Skip to main content

Minutes interim-2023-iesg-10 2023-05-04 14:00
minutes-interim-2023-iesg-10-202305041400-00

Meeting Minutes Internet Engineering Steering Group (iesg) IETF
Date and time 2023-05-04 14:00
Title Minutes interim-2023-iesg-10 2023-05-04 14:00
State (None)
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2024-02-23

minutes-interim-2023-iesg-10-202305041400-00
Minutes of the May 04, 2023 IESG Teleconference

Reported by: Jenny Bui, IETF Secretariat

ATTENDEES
---------------------------------
Andrew Alston (Liquid Intelligent Technologies) /  Routing Area
Jenny Bui (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Roman Danyliw (CERT/SEI) / Security Area
Martin Duke (Google) / Transport Area
Liz Flynn (AMS) / IETF Secretariat, Narrative Scribe
Sandy Ginoza (AMS) / RFC Editor Liaison
Jim Guichard (Futurewei Technologies) / Routing Area
Erik Kline (Aalyria Technologies) / Internet Area
Murray Kucherawy (Meta) / Applications and Real-Time Area
Mirja Kuehlewind (Ericsson) / IAB Chair
Warren Kumari (Google) / Operations and Management Area
Cindy Morgan (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Zaheduzzaman (Zahed) Sarker (Ericsson) / Transport Area
John Scudder (Juniper) / Routing Area
Sabrina Tanamal (ICANN) / IANA Liaison
Amy Vezza (AMS) / IETF Secretariat
Eric Vyncke (Cisco) / Internet Area
Robert Wilton (Cisco Systems) / Operations and Management Area
Paul Wouters (Aiven) /  Security Area

REGRETS
---------------------------------
Jay Daley / IETF Executive Director
Dhruv Dhody (Huawei) / IAB Liaison
Lars Eggert (NetApp) / IETF Chair, General Area
Francesca Palombini (Ericsson) / Applications and Real-Time Area

OBSERVERS
---------------------------------
Ooooduke
Greg Wood

MINUTES
---------------------------------
1. Administrivia
1.1 Approval of the Minutes

The minutes of the April 27, 2023 Teleconference requires another week for
review. The  minutes will come back to the next telechat (May 25, 2023) for
approval.

The narrative minutes of the April 27, 2023 Teleconference requires another
week for review. The  minutes will come back to the next telechat (May 25,
2023) for approval.

1.2 Documents Approved since the April 27, 2023 IESG Teleconference
1.2.1 Protocol Actions
o draft-ietf-bfd-unsolicited-16  (Proposed Standard)
o draft-ietf-oauth-dpop-16  (Proposed Standard)

1.2.2 Document Actions
 NONE

1.3 Review of Action Items

DONE:
o Eric Vyncke to follow-up with the tools team on auto-populating the approval
  announcement text in the "ballot text" section (document abstract,
  responsible AD, document shepherd).

IN PROGRESS:
o Warren Kumari to follow up on a bis document for RFC 8126 regarding
designated experts. o Rob Wilton to draft a proposal to the tools team for what
the requested information
  regarding mail statistics should look like.
o Roman Danyliw to find designated experts for RFC 9347, ESP AGGFRAG_PAYLOAD
registry [IANA #1265971] o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC
7462 (URNs for the Alert-Info Header
  Field of the Session Initiation Protocol [SIP])[IANA #1266696].
o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for RFC-ietf-jmap-blob-18 (JMAP
Blob management extension)
  [IANA #1267309].
o Murray Kucherawy to find designated experts for Structured Syntax Suffixes
(RFC 6838) IANA #1270651].

ON HOLD:
o Robert Wilton and Warren Kumari to report back to the IESG on the impact of
COVID-19
  to the IETF in July 2023.
o Lars Eggert to send email to the LLC about Letters of Invitation for Interim
Meetings and Retreats.

NEW:
o Eric Vyncke to follow up on updating the title from "IESG Note" to "Public
IESG Note”.

2. Protocol actions
2.1 WG submissions
2.1.1 New items

  o draft-ietf-sfc-ioam-nsh-11  - IETF stream
    Network Service Header (NSH) Encapsulation for In-situ OAM (IOAM)
    Data (Proposed Standard)
    Token: Andrew Alston

The document remains under discussion by the IESG in order to resolve
points raised by Roman Danyliw, Jim Guichard, Eric Vyncke and Robert Wilton.*

2.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.2 Individual submissions
2.2.1 New items
  NONE

2.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

2.3 Status changes
2.3.1 New items
  NONE

2.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3. Document actions
3.1 WG submissions
3.1.1 New items
  NONE

3.1.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.2 Individual submissions via AD
3.2.1 New items
  NONE

3.2.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.3 Status changes
3.3.1 New items
  NONE

3.3.2 Returning items
  NONE

3.4 IRTF and Independent Submission stream documents
3.4.1 New items
  NONE

3.4.2 Returning items
  NONE

4. Working Group actions
4.1 WG creation
4.1.1 Proposed for IETF review
  NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for approval
  NONE

4.2 WG rechartering
4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF review
  NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for approval

  o Multiplexed Application Substrate over QUIC Encryption (masque)
    Area: TSV (Martin Duke)

The IESG approved the revised charter for the working group. The
Secretariat will send a WG Action: RECHARTER announcement.

5. IAB news we can use

6. Management issues

6.1 [IANA #1271795] Alert URN Identifier registration request (IANA)

The management issue was discussed. The IESG approved the Alert URN Identifier
registration request.

6.2 Normative changes to documents in RFCEDIT state with RFC Editor (Andrew
Alston)

The management issue was discussed.

6.3 SWOT/PEST analysis (Eric Vyncke)

The management issue was discussed.

7. Any Other Business (WG News, New Proposals, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------
* Please see the Datatracker (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/)
for details on documents that are under discussion by the IESG.