SCIM Industry Next Steps
|Document||Type||Approved BOF request|
|Title||SCIM Industry Next Steps|
|Responsible leadership||Roman Danyliw|
|Send notices to||(None)|
Name: SCIM Industry Next Steps (SINS)
With the wide adoption of SCIM, there is a need to update and push the published RFCs as standards.
The updates are to enable better scalability, database synchronization and improved automation of SCIM.
In addition, new use cases have developed that need further description and attention. Beyond the updates to the
use case documents, the existing schema needs to evolve to enable support for privileged access management and enterprise and HR record handling.
Fill in the details below. Keep items in the order they appear here.
- Status: WG Forming
- Responsible AD: Roman Danyliw
- BOF proponents: Pamela Dingle <Pamela.Dingle@microsoft.com>, Paul Lanzi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Matt Peterson (email@example.com)
- BOF chairs: Nancy Cam-Winget, Barry Leiba
- Number of people expected to attend: 75
- Length of session (1 or 2 hours): 2 hours
- Conflicts (whole Areas and/or WGs)
- Chair Conflicts: rats, teep, tls, quic, oauth, add
- Technology Overlap: TBD
- Key Participant Conflict: TBD
- Proposed Charter Text discussion
Links to the mailing list, draft charter if any, relevant Internet-Drafts, etc.
- External community: https://github.com/SCIM-Interest-Group/
- Mailing List: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/scim/
- Draft charter: https://hackmd.io/fbDRsy8HThOXoMNjxu3-Og?view
- Relevant drafts: