Content Delivery Networks Interconnection (cdni)
Charter for Working Group
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is an infrastructure of network
- A "requirements" document. This document lists the requirements for
- A specification of the "CDNI Request Routing Redirection interface".
- A specification of the "CDNI Control interface". In particular, this
- A specification for "CDNI URI Signing". This document will specify a
The WG will discuss and address the security, management and operational
In particular, the WG will not define:
- New session, transport or network protocols.
- New protocols for delivering content from a CDN to an End User/User
- New protocols for ingestion of content or metadata between a CSP and a
- Protocols and algorithms for intra-CDN operations.
- Support for Transparent Caching across CDNs.
- New applications consuming CDNI logs.
- Digital Right Management (DRM) mechanisms.
The CDNI WG will work with other IETF WGs to assess, and where