Extended Design Team Meeting of CDNI on "Adaptive Streaming"
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012
Start Time: 07:00 PDT (e.g San Francisco, USA) = 10:00 EDT (e.g Boston, USA) = 16:00 CET (e.g Paris, France) = 22:00 CST (e.g. Beijing, China)
Finish Time: 10:00 PDT (e.g San Francisco, USA) = 13:00 EDT (e.g Boston, USA) = 19:00 CET (e.g Paris, France) = 01:00 CST (e.g. Beijing, China)
Virtual attendance and collaboration via Webex
CDNI WG Chairs: Francois Le Faucheur, Richard Woundy
CDNI WG Charter: http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cdni/charter/
CDNI WG Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aim of this Extended Design Team Meeting:
- progress the description of the intersection points between CDNI and HTTP adaptive streaming (HAS)
- progress the description of the options for handling these intersection points i.e. what can be done without HAS-awareness in CDNI? how much optimization can be achieved with (possibly different levels of) HAS-awareness?
- facilitate selection of the option(s) to pursue by CDNI WG for each of the intersection points
- "Models for adaptive-streaming-aware CDN Interconnection" draft-brandenburg-cdni-has (version -02 is now available)
June 28 Agenda:
- intro on Extended Design Team Meeting: Francois
- Intro to the new version of draft-brandenburg-cdni-has: Ray (slides)
- File Management and Content Collections (prezo + discussion): Ray
- Content Acquisition of Content Collections (prezo + discussion): Ray
- Request Routing of HAS content (prezo + discussion): Ray
- Logging (prezo + discussion): Francois (slides)
- URL Signing (prezo + discussion): Kent (slides)
- Content Purge (prezo + discussion): Ray
- Global Discussion, Recap and recommendations, Next steps: Ray, Francois, Rich
June 28 Webex details for remote attendance:
Please start logging onto the webex bridge 5 minutes before Start Time to allow for unexpected issues and ensure timely start of the meeting.
- 1. Go to https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?ED=197507022&UID=0&PW=NMGVkM2UyN2Y4&RT=MiMyMw%3D%3D
- 2. Enter your name and email address.
- 3. Enter the meeting password: ietf-cdni
- 4. Click "Join Now".
To add this meeting to your calendar program,
click this link