Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-11: Fri 07:00
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-11-201706090700-00

Meeting Minutes IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (6tisch) WG
Title Minutes interim-2017-6tisch-11: Fri 07:00
State Active
Other versions plain text
Last updated 2017-06-09

Meeting Minutes
minutes-interim-2017-6tisch-11-201706090700

   ## DRAFT ##

# Minutes, 9 June 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG #

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details
------------------

* Date: 9 June 2017  7-8am Pacific:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,12,5392171,1850147&h=100&date=2017-06-09&sln=14-15
* Webex link:
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=mcdbbe3a4e38d97d986b507ec12a1f9b1
* Material link:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/raw/master/170609_webex/slides_170609_webex.ppt
* Webex Recording:
      *    Recording password:

Present
-------

1. Diego Dujovne
1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Michael Richardson
1. Dominique Barthel
1. Qin Wang
1. Remy Leone
1. Tengfei Chang
1. Xavi Vilajosana
1. Pedro Gomes
1. Simon Duquennoy
1. Sedat Gormus

Present _(previous meeting)_
----------------------------

1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Pascal Thubert
1. A Paventhan
1. Diego Dujovne
1. Jonathan Munoz
1. Malisa Vucinic
1. Maria Rita Palattella
1. Michael Richardson
1. Remy Leone
1. Sumankumar Panchal
1. Tengfei Chang
1. Yasuyuki Tanaka

Taking notes _(using Etherpad)_
-------------------------------

1. Pascal Thubert
1. Thomas Watteyne
1. Xavi Vilajosana

Action Items
------------

    * Xavi and Qin to follow up review SF0

    * Diego to continue the thread on time out computation between SF0 and 6P.
    Whether ASN of the time out should be indicated in the packet.

    * Xavi and Qin to post 6p-06 addressing Jonathan's comments

       * All to review the test

Agenda
------

* Administrivia                           [7min]
    * Agenda bashing
    * Approval minutes from last meeting
    * Addressing todo's from last time
    * Available: RFC 8137 and RFC 8180
* 6P finalization (Xavi, Qin)             [20min]
    * News on draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-05 [Qin]
    * review 6P [Jonathan, presented by Tengfei]
* PlugTest                                [25min]
    * admin update [Miguel]
    * test description [Maria Rita]
    * overview tools [Remy]
    * next steps [Thomas]
* AOB                                     [ 3min]

Minutes
-------

[7:05] Administrivia                           [7min]
    * Agenda bashing
    agenda is approved.
    * Approval minutes from last meeting
    * Last call minutes approved.

    * Addressing todo's from last time

        * Xavi and Qin to review SF0
            *  Xavi sent comments to Diego and mailing list, got response but
            hasn't processed yet. *  Qin also sent the review of SF0 to the ML
            and to Diego. *  Action item for Diego to follow up. *  Diego to
            start a thread on time out computation between SF0 and 6P. Whether
            ASN of the time out should be indicated in the packet.

        * Xavi and Qin to post 6p-05 addressing Charlie's comments
            * Done

        * Jonathan to review 6P after Charlie's comments are addressed
            * Underway, comments posted and being discussed

    * Available: RFC 8137 and RFC 8180
          * RFC8137, shared work with 6lo, Asking officially to IEEE ANA for an
          IETF IE * Action item for 6p editor is to update 6p draft to point to
          this RFC. * We need to make sure we allocate a sub-id for the 6P from
          the IETF IANA

    * Also RFC8180 published

    * Plugtest information:

        * Chairs asked for a 6TiSCH meeting early in the week.
        * The duration can be elastic 2H or 2H30, to be sure we get it at the
        beginning of the week.

[7:12] 6P finalization (Xavi, Qin)             [20min]

    * News on draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-05 [Qin]

    * review 6P [Jonathan, presented by Tengfei]

        * Qin provided answers to the review by Jonathan
        * Tengfei: About the use of MAY
        * Thomas: please do not use normative language here, just lowercase
        "are" * Pascal: yes, please limit the use of uppercase to normative
        directions that are required for interoperation, and may be validated
        by a conformance test. * Xavi: what's next, publish 06 and then? *
        Thomas: Yes we need a stable 06 for the plugTest. We can WGLC after the
        plugtest * Xavi: yes, there were a lot of good comments for minimal at
        previous plugTest * Pascal: Agree, let's report on the plugTest abd the
        WG meeting and start WGLC ASAP after that

[7:32] PlugTest                                [25min]

    * admin update [Thomas for Miguel]
        * Website is launched, need registrations by end of June

    * test description [Remy for Maria Rita]

        * published by Remy. The presentation seems to be image only, can not
        click on link, please paste it here: * Call to everybody to have a look
        and raise issues if something is not correct. * release it by 15th june
        * have a sniffer on the pt that will be sniffing all traffic during all
        day long. * objective is to be able to replicate all what happened
        during the plugtest. * test include: minimal, sync, security, 6p * TW:
        questions about bitbucket repo https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/td-6tisch
              - the repo contains yml files with the different tels. THere is a
              tool to convert them to pdf. - Remy has done a subselection of
              the tests in the repo to create the final pdf. THe rest of yml
              files describe other tests that will not be used in this PT. -
              THe idea is that by the 16th of june an official PDF will be sent
              out as a final test description. - REMY requires as much review
              as possible from the WG and participant.

        * Thomas: please do the pseudo-legals to ensure that all participants
        agree that all traffic is sniffed and recorded *

    * On 6TiSCH security [Malisa]

        * Stateless proxy option defined in the 6tisch minimal security

        * new coap option used when we want stateless operation of the coap
        proxy.

     problem is where to include the description of the required option for the
     6tisch minimal security.

         - first range to 255 is for options defined by the IETF in an RFC and
         with IESG approval. - second range 255 to 2047 common specifications
         (outside IETF)

      * Malisa proposes to use a number from the second range. So we do not
      close this option to the IETF. * Michael R: agrees on using the first
      range. as this is an option for the IETF. * Would that option will be
      hidden in the 6tisch draft? or be a different draft at core * Pascal: The
      rule is an RFC, note a Core RFC. We need to present ot Core early, that's
      politeness. * Malisa: Already presented to Core * Thomas: All set then *
      Michael R: we do not need to make it a different draft but just present 1
      slide at CORE.

      * All: Please register by July 7 at the IETF meeting. Draft cutoff date
      is July 3rd.

[7:57]  AOB                                   [ 3min]