Minutes IETF100: homenet
||Minutes IETF100: homenet
IETF 100 - Homenet Agenda
Monday, November 13th, 2017
15:50-17:20 Afternoon session II
0. Administrivia (5m)
Note taker - Wicinski, Tim
Jabber relay - Mikael Abrahamsson
1. WG Status Update - Chairs (5m)
Ray Bellis' last meeting as chair!
- draft-ietf-homenet-babel-profile-03 (in WGLC through November 17)
- draft-ietf-homenet-dot-14 (in editor’s queue)
- draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-05 2016-08-15 Expired
- draft-ietf-homenet-hncp-bis-00 2016-07-08 Expired
- draft-ietf-homenet-hybrid-proxy-zeroconf-02 2015-10-15 Expired
- draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-04 2016-08-15 Expired
- draft-ietf-homenet-routing-consensus-call-01 2016-01-21 Expired
- draft-lemon-homenet-naming-architecture-01 2016-07-08 Expired
2. Support for HNCP in IPv6 CE routers (Jordi Palet Martinez, 20m)
- based loosely on draft-palet-v6ops-rfc7084-bis-transition-01
Ted Lemon(TL): ISP model vs Homenet Router model, they want to manage the
Hans Liu(HL): No homenet deployment. Can fetch openwrt, but not enough.
Mikael Abrahamsson(MA): Those two cases are too simplified or needs more
qualification. ISPs in Europe and GDPR (the EU General Data Protection
Regulation) can only pull certain things.
Pierre Pfister(PP): use case - two providers, each with box, plug them together.
Ran Atkinson(RA): reduce customer support calls, want to control their box.
MA: If CableLabs, etc not talking about this, will not get deployed.
Barbara Stark(BS): not recommend focusing on ISP model. focus on individual
David S: We can't touch the ISP Router
3. Naming Architecture and Service Discovery
- draft-ietf-homenet-simple-homenet-naming-00 (Ted Lemon, 20m)
Andrew Sullivan(AJS): Bigger Worry is significant gaps (DNSSEC, etc). WG needs
to decide on punting work.
Stuart Cheshire(SC): WG did not want to tackle the more complicated work.
BS: [To Ted] What sort of participation do you want?
TL: Implementers; Text in Document;
The following people volunteered to review the doc and send comments to the
list: Ray Barbara Jordi AJS Tim
4. Security (Ted Lemon, 30m)
- include discussion of more general homenet security
DS: Interest on this on the Babel side. babel-bis moving to standards track.
Juliusz C(JC): [channeled by Mikael via jabber] Does not coincide with the
Lots of documents to write
SC: Security w/out relying on root PKI
DS: Babel people want security. current Babel RFC not best place to mandate it.
JS: Babel meeting is Friday, giving Babel Security presentation.
Terry Manderson: Security is a milestone in Homenet. Really needs to be there.
BS: Security is important. No CA I trust to say what can be on my home net, or
vouch for identity of what is on my homenet.
AJS: Worry is bunch of people in room who do complicated things, but want
plug-in-and-work magic. Prerequisite is principles document.
DS: Maybe take step back and take requirements on trust establishment. Willing
BS: There is interest.
5. Other (TBD, 10m)