Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-06: Fri 07:00
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-06-201703030700-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-06: Fri 07:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2017-03-03

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-06-201703030700

   ## DRAFT ##

# Minutes, 03 March 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details
------------------

* Date: 7-8am Pacific:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-03-03&sln=15-16
* Webex recording:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=6b12f377131944adbcab176d931c281d
    * Recording password: RjQNPyA3
* Material link:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/raw/master/170303_webex/slides_170303_webex.ppt

Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_
-------------------------------

1. xavi vilajosana
3. Pascal Thubert

Present _(alphabetically)_
--------------------------

1. Diego Dujovne
1. Dominique Barthel
1. Eva Davids
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Michael Richardson
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Qin Wang
1. Rashid Sangi
1. Simon Duquennoy
1. Xavi Vilajosana

Action Items
------------

1.      Pascal to poll Tero for comments addressed in draft minimal 21

Agenda
------

* Administrivia [2min]
    * Approval agenda
    * Approval minutes last call
* Status of drafts [Pascal] [5min]
* Update on security [Michael] [10min]
* Update on 6P [Xavi] [10min]
* Preparation for IETF 98[Pascal] [QS]
* AOB [3min]

Minutes
-------

* Administrivia [2min]
    * Approval agenda
    > Agenda is approved. No issues raised.
    * Approval minutes last call
    > Las call minutes are approved. No issues raised.

* Status of drafts [Pascal] [5min]
    * Action item Pascal to ping Tero and Suresh about minimal status.

        * Minimal seems ready according to authors. Waiting for AD to come back.

    *
    *

* Update on security [Michael] [10min]
    * meeting every 2 weeks with an extra meeting in Feb. Tuesdays.
    * call is to coordinate 6tisch minimal security and zero touch security.
    * Some real progress on that.
    * Minimal security: Decided to keep the rekeying outside of the document.
    to keep it simple. * Some updates to oscoap and edhoc that make the draft
    obsolete. New version will come with updates. Complication in the proxy
    mechanism. * Considering a 6tisch specific coap option * not discussed yet
    within security design team. * considering abandoning fully passive mode
    for a hybrid
        - larger enrollement process managed centrally. Looking for COMI
        interfaces to do that. No consensus on that. - EDHOC - minimal rekey
        document. Moves all the rekeying process from the 2 drafts. In both of
        these draft we get a key and we need to rekey. This new document
        explains this process. - PT: K1 is shared. - MR: Any one that has the
        K2 can decrypt the packet. When we had a K1 that authenticate beacons
        only this was only doing that. K1 was thought to be as an ethertype.
        There is nothing that prevents us to use a single key to both things.
        It could not be well-known. 6tisch minimal security will provide a
        unique key for the network. It is not clear if we want to provide 2
        keys or with one that is private is enough.

     * rekey draft presented at the IETF. Michael will call for adoption.
     * another draft created. Deciding what to be inserted in the EB. Idea to
     use RAs in the EBs. * PT: One of the implication of using RAs is to help
     identifying the network to leaf nodes. Something else than the dodagid is
     needed. * We do not have anything in IP that will be permanent, the prefix
     is very stable and is a good candidate. * IANA considerations in 6550 will
     enable the allocation of a number there.

* Update on 6P [Xavi] [10min]
    * Not a lot of progress.
    * Thomas proposed a reordering that still needs to be implemented.
    * RELOCATE command was added.
    * clarification of 2-way and 3-way transactions
    * Not much progress on Thomas proposal

* Preparation for IETF 98[Pascal] [QS]
    * 6P -> thomas, xavi, qin joining remotely.
    * Action: Xavi and Qin to agree on who presents.
    * Diego will present a new version of SF0.
    * Security has 4 drafts, that will be presented. Merge them? or 4 slots?  2
    WG document + 2 new drafts. * MR: 4 slots ok. * 2 hours meeting. More time
    to solve problems and discuss. * slots can be used for discussion. * slides
    will be 4:3 for this meeting. * scribes: Diego Dujovne, Dominique Barthel.
    * jabber: Michael Richardson

* AOB [3min]
    * No other B.