Last Call Review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning-09
IETF LC End Date: 2017-05-12
IESG Telechat date: 2017-05-25
This document provides guidance for dealing with extensions
and versioning in NFSv4, including how and when to update
This document is mostly ready. Some of the grammatical choices
make for a more difficult read; the most obvious ones to me are
* For the bullet points in this document, some end in periods and
some don't. I recommend the authors choose one and update
* In section 1. "Introduction", the last sentence is very clumsy.
The Gen-ART review already points this out, and provides what I think
is a good suggested change.
* In section 4.4.2 "Establishing Interoperability", the phrase "client
would uses" should be "client uses"
* In section 5.2 "Behavioral Changes", the following sentence is
One class of behavioral change involves changes in the set of errors
to be returned in the event of various errors.
I think the following has the same meaning:
One class of behavior change involves changes in the set of errors
to be returned when various failure conditions occur.
That's not tremendously better, but I think it's a little easier to
wrap one's mind around.
* In the title for Section 9.3 "XDR Corrections to REQUIRED features",
"Features" should be capitalized.
* In Section 9.3 "XDR Corrections to REQUIRED features", the word
"correct" should be "corrected" in the sentence "Such clients would only
be capable of interoperating with servers that supported the correct