R Interim April 27
Monday, April 27, 2015
10:00 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) | 1 hr 30 mins
1) IDR Yang modules: [10:00am ET - 10:45 am]
2) IDR WG LC questions [10:45am - 11:00am ]
Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number: 640 823 170
Meeting password: yangmodules
Join by phone
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada)
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 640 823 170
Toll-free calling restrictions
- Authors merging drafts, targeted for next IDR interim (base, extension model, vendor extensions/deviations, separate drafts)
- Rob: more eyes from implementors, please.
- Jeff: how much mandatory, how much optional?
- Anees: propose minimal set, not maximal. That keeps it clear that the base is really required.
- Rob: can do ALU, XR feature sets with a small number of deviations. Not a philosophical discussion, but a practical.
- Keyur: looking at both models, leaving aside CIDR and other esoterica, both drafts were pretty similar. Not bad to start with that set of RFCs.
- Jeff: I was surprised to hear you say you were having to spec deviations. What were they?
- Rob: Features that can't be enabled/disabled at as fine a granularity as openconfig specs, e.g. a feature that openconfig says is per AFI/SAFI but is global in the implementation. Less than ten leaves or containers.
- Jeff: I support core SP profile. 80% or more of openconfig is core.
- Anees: interested in candidates for removal based on implementor feedback.
- Jeff: Provides encouragement for people to normalize impelementations.
- Rob: Maybe Juniper can provide similar feedback.
- Jeff: Patch pending, need to redo work to latest update.
- Anees: Wait a week before redoing, changes pending based on deviations Rob spoke of.
- Sue: Policy model?
- Anees: both are self-consistent. One more update for each. Try to push them as a unit.
Q/A re WGLCs?