TRILL Interim February 2014 Wednesday, February 4, 2015
9:00 pm | Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr 30 mins J
Join WebEx meeting https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=ma741e069c2ddcf3fc0fd76ede4bad225
Meeting number:647 306 770
Join by phone 1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll free number (US/Canada) 1-650-479-3208
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 647 306 770
1) Fangwei Hu
2) Jon Hudson
4) Donald Eastlake (Huawei)
5) Jon Hudson (Co-chair)
6) Sue Hares (Co-Chair)
7) Deepak Kumar (Cisco)
9) Mingqui Zhang
10) YiZhou Li
TRILL Interim Agenda:
1) Discussion of Base Draft updates (Donald Eastlake) [15 minutes]
- Jon: Awesome job Donald.
- Sue: This is really great work.
- Yizhou - did we update the dependency graph?
- Donald: I've drawn dependency graphy, but this draft does not have a dependency. Dependency draft should be updated for all drafts.
2) Active-active (Donald Eastlake) [15 minutes]
2a) comparison of aa-multi-attach and pseudonode-nickname
- Donald: Any questions?
3) Directory Service [30 minutes]
3a) draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms (Donald Eastlake)
3b) draft-yizhou-trill-arp-optimization (YiZhou)
- Sue: How does algorithms of the load-splitting of the EVPN specification in the BESS WG?
- Don: These load splitting assumes to have a single vendor.
- All these are allocated by VLAN, Src-MAC, Dst-Mac and priority (?) and allocate things for an M-LAG link.
- The edge functions could use a 5-tuple matching functions to identify a flow, and
- and an algorithm assigns this flow to a particular TRILL edge switch.
- The draft would not have anything to state anything on the algorithm.
- Sue: I will send more details to you proviately.
Has had some editorial updates to fix problems.
Some consensus from last interim.
Ready for call for adoption.
Sue/Jon: Fix editorial problems, then will start call for WG adoption on version -01.
4) YANG overview and Discussion (Deepak Kumar) [15 minutes]
Based on TRILL YANG and on generic OAM YANG.
There is an implementation which compiles.
TRILL fault management is in the TRILL OAM YANG draft.
Generic OAM YANG is personal draft targeted for LIME WG.
Things may get added to OAM YANG but should not effect TRILL. Currently extended MEP for TRILL
- if necessary TRILL MEP could be brought down to the TRILL OAM YANG draft.
5) TRILL P2MP BFD (Mingqui Zhang) 15 minutes
Ask for comments on the draft.
6) TRILL IS-IS MTU Negotiation 15 minutes
Yizhou: should this be standalone or merged with Appointed Forwardwer bis draft?
Donald: Well, either this draft or the Appointed Forwarder bis draft needs to be the first TRILL
draft to specify use of the Circuit Scoped FS-LSPs.
Yizhou: Is MTU mentioned in AF bis draft?
Yizhou: Then I think it makes sense for this to be a separate stand alone draft.
Sue: Thanks to everyone. Next meeting at IETF. If you think we need another Interim before
then, contact me.
Jon: Thanks to everyone.
WG LC considered:
Adoption calls considered:
Etherpad: (notes) http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/trill-interim-2015-02-04-etherpad
v-Blue sheets: http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/trill-interim-2015-02-15-vbluesheet