MBONE Deployment (mboned)
|Area||Operations and Management Area (ops)|
|More info||Additional MBONED Page|
|Jabber chat||Room address||xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org?join|
Charter for Working Group
The MBONE Deployment Working Group is a forum for coordinating the
deployment, engineering, and operation of multicast routing protocols
and procedures in the global Internet, inter-domain and single domain.
This activity will include, but not be limited to:
- Document deployment of multicast routing in the global Internet.
- Receive regular reports on the current state of the deployment of
multicast technology. Create "practice and experience" documents that
capture the experience of those who have deployed and are deploying
various multicast technologies.
- Based on reports and other information, provide feedback to other
relevant working groups.
- Develop mechanisms and procedures for sharing operational information
to aid in operation of the multicast backbones and interconnects.
- Analyze the need for IPv4 - IPv6 multicast transition solutions
- Develop tools, extend protocols and provide operational and
implementation advice that assists in multicast administration,
diagnostics, troubleshooting and deployment between/within native and
- Development of routing and group membership protocols is out of scope.
This working group may develop requirements and assist in review and
feedback of documents in other working groups responsible for such
Submit Overview of Multicast in the Data Center to IESG for Informational
|Mar 2014||Work with TSV area to submit multicast transport guidelines for congestion control|
Submit Mtracev2 to IESG for Proposed Standards