Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-04: Fri 07:00
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-04-201702030700-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-04: Fri 07:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2017-02-07

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-04-201702030700

       ## DRAFT ##

   # Minutes, 03 February 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

   Note: timestamps in PDT.

   Connection details
   ------------------

   * Date: 7-8am Pacific:
   http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-02-03&sln=15-16
   * Webex link:
   https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=mcdbbe3a4e38d97d986b507ec12a1f9b1
       * Meeting number (access code): 203 224 694
       * Meeting password: sixtus (749887 from phones)
   * Meeting Material:
   https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/raw/master/170203_webex/slides_170203_webex.ppt
   * Meeting Recording:
   https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=87775322ae0c4f60953eb2c4de5e6987
      * Recording password: hP8duvqy

   Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_
   -------------------------------

   1. Xavi Vilajosana

   Present _(alphabetically)_
   --------------------------

   1. Charles Perkins
   1. Esteban Municio
   1. Georgios Papadopoulos
   1. Malisa Vucinic
   1. Michael Richardson
   1. Pascal Thubert
   1. Pat Kinney
   1. Qin Wang
   1. Rashid Sangi
   1. Renzo Navas
   1. Sedat Gormus
   1. Simon Duquennoy
   1. S.V.R. Anand
   1. Tero Kivinen
   1. Tengfei Chang
   1. Thomas Watteyne
   1. Xavi Vilajosana
   1. Yasuyuki Tanaka

   Action Items
   ------------

   1. Xavi to clarify the behaviour of the delete cell command

   Agenda
   ------

   * Administrivia [2min]
       * Approval agenda
       * Approval minutes last call
   * Status of drafts [Chairs] [5min]
   * News from 802.15.12 [Pat] [25min]
   * Wrap up ML discussions on 6top [Thomas] [25min]
   * AOB [3min]

   Minutes
   -------

   * Administrivia [2min]
       * Approval agenda
       > Agenda is approved. No issues raised.
       * Approval minutes last call
       > Last call minutes approved. No issues raised.
   * Status of drafts [Chairs] [5min]
       * minimal - to address some mails in the ML asking for K2 -> K1 issue.
          * Action XV: to answer in the ML.
       * Architecture draft and Tracks text submitted to the ML by Pascal.
   * 802.15.12
      * Pat presents 15.12
      * thought to work as an LLC.
      * High complexity in configuring 15.4 so this raised the need to abstract
      some of the functionalities through this LLC (15.12) * 28 parameters to
      configure 15.4. We want to allow simple primitives to work with the
      underlying 15.4 * From 802.3 and .11 we learn that using ethertypes or
      protocol discriminators are the way to go. We want to support anything on
      top of 15.4. * Also fragmentation (as supported by 6lowpan (current and
      new approach being worked at 6TISCH) and then 15.9 approach * need for
      management,
       * Michael Richardson: what management means in terms of IEEE.
       * PAT: we had managed objects with snmp, now we think this is also
       needed and we want to provide objects to be managed * Michael
       Richardson: you refer to counters and other values that will be exposed
       to be consulted with protocols like snmp ... * PAT: yes
      * Using a multiplexer for L3 interface (PDE) supporting then different
      upper layers. * Pascal: How much of the information in the .12 part will
      be in the frame? * To be seen after some slides. * The MMI is the
      multiplexing and fragmentation interface. A new IE is introduced by 15.9
      and this IE will also be used by 15.12 as well. * 6P and 6Lowpan will be
      a protocol module. * Pascal: we will need to define well the flow. * The
      architecture is very flexible to support 6P scheduling etc.. * 6lowpan
      will use the pass throug module unless is using 6P. * Support for ranging
      and locations. Mechanisms for passive gathering of location as well as
      active gathering of location. * Devices IE capable vs non-IE capable. *
      Device discovery -> discover if the device is ULI capable or not. *
      using security mechanism as a discovery mechanism. If a highre layer
      protocol does not have an Identification mechanism in the first 1-2
      octets we
        can use a well known 802.15.12 start of the datagram.
       * ULI header in the MAC payload. Using 2B for ULI and 2B for ethertype
       (in examples.) then follows IPHC. * TW: we are putting an IE between the
       MAC and 6lowpan. THe ULI enables us to identify what follows. What do we
       gain?
          -PAT: we gain protocol discriminator.
          -Tero: even if you have your own implementation and you do not want
          to run something else in your device, this ULI approch will enable us
          to discriminate if other devices are using the same protocol or are
          implementing different versions. This will help your devices to
          filter out other devices running different protocols with the same
          radio technology.
       * Also this puts this procotol inline with the IEEE architecture (with
       protocol discriminator).

   * Wrap up ML discussions on 6top [Thomas] [25min]
       * Editors worked in the draft.
       * most of the issues addressed.
       * added section about relocation
       * clarify why numcells in delete.
       * Propose to reorder sections
       * status -> count
       * missing details about IANA. Reference to Tero's drafts as well.
       *
   * AOB [3min]
       * no AOB.