Minutes for 6TISCH at IETF-95
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e
||Minutes for 6TISCH at IETF-95
# Minutes, IETF 95 6TiSCH WG Meeting #
Note: this document is formatted using Markdown
Agenda and Meeting information
Meeting : IETF95 Monday, April 4, 2016 (ART)
Time : 14:00-15:30 Monday Afternoon session I (90min)
Location : Room Buen Ayre B, Hilton Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires,
Argentina Chairs : Pascal Thubert
Responsible AD : Brian Haberman
URLs : http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/
Intro and Status [5min] (Chairs)
Note-Well, Blue Sheets, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
New charter and status docs [20min] (Chairs)
* Status Documents
* Status 6lo / ROLL
* New Charter
* Action Plan
* Announcement ETSI 6TiSCH #2 Plugtests [7min] (Miguel Angel Reina
Ortega) * Announcement ETSI 6TiSCH #3 Plugtests [3min] (Miguel Angel
* [15min] (Xavier Vilajosana)
* [15min] (Diego Dujovne)
* call for WG adoption
* status of the work and action plan [10min] (Michael Richardson)
Unchartered items, time permitting
* [10min] (Satish Anamalamudi)
Any Other Business [2min] (Chairs)
* agenda: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/95/agenda/6tisch/
* presented slides: TODO
* Meetecho recording (audio+video): TODO
* Jabber log: http://www.ietf.org/jabber/logs/6tisch/2016-04-04.html
[This summary is transmitted to the INT area ADs]
* Dominique Barthel
* Charlie Perkins
* Keoma Brun-Laguna
* Ines Robles
* [14.00] [expected: 14.00] Meeting starts
* [14.00] [expected: 14.00] Intro and Status (**Thomas Watteyne**) [5min]
* change in agenda: Tero will present IEs
* see draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00.txt
* [14.03] [expected: 14.05] (**Tero Kivinen**) [5min]
* 16 IE codes available, IETF can get one, to share between WGs.
* subtypes to be allocated by IANA.
* Tero requests for comments, on 6lo or 6TiSCH mailing list.
* Q&A: Tero suggest one framework on how IETF uses its assigned code.
Will chase AD's to find a sponsor for this draft. * Action item: Chairs to
coordinate about AD sponsoring
* [14.07] [expected: 14.10] New charter and status docs (**Pascal Thubert**)
* -minimal draft: answered all INT AREA comments. Expect feedback fron INT
DIR. * 6lo routing header split into one draft at 6lo and one at ROLL. Both
now in last call. * Gabriel asking for feedback about 6lo-dispatch * Hop by
Hop at 6man: 6man considering preventing any new use of HbH * 6TiSCH WG has
rechartered. Thanks Brian! * Current work items 6P, SF0, secure bootstrap,
updating architecture doc, requirements to Detnet. YANG data model
differed. * Plugtest in Berlin [very important], if you have an
implementation, please join. * need to really get momentum on the security
* [14.16] [expected: 14.30] ETSI 6TiSCH #2 and #3 Plugtests (**Miguel Angel
Reina Ortega**, presented by Thomas Watteyne) [5min]
* overview of past event in Paris. 12 companies. 14 test cases. Main point
was 6top protocol and 6lo RH. * did not test SF0, considered was not mature
enough for interop. * next event in Berlin, scope not completely defined.
Probably SF0 and BB routing (although not on the slide) * Check actual
dates: July 16-17?.
* [14.21] [expected: 14.35] draft-wang-6tisch-6top-protocol-00 (**Xavier
* renaming of -sublayer draft
* renamed some fields, added 3-way transaction
* 6top sits between 15.4e and next upper layer
* intended use is for 6top to run a different slot frame from -minimal,
concurrently. * in 3-step mode, requester only requests number of cells,
and receiver suggests list of cells. * Thomas: this draft needs update to
take into account new proposed management of IEs at IETF. * see
draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00.txt * metadata for extra info to be exchanged
between SF, unknown to 6top * 3rd step is called Confirmation, same format
as response * draft has guidelines for SF designers. ANy SF has to specify
which statistics 6top should gather for the SF to be able to make its
decisions * Slide about "IEEE Liaison Considerations" will need changes in
view of new draft from Tero Kivinen re: IEs * Thomas: this is -00 but
actually renaming of a quite mature -sublayer draft. Will do preliminary
call for adoption after next presentation. * Q&A: [no questions]
* [14.35] [expected: 14.50] draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0-01 (**Diego
* no longer supposes that application explicitely requests bandwidth.
* Blacklist also possible in addition to white list of cells.
* Bandwidth Estimation algorithm: do a little over-provisioning because
guessing from observed traffic. * Relocation request * Allocation policy
translate bandwidth allocation into cells (taking into account each cell's
PDR). * CellList / WhiteList * TODO:
* node behaviour at boot. Extra cells for speeding up the boot process, to
be removed later on.
* Xavi on Jabber: will the draft provide recommended value for
threshold? DIego: not at this point. Thomas on jabber: I believe we
should have recommended values in there, to insure interoperability,
although it might not satisfy everything, RFC6550 includes
RECOMMENDED values * Pascal: over-provisioning. For each child or
for all children? Diego: will think about it. * Thomas 256 values
for SF ids. SF0 is expected to be the simplest one.
* [14.46] [expected: 15.05] call for WG adoption (**Chairs**) [5min]
* 6top and SF0 are companion drafts. Been worked on for months, just
recently appeared on the charter. * Pascal: (6top) anybody opposes WG
adoption for 6top adoption? Raise hand if you thinks it time to approve (15
hands). Any opposition? none
same questions regarding SF0: Approve? ~7 hands. Opposed? none.[to be
confirmed on the mailing list]
* [14.49] [expected: 15.10] status security (**Michael Richardson**) [10min]
* From the 6tisch point of view non have changed
* JCE changed named to ANIMA register
* assumes manufacturer installed certificate
* A lot of the work have changed to Wordking Group ??
* ANIMA and 6TiSCH contrasts:
* ANIMA use HTTPS while 6T prefers DTLS/CoAP + 6top
* ANIMA is not really constrained compared to 6TiSCH
* ANIMA and NETCONF contrasts
* 6TiSCH vs NETCONF:
* both use YANG
* Join Problem:
* new, potentially malicious, nodes dropped in the network without
* How to tunnel traffic from new node to registrar through Join Assistant
Discussed at length in ANIMA.
* Thomas: when can we start using stuff from ANIMA?
* Michael: June.
* Pascal: reform Design Team?
* Michael: first have running code and see what happens. We have written
* [15.05] [expected: 15.20] draft-satish-6tisch-aodv-rpl-00 (**Satish
Anamalamudi**) [10min] Presented by Mingui Zhang on Satish'es behalf
* Two routes instances for route discovery
* extends RPL. One instance for Route Discovery from Source do Dest,
another one for the reverse direction. * new "A" flag in DIO to tell if
link is asymmetrical. * if all links symmetrical, destination will receive
DIO with A flag reset: instance 2 will use the same links as Instance1. If
any link is asymmetrical, destination will receive DIO with A=1.
Destination will multicast Instance2 message. * no address vector in
response message, bandwidth saving. * Q&A:
* Pascal: 6TiSCH is INT area WG. This should be presented at ROLL for
potential adoption. 6TiSCH can use it later.
* Pascal: this is evolution of P2P-RPL (experimental track). This is
standards track. Can you summarize changes, improvements? Charlie
Perkins: standards track: we want to have implementations, P2P
experimental has been out for some time, people understand it now.
* Satish: we avoid address vector completely.
* Ines: come to ROLL meeting Tuesday 4:20pm, we have an open floor slot
at the end of the meeting, you can squeeze in and briefly mention your
* Thomas: You addressed a lot asymmetric links, what exactly defines an
asymetrical link, is it the path or the cells. => resource level
* Pascal: now confused. Allocation of resource is after path has been
* [15.22] [expected: 15.30] Any Other Business (**Chairs**)
* Pascal expresses thanks to those who helped get the IE discussion done.
Pat Kinney, Tero, Charlie, ..
* [15.23] [expected: 15.30] Meeting ends