Certicom's Statement of IPR relating to draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-00
The text of the original IPR disclosure is available in the disclosure history.
Note: Updates to IPR disclosures must only be made by authorized representatives of the original submitters. Updates will automatically be forwarded to the current Patent Holder's Contact and to the Submitter of the original IPR disclosure.
This IPR disclosure has been updated by IPR disclosure ID #1443, "Certicom Corp. Statement about IPR Related to draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc-00".
Patent Holder/Applicant ("Patent Holder")
- Holder legal name
- Certicom Corp.
'II'. Patent Holder's Contact for License Application
- Holder contact name
- Karl Burger
- Holder contact email
- Holder contact info
'III'. Contact Information for the IETF Participant Whose Personal Belief Triggered this Disclosure
- Matthew Campagna
- Other info
'IV'. IETF Document or Other Contribution to Which this IPR Disclosure Relates
draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc ("AES-CCM Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Cipher Suites for TLS")
'V'. Disclosure of Patent Information i.e., patents or patent applications required to be disclosed by Section 6 of RFC 3979
A. For granted patents or published pending patent applications, please provide the following information:
- Patent, Serial, Publication, Registration, or Application/File number(s)
Date: 2003-05-13, 2004-03-09, 2007-05-08
B. Does this disclosure relate to an unpublished pending patent application?:
- Has patent pending
'VI'. Licensing Declaration
The Patent Holder states that its position with respect to licensing any patent claims contained in the patent(s) or patent application(s) disclosed above that would necessarily be infringed by implementation of the technology required by the relevant IETF specification ("Necessary Patent Claims"), for the purpose of implementing such specification, is as follows(select one licensing declaration option only):
- one selected]
- Licensing information, comments, notes, or URL for further information
Certicom Corp. will, upon request and after providing a written confirmation of the terms herein, provide a non-exclusive, royalty-free patent license, to permit end users (including both client and server sides), to use such essential patents owned by Certicom Corp. when implementing the above specification subject to the following limitations and provided that the following conditions are met in full:
1. Certicom Corp. retains the right to assert any of its patents (including the right to claim past royalties) against any party that asserts a patent it owns or controls (either directly or indirectly) against Certicom Corp., and/or any of Certicom’s Affiliates or successors in title (collectively “Certicom”). If any such assertion is made against Certicom, then a material term of this license has not been met and any purported previous license pursuant to this declaration is revoked and shall be treated as if it never existed; Certicom retains the right to assert any of its patents (including the right to claim past royalties) against any party that asserts a patent it owns or controls (either directly or indirectly) against a Certicom product or service, either alone or in combination with other products or services. If any such assertion is made against a Certicom product or service, then a material term of this license has not been met and any purported previous license pursuant to this declaration is revoked and shall be treated as if it never existed;
2. Certicom retains the right to assert its patents against any product, service or portion thereof that is not essential to elements of the above specification.
3. Any certificates used in an implementation of this IETF specification are from a Certicom-licensed Certificate Authority (“CA”); and
4. The party requesting a license must provide reciprocal licensing terms to Certicom for all Certicom products and services.
The license granted does not extend, either explicitly or implicitly, to any protocol other than the schemes defined in draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-01 when used for TLS. If any party does not agree to all of the above terms, Certicom will also negotiate a license to the essential Certicom patents under FRAND terms subject to reciprocity and defensive suspension.
“Affiliate” of Certicom Corp. means any legal entity that is for the time being directly or indirectly in control of or controlled by Certicom Corp. Control in this context, exists where one entity owns more than fifty percent (50%) of the voting stock or equity in another entity, or regardless of stock or equity ownership, is otherwise able to direct its affairs or to appoint a majority of the members of the board of directors or an equivalent body to determine the course of action of the entity by virtue of its voting or other rights. Such entities shall only be deemed to be Affiliates, hereunder for as long as such control exists.
Note: The individual submitting this template represents and warrants that he or she is authorized by the Patent Holder to agree to the above-selected licensing declaration.
'VII'. Contact Information of Submitter of this Form
- Submitter name
- David Lewis
- Submitter email
Only those sections of the relevant entry form where the submitter provided information are displayed.