Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent Configuration
RFC 6011

Revision differences

Document history

Date Rev. By Action
2020-01-21
03 (System) Received changes through RFC Editor sync (added Verified Errata tag)
2015-10-14
03 (System) Notify list changed from john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com, xmlscott@gmail.com, draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config@ietf.org to (None)
2012-08-22
03 (System) post-migration administrative database adjustment to the No Objection position for Sean Turner
2012-08-22
03 (System) post-migration administrative database adjustment to the No Objection position for Ralph Droms
2012-08-22
03 (System) post-migration administrative database adjustment to the No Objection position for Alexey Melnikov
2012-08-22
03 (System) post-migration administrative database adjustment to the No Objection position for Adrian Farrel
2010-10-29
03 Cindy Morgan State changed to RFC Published from RFC Ed Queue by Cindy Morgan
2010-10-29
03 Cindy Morgan [Note]: 'RFC 6011' added by Cindy Morgan
2010-10-28
03 (System) RFC published
2010-07-14
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to RFC-Ed-Ack from Waiting on RFC Editor
2010-07-14
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to Waiting on RFC Editor from In Progress
2010-07-14
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to In Progress from Waiting on Authors
2010-07-13
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to Waiting on Authors from In Progress
2010-07-13
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to In Progress from Waiting on Authors
2010-07-08
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to Waiting on Authors from In Progress
2010-07-08
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to In Progress from Waiting on Authors
2010-07-07
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to Waiting on Authors from In Progress
2010-06-29
03 Amy Vezza State Changes to RFC Ed Queue from Approved-announcement sent by Amy Vezza
2010-06-28
03 (System) IANA Action state changed to In Progress
2010-06-28
03 Cindy Morgan IESG state changed to Approved-announcement sent
2010-06-28
03 Cindy Morgan IESG has approved the document
2010-06-28
03 Cindy Morgan Closed "Approve" ballot
2010-06-26
03 Gonzalo Camarillo State Changes to Approved-announcement to be sent from IESG Evaluation::AD Followup by Gonzalo Camarillo
2010-06-26
03 Ralph Droms [Ballot Position Update] Position for Ralph Droms has been changed to No Objection from Discuss by Ralph Droms
2010-06-26
03 Adrian Farrel [Ballot Position Update] Position for Adrian Farrel has been changed to No Objection from Discuss by Adrian Farrel
2010-06-24
03 Alexey Melnikov [Ballot Position Update] Position for Alexey Melnikov has been changed to No Objection from Discuss by Alexey Melnikov
2010-06-23
03 (System) New version available: draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-03.txt
2010-06-22
03 Alexey Melnikov
[Ballot discuss]
2.4.1.  Configuration Data Request Authentication

  If the CS requires HTTP authentication of the configuration data
  request, the HTTP 'username' parameter used ...
2010-06-21
03 Sean Turner [Ballot Position Update] Position for Sean Turner has been changed to No Objection from Discuss by Sean Turner
2010-06-21
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot comment]
#1) Sec 1: You might want to answer the question with .  This document provides the answer.

#2) Sec 1.1: Seems like you're ...
2010-06-21
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot discuss]
[Updated to based on -02 version.]

#1) Addressed in -02.

#2) Addressed in -02.

#3) Addressed in -02.

#4) Addressed in -02.

#5) ...
2010-06-21
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot comment]
#1) Sec 1: You might want to answer the question with .  This document provides the answer.

#2) Sec 1.1: Seems like you're ...
2010-06-21
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot discuss]
[Updated to based on -02 version.]

#1) Addressed in -02.

#2) Addressed in -02.

#3) Addressed in -02.

#4) Addressed in -02.

#5) ...
2010-06-21
03 (System) Sub state has been changed to AD Follow up from New Id Needed
2010-06-21
02 (System) New version available: draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-02.txt
2010-05-18
03 Ralph Droms [Ballot comment]
2010-05-18
03 Ralph Droms
[Ballot discuss]
This Discuss position was updated on 5-17 after an e-mail discussion
among the authors, Ted Lemon (dhc WG co-chair) and myself.  Thread
begins ...
2010-05-07
03 (System) Removed from agenda for telechat - 2010-05-06
2010-05-06
03 Gonzalo Camarillo State Changes to IESG Evaluation::Revised ID Needed from IESG Evaluation by Gonzalo Camarillo
2010-05-06
03 Gonzalo Camarillo The authors will revise the draft in order to address a set of discusses that were received during its IESG evaluation.
2010-05-06
03 Ralph Droms [Ballot comment]
Related to the Comment Russ entered: add text to explain how a dual-stacked host operates.
2010-05-06
03 Ralph Droms
[Ballot discuss]
I'm not sure the use of DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options is consistent and/or correct.  DHCPv4 option 120, "SIP Servers DHCP Option" and DHCPv6 ...
2010-05-06
03 Ralph Droms [Ballot Position Update] New position, Discuss, has been recorded by Ralph Droms
2010-05-06
03 Ralph Droms [Ballot comment]
Related to the Comment Russ entered: add text to explain how a dual-stacked host operates.
2010-05-06
03 Adrian Farrel
[Ballot discuss]
Thank you for bring this work from the SIP Forum and undergoing the pain necessary to get a tag allocated.

I noticed two ...
2010-05-06
03 Adrian Farrel [Ballot Position Update] New position, Discuss, has been recorded by Adrian Farrel
2010-05-06
03 Dan Romascanu [Ballot Position Update] New position, Yes, has been recorded by Dan Romascanu
2010-05-06
03 Stewart Bryant [Ballot Position Update] New position, No Objection, has been recorded by Stewart Bryant
2010-05-06
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot comment]
#1) Sec 1: You might want to answer the question with .  This document provides the answer.

#2) Sec 1.1: Seems like you're ...
2010-05-06
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot discuss]
[Updated to fix numbering and some bad spelling.  Removed #9, but retained the original numbering scheme.]

#1) Normative references for HTTPS (i.e., RFCs ...
2010-05-05
03 Russ Housley
[Ballot comment]
> 2.2.1.  The Local Network Domain
  >
  >    The UA MUST attempt to use the Local Network Domain name (see ...
2010-05-05
03 Russ Housley [Ballot Position Update] New position, No Objection, has been recorded by Russ Housley
2010-05-05
03 Alexey Melnikov
[Ballot discuss]
2.3.  Constructing the Configuration Request URL

  Using the Configuration Service Domain name obtained in Section 2.2,
  "Obtaining the Configuration Service Domain", ...
2010-05-05
03 Peter Saint-Andre [Ballot Position Update] Position for Peter Saint-Andre has been changed to Yes from Discuss by Peter Saint-Andre
2010-05-05
03 Peter Saint-Andre [Ballot discuss]
2010-05-05
03 Ron Bonica [Ballot Position Update] New position, No Objection, has been recorded by Ron Bonica
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot comment]
#1) Sec 1: You might want to answer the question with .  This document provides the answer.

#2) Sec 1.1: Seems like you're ...
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot discuss]
[Updated to fix numbering.  Removed #9, but retained the original numbering scheme.]

#1) Normative references for HTTPS (i.e., RFCs 2817 & 2818) are ...
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot comment]
#1) Sec 1: You might want to answer the question with .  This document provides the answer.

#2) Sec 1.1: Seems like you're ...
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot discuss]
[Updated to fix numbering]

#1) Normative references for HTTPS (i.e., RFCs 2817 & 2818) are needed. 

Gonzolo: Note RFC 2818 is Informational but ...
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot comment]
#1) Sec 1: You might want to answer the question with .  This document provides the answer.

#2) Sec 1.1: Seems like you're ...
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner
[Ballot discuss]
#1) Normative references for HTTPS (i.e., RFCs 2817 & 2818) are needed. 

Gonzolo: Note RFC 2818 is Informational but is included in the ...
2010-05-05
03 Sean Turner [Ballot Position Update] New position, Discuss, has been recorded by Sean Turner
2010-05-04
03 Peter Saint-Andre
[Ballot discuss]
This document is a pleasure to read. However, this statement seems a bit weak:

  If the UA is capable of doing so, ...
2010-05-04
03 Peter Saint-Andre [Ballot Position Update] New position, Discuss, has been recorded by Peter Saint-Andre
2010-05-04
03 Alexey Melnikov
[Ballot discuss]
2.3.  Constructing the Configuration Request URL

  Using the Configuration Service Domain name obtained in Section 2.2,
  "Obtaining the Configuration Service Domain", ...
2010-05-04
03 Robert Sparks [Ballot Position Update] New position, Recuse, has been recorded by Robert Sparks
2010-05-04
03 Samuel Weiler Request for Last Call review by SECDIR Completed. Reviewer: Jeffrey Hutzelman.
2010-05-03
03 Alexey Melnikov
[Ballot discuss]
2.3.  Constructing the Configuration Request URL

  Using the Configuration Service Domain name obtained in Section 2.2,
  "Obtaining the Configuration Service Domain", ...
2010-05-03
03 Alexey Melnikov [Ballot Position Update] New position, Discuss, has been recorded by Alexey Melnikov
2010-04-29
03 Gonzalo Camarillo [Ballot Position Update] New position, Yes, has been recorded by Gonzalo Camarillo
2010-04-29
03 Gonzalo Camarillo State Changes to IESG Evaluation from Waiting for AD Go-Ahead by Gonzalo Camarillo
2010-04-29
03 Gonzalo Camarillo Placed on agenda for telechat - 2010-05-06 by Gonzalo Camarillo
2010-04-20
03 (System) State has been changed to Waiting for AD Go-Ahead from In Last Call by system
2010-04-16
03 Amanda Baber
IANA comments:

Upon approval of this document, IANA will make the following assignments
in the "S-NAPTR Application Service Tags" registry at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/s-naptr-parameters/s-naptr-parameters.xhtml

Tag Reference
-------- ...
2010-04-16
03 Gonzalo Camarillo Responsible AD has been changed to Gonzalo Camarillo from Cullen Jennings
2010-04-16
03 Gonzalo Camarillo Note field has been cleared by Gonzalo Camarillo
2010-04-15
01 (System) New version available: draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-01.txt
2010-03-24
03 Samuel Weiler Request for Last Call review by SECDIR is assigned to Jeffrey Hutzelman
2010-03-24
03 Samuel Weiler Request for Last Call review by SECDIR is assigned to Jeffrey Hutzelman
2010-03-23
03 Amy Vezza Last call sent
2010-03-23
03 Amy Vezza State Changes to In Last Call from Last Call Requested by Amy Vezza
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings Last Call was requested by Cullen Jennings
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings State Changes to Last Call Requested from AD Evaluation by Cullen Jennings
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings [Ballot Position Update] New position, Yes, has been recorded for Cullen Jennings
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings Ballot has been issued by Cullen Jennings
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings Created "Approve" ballot
2010-03-23
03 (System) Ballot writeup text was added
2010-03-23
03 (System) Last call text was added
2010-03-23
03 (System) Ballot approval text was added
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings State Changes to AD Evaluation from Publication Requested by Cullen Jennings
2010-03-23
03 Cullen Jennings Draft Added by Cullen Jennings in state Publication Requested
2010-03-22
00 (System) New version available: draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-00.txt