley and Tim Polk.*

o draft-ietf-pce-p2mp-app-01.txt
Applicability of the Path Computation Element (PCE) to Point-to-
Multipoint (P2MP) Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) (Informational) -
4 of 5
Token: Ross Callon

Adrian Farrel formally recused himself from the discussion. The
document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to be
prepared by Ross Callon. The Secretariat will send a working group
submission Document Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor
Note.

o draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-10.txt
Update to the Language Subtag Registry (Informational) - 5 of 5
Token: Alexey Melnikov

The document was approved by the IESG. The Secretariat will send a
working group submission Document Action Announcement.

3.1.2 Returning Item
NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD
3.2.1 New Item
o draft-sinnreich-sip-tools-06.txt
Simple SIP Usage Scenario for Applications in the Endpoints
(Informational) - 1 of 3
Token: Cullen Jennings

The document was approved by the IESG pending an RFC Editor Note to
be prepared by Cullen Jennings. The Secretariat will send an individual
submission Document Action Announcement that includes the RFC Editor
Note.

o draft-eronen-enterprise-number-documentation-01.txt
Enterprise Number for Documentation Use (Informational) - 2 of 3
Token: Dan Romascanu

Pasi Eronen formally recused himself from the discussion. The document
remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve points raised
by Adrian Farrel.*

o draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-03.txt
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap with Padding Algorithm
(Informational) - 3 of 3
Token: Tim Polk

Russ Housley formally recused himself from the discussion. The
document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Lars Eggert and Pasi Eronen.*

3.2.2 Returning Item
NONE

3.3 Independent Submissions Via IRTF or RFC Editor
3.3.1 New Item
o draft-irtf-mobopts-location-privacy-solutions-14.txt
Mobile IPv6 Location Privacy Solutions (Experimental) - 1 of 1
Token: Jari Arkko

The document was deferred to the next teleconference (July 2, 2009).

3.3.2 Returning Item
o draft-ford-behave-top-06.txt
Unintended Consequence of two NAT deployments with Overlapping
Address Space (Informational) - 1 of 2
Token: Magnus Westerlund

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Cullen Jennings.*

o draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-05.txt
Adding Acknowledgement Congestion Control to TCP (Informational) -
2 of 2
Token: Lars Eggert

The IESG has no problem with the RFC Editor publishing this document.
The Secretariat will send a standard "no problem" message to the RFC
Editor that includes an RFC Editor Note to be prepared by Lars Eggert.

4. Working Group Actions
4.1 WG Creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
o STORage Maintenance (storm) - 1 of 1
Token: Lars Eggert

The IESG approved the draft WG charter for IETF review pending edits to
be provided by Lars Eggert. The Secretariat will send a WG Review
announcement, with a separate message to new-work@ietf.org. The
Secretariat will place the WG on the agenda for the next IESG
Teleconference (July 2, 2009).

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
NONE

4.2 WG Rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
o Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation (shim6) - 1 of 3
Token: Jari Arkko

The IESG decided to proceed with IETF review of the revised charter.
The Secretariat will send a WG Review: Recharter announcement, with a
separate message to new-work@ietf.org. The Secretariat will place the
WG on the agenda for the next IESG teleconference (July 2, 2009).

o Diameter Maintenance and Extensions (dime) - 2 of 3
Token: Dan Romascanu

The IESG decided to proceed with IETF review of the revised charter.
The Secretariat will send a WG Review: Recharter announcement, with a
separate message to new-work@ietf.org. The Secretariat will place the
WG on the agenda for the next IESG teleconference (July 2, 2009).

o Integrated Security Model for SNMP (isms) - 3 of 3
Token: Pasi Eronen

The IESG decided to proceed with IETF review of the revised charter
pending additional text to be supplied by Pasi Eronen. The Secretariat
will send a WG Review: Recharter announcement, with a separate message
to new-work@ietf.org. The Secretariat will place the WG on the agenda
for the next IESG teleconference (July 2, 2009).

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
o Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance (behave) - 1 of 2
Token: Magnus Westerlund

The revised charter remains under discussion by the IESG. The
Secretariat will place the WG on the agenda for the next IESG
teleconference (July 2, 2009).

o Geographic Location/Privacy (geopriv) - 2 of 2
Token: Cullen Jennings

The IESG approved the revised charter for the working group. The
Secretariat will send a WG Action: RECHARTER announcement.

5. IAB News We can use

6. Management Issues
6.1 NomCom Requirements (Russ Housley)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the requirements
to be provided to the NomCom pending an edit to the text. The
Executive Director will forward the IESG Requirements to the NomCom
Chair.

6.2 Review of application/mp21 Media Type (Alexey Melnikov)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the
application/mp21 media type.

6.3 Request early allocation approval for 0x096D Pseudowire Switching
TLV [IANA #245727] (Michelle Cotton)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the early
allocation approval for 0x096D Pseudowire Switching TLV pending a
discussion between Ralph Droms and Stewart Bryant.

6.4 Approval of liaison statement on Y.flowstate to ITU-T SG11 (Lars
Eggert)

The management issue was discussed.

6.5 Reserving/Holding value in dns-parameters [IANA #206574]
(Michelle Cotton)

The management issue was discussed.

Action item: Ralph Droms will talk to Stewart Cheshire about reserving
EDNSO option code 4 in the dns-parameters registry.

7. Working Group News We Can Use

-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the ID Tracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi) for details
on documents that are under discussion by the IESG