Minutes of the 2022-05-11 IAB Business Meeting

1. Administrivia

1.1. Attendance

Present:

Jari Arkko

Deborah Brungard

Wes Hardaker

Lars Eggert (IETF Chair)

Cullen Jennings

Mallory Knodel

Mirja Kühlewind (IAB Chair)

Warren Kumari (IESG Liaison)

Zhenbin Li

Cindy Morgan (IAB Executive Administrative Manager)

Karen O’Donoghue (ISOC Liaison)

Colin Perkins (IRTF Chair)

Amy Vezza (IETF Secretariat)

Russ White

Greg Wood (IETF Director of Communications and Operations)

Qin Wu

Jiankang Yao

Regrets:

Tommy Pauly

David Schinazi

Observers:

Mark McFadden

1.2. Agenda bash and announcements

Items on “IAB Wiki and wiki.js” and “Archiving IAB-stream AUTH48 emails” were added to the agenda.

1.3. Meeting Minutes

The following meeting minutes were approved:

The following meeting minutes remain under review:

1.4. Action item review

Done:
On Hold:
In Progress:
New:

1.5. IAB Document Status Update

Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/stream/iab/

IAB State: Active IAB Document
* draft-iab-mnqeu-report-01

IAB State: Active IAB Document
* draft-iab-path-signals-collaboration-00

IAB State: Active IAB Document
* draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-06

IAB State: Active IAB Document
* draft-iab-rfc7991bis-04

I-D Exists
* draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13

RFC Editor Queue: Edit

1.6. WG Chartering in Progress

Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/chartering/

1.7. Proposed BOFs

Datatracker: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests

Stub Network Auto Configuration for IPv6

IAB Reviewers: Russ White, Jari Arkko
* bofreq-liu-multicast-source-routing-over-ipv6msr6-12

Multicast Source Routing over IPv6

IAB Reviewer: Russ White
* bofreq-hardjono-secure-asset-transfer-protocol-04

Secure Asset Transfer Protocol

IAB Reviewer: Wes Hardaker

2. draft-iab-aid-workshop

The IAB agreed to send draft-iab-aid-workshop out for community review. Mirja Kühlewind will post a -01 to the I-D repository that incorporates some editorial nits from GitHub. Once draft-iab-aid-workshop-01 is posted, Cindy Morgan will send the community review message.

3. 2022 Retreat

The IAB reviewed the agenda for the 2022 retreat. Mirja Kühlewind asked each IAB member to provide one slide on “What the IAB should be doing” for discussion at the retreat. She also asked that people leading discussion topics send their slides to the IAB list in advance so that people have time to review them before the meeting.

4. IAB Wiki and wiki.js

Lars Eggert reported that the Tools Team is working to integrate wiki.js with the Datatracker and move the existing trac wikis to wiki.js. He asked whether the IAB would want to move their mediawikis to wiki.js as well.

Mirja Kühlewind asked that discussion of this topic be postponed, as she is currently working on a project to archive some of the content on iab.org elsewhere (Datatracker, GitHub), and the wikis should be looked at as part of that project.

5. Archiving IAB-stream AUTH48 emails

Lars Eggert reported that the IESG sent an announcement about archiving AUTH48 emails for IETF-stream RFCs, and asked whether the IAB was planning to do the same.

Mirja Kühlewind replied that the IAB had previously agreed to include IAB-stream emails in this archive at their 2022-02-16 meeting. Cindy Morgan and Mirja Kühlewind will draft an announcement about this.

6. Executive Session: ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG) Appointment

In an executive session, the IAB appointed Jim Reid to the ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group. Cindy Morgan will follow up with the candidates and send an announcement.