Minutes interim-2020-qirg-01: Wed 16:30
Quantum Internet Research Group
||Minutes interim-2020-qirg-01: Wed 16:30
- RDV: Rodney Van Meter
- WK: Wojciech Kozlowski
1.Chair (WK+RDV): We are a full research group. How frequently we can meet as a
research group? Question to review in near future.
2. Simulaqron (Axel Dahlberg)
- Scalable blue print, QnodOS: operating system, CQC (Classical quantum
compiler)origin, NetQASM(quantum Assembly language).
3. Qnetsim(Stephen DiAdamo)
- Host-transport-Network architecture, task (teleportation, super dense coding,
EPR and GHZ generation).
4. QuISP (RDV)
- Quantum network congestion, protocol: SDN like, generations-1G:2G:3G, scaling
quantum network and memory growth 2^n.
5. Netsquid (Rob Knegjens)
- Designing a quantum internet, rate and fidelity, modeling the effect of time
6. Nathan Aw :Use Case :Scaled out ,zero latency and implication.
New section about how heralding signal is used to notify of entanglement
Idea: how to move to classical network from quantum stack.
Forwarding may be implemented in 3rd generation. First generations use
swapping. (see Shota's PR on GitHub).
Security consideration: up for discussion if included in the draft. Probably
will be left for another document.
Section 6: Rework - goals and principles (need community inputs)
References: add more based on RDV feedback.
Next step for RFC.
Mathias: Why not include layers and planes in this draft?
WK: This is not an architecture proposal draft.
Gyananjay Rai: Testing of drafts on simulators.
WK: With this draft you should be equipped to start using the simulators.
Colin Perkins: Inputs for RFC. Keep doing what you are doing and submit by the
end of the year.
RDV: More meetings to come, possibly after all virtual interims replacing IETF
WK: Go and use simulators and share output of simulators in mailing list.